Amazon Reviews in Sacramento, CA | Glassdoor

Amazon Chairman, President, and CEO Jeff Bezos
Jeff Bezos

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Work/life balance seems comparable to other places I've worked - not worse (in 2222 reviews)

• No work life - personal life balance (in 462 reviews)

1. "great area to work"

Current Employee - Fulfillment in Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - Fulfillment in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at Amazon full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

benefits first day
    the environment great
    great people and great manager. i been here for 3 weeks.

Cons

hands will get tired if your package.
    stretch your hands more.

2. "Associate"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at Amazon full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fast growing company with good benefits

Cons

Most of employes are rude and disrespectful

Advice to Management

I have nothing to advice them

3. "Package delivery / driver"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

I worked at Amazon part-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Briely talking to the customers making sure the packages were in a safe place on their property.

Cons

Attempting to accept more appointments by the use of app in. i. e. traffic. and not being able to make it.

Advice to Management

Being considerate of your employees as you expect them to be of your customers.

4. "Nightmare"

Former Employee - Fulfillment Associate in Sacramento, CA
    Former Employee - Fulfillment Associate in Sacramento, CA

I worked at Amazon full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good pay lots of work

Cons

Long hours, poor training and support ridiculous goals and quotas

"Amazon is a joke to work for"

Current Employee - Sorter/Puller in Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - Sorter/Puller in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at Amazon part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I like the hours, I get to be home with my kids all day and work here at night. THATS IT!

Cons

1. Management is horrible. They never talk to each other and they will tell you all different things. One will tell you to do something and the other will tell you to stop. They also blame you for dock errors, shipping errors, equipment errors, any error that is there fault you will be blamed. They do not care at all. It’s so frustrating. Also if you do not kiss there you know what, you are messed with even more. Where I work they have so many amazing employees that want to stay here but we’re all treated so bad that people quit every single day. Bad management to any company is cancer! It’s only a matter of time.

2. Pay is horrible, I would make more flipping burgers. But unfortunately burger places don’t have these hours. They raise the work load and leave the pay the same. $12.75 an hour. No raise in sight for anyone that has been there a year or more.

3. “Making rate” they expect you to make a rate of 185. But tell you to take your time, work at a “safe pace”, no rushing, no running, no boxes on the floor, one box at a time. Safety first!! When you don’t make rate they write you up, when asked why your not moving fast enough and you tell them I can only take one box at a time and safety, they blame you for being to slow. I was written up for not going fast enough, the manager informed me I would be retrained. I was “observed” by an ambassador, when she was done “observing” me she said you do everything you are suppose to do. “She said I don’t get why I’m doing this?” She then told me I need to stack boxes and put them at the end of the isle on the floor to get a fast rate, I said were not allowed to do that. She said “that’s true, that dang new rule” I said yeah. Then she told me to carry more than one box at a time, I again said not allowed. She agreed, she then said she will ask if I will be allowed to carry more than one box at a time. But I “passed” my retrain and had zero negative feed back. The thing with this place is, if you follow what they say you will fail, if you go against what they say you will succeed. They set you up for failure, they expect you to run around like a crazy person for 12.75 an hour for 5 straight hours with a 10min beak after 3 hours of intense very physical work. Sorry amazon you get what you pay for. You want people to work harder and faster pay better! This is the most physically demanding job I have ever had and it’s also the lowest paying job I have ever had. luckily I am a stay at home mom for now, who likes a little extra money in our home and also be at home with my babies during the day. So like I said the hours are perfect. I do not have to continue to work here, but a lot of people that need this job and there treated horribly until they just quit. No matter what the reason is for someone to work anywhere in this world. Everyone should be treated with respect and understanding.

4. The working contains are horrible, leaking roofs, puddles of water everywhere when it rains they put cat litter and powdered soap down to soap up water. Like what!? The insulation is failing from the ceiling. The bags we put boxes in are all broken and the metal part stabs you daily and rips holes in your clothing and scratches your skin, they have little to no janitorial service so the bathrooms are disgusting, people have broken there wrists, cut there heads open, fallen over boxes all to try, back problems, heat exhaustion, hurt feet from boxes dropping on them the list goes on and on and I have only worked here for 6 months and the reason people get hurt is because the people who need this job work really fast to try and make rate they get hurt.

5. Anyone who says working at amazon is a good job has not worked in a amazon warehouse. If you work in a plush office just stop talking. You have no idea what goes on in These warehouses. They have the highest turn over rate because of all these issues. How does upper management not see why so many people leave this place!

Advice to Management

Stop playing favorites, stop treating people like there scum, stop setting people up for failure, learn how to get all managers on the same page, stop acting like this business is black and white there is a huge gray area, fight for your employees, stop harassing your employees and just do better! It’s not hard to treat people good.

"Strict and uncaring"

Former Employee - Warehouse Worker in Sacramento, CA
    Former Employee - Warehouse Worker in Sacramento, CA

I worked at Amazon full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Decent workout PS4 air conditioning

Cons

Overbearing managers and unfair packaging situations

Advice to Management

Don’t be so strict and mistakes shouldn’t be covered by 800 packages

7. "Its an alright job."

Current Employee - Amazon Warehouse Worker in Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - Amazon Warehouse Worker in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at Amazon full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The benefits are so cheap and almost everyone in the warehouse is so nice. Some managers are cool and nice. Here in smf1, we are going to start a potluck every thursday because why not.

Cons

The bad part is that some managers are mean and they dont care about you. Also some people arent that nice, but tbh i really dont care about them.

Advice to Management

Some advice for the area managers, go check on your employees like every week or every other week, becuse we (well i) like it when you talk to us about our scores and tips on how to get faster. ( :

8. "Great"

Current Employee - Warehouse Associate in Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - Warehouse Associate in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at Amazon full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great company to work for

Cons

None off the top of my head

"Sortation Associate"

Former Employee - Sortation Associate in West Sacramento, CA
    Former Employee - Sortation Associate in West Sacramento, CA

I worked at Amazon part-time

Pros

Great co-workers. Everyone came from different backgrounds and it was nice to have conversation in between the fast-paced workload.

Cons

People are lazy. Not just co-workers, but ambassadors/supervisors. I guess it depends on what shift you are working. Some ambassadors are anal about people talking, while the other ones are actually talking to the workers and not doing their jobs. It must be a power trip.

Advice to Management

Step up and be what your title says. If things get too crazy, offer real help instead of walking away and ignoring the issues.

10. "Very low pay for so much job done or asked to meet the requirement numbers as makers, towers, picking."

I have been working at Amazon full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

New company that looks to have a great future shopping generation.

Cons

Goog workers won't last long as soon they find out the pay.

Advice to Management

It's great to treat equally but in work and knowledge experience is not fear to pay every single employe the same.

Showing 24 of 23,110 reviews