Amazon Sales Operations Manager Reviews | Glassdoor

Jeff Bezos
1 Rating

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "Work/life balance seems comparable to other places I've worked - not worse" (in 2447 reviews)

• "I have no work life balance issues" (in 508 reviews)

1. "Amazon is a great company to work"

Current Employee - Senior Sales Operations Manager in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Senior Sales Operations Manager in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Amazon full-time (More than a year)

Pros

1. Customer Obsessed
    2. Agile and Innovative Company
    3. Lots of Growth and New Product Capabilities
    3. Entrepreneurial (write up an idea and get approved, get headcount, deliver)
    4. Cross functional teams such as working with economist, data scientist, dev, analyst which in other companies you have different queues to get access to these types of resources

Cons

1. Very distributed makes it difficult to roll out big changes at scale. A good thing as changes are delivered in an agile way with approval from business owners.
    2. Be comfortable with people disagreeing or pushing back on ideas or taking time to get on board with a new idea based on data
    3. Due to big growth some of the internal tool and processes need some work. Get comfortable with we don't have the report yet but it is a top priority in our backlog but here is read only access to our DW have at it.

Advice to Management

Invest in standard infrastructure and tools to help scale and drive productivity but don't lose the innovative small team approaches.