Amazon Reviews in San Bernardino, CA | Glassdoor

Amazon Chairman, President, and CEO Jeff Bezos
Jeff Bezos

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "Work/life balance seems comparable to other places I've worked - not worse" (in 2287 reviews)

• "No work life - personal life balance" (in 472 reviews)

"Great Company"

I worked at Amazon full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Benefits, 40 hours, pay, supervisors are great, break room, overtime!!

Cons

constantly hearing employees complaining, long tiring hours,

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work, don't forget that warehouse jobs are physically draining and should give great opportunity for chiropractors or such to refresh employees. Just something. I personally love labor work but everyone needs a break.

2. "Shipping Clerk"

Former Employee - Shipping Clerk in San Bernardino, CA
    Former Employee - Shipping Clerk in San Bernardino, CA

I worked at Amazon full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Amazon when it first opened up was an amazing place to work, Management was friendly and everyone worked hard and together to get daily and weekly goals met while still having time to work on projects that would further improve the company hence why I'm giving them 2 stars instead of 1.

Cons

Over the years, things started to change. Managers began to practice heavy in favoritism and upper management began asking for more and more as they should in an ever growing company like Amazon. However, they would demand and no manager would ever show backbone(one of the company standards) and state that certain things where necessary before productivity increased. They would agree to increase the burden on their corresponding departments try to survive for a year or half because that's all they had to last before they were transferred or promoted, leaving the mess they left to lower management(process assistants, shipping clerks, even the oncoming area manager sent to replace them). I witnessed an entire department fall in my years there and become notorious. I showed backbone not because I was fighting back, but because I was passionate about my job and just wanted to see my department succeed. I don't believe a company can be evil, but my latter time at Amazon was some of the most frustrating and horrendous years of my life and it bothers me to this day still how people are treated in the building known as Ont2.

Advice to Management

Amazon is a huge company and work ethnics need to be improved. Please stop mistreating and bullying your employees.

3. "Not worth it."

Former Employee - Warehouse Associate in San Bernardino, CA

I worked at Amazon full-time (More than a year)

Pros

All the hours you could want.

Cons

Low pay for the rate you need to make.

"Great for staring career. Do not stay long"

Current Employee - Human Resources in San Bernardino, CA
    Current Employee - Human Resources in San Bernardino, CA

I have been working at Amazon full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good name for resume. Could be fun depending on your team. Decent pay with sign on bonus and company stock.

Cons

Amazon offered generous stock option, but required to be with them for 4 years. If you went out on leave (except maternity leave), stock will be put on hold. So it will take longer to earn those stock.
    Long hours. Start to work at 5 or 6 am and might not done until 6 or 7 pm (all salaries positions, including HR and any support staff). If you are salaried employee, prepare to work to death. Maybe even on day off. Most salaries employees work at least one day on the weekend. As HR, I have seen senior manager discuss with each other how some people doesn’t work long hour and doesn’t not want to check email on their day off. Those are the one will never be promoted, because they are not available all the times. This is not happened only during peak. I have tried to change this mind set from some senior manager. Unfortunately, hr doesn’t have much voice when decide who to promote. Not all senior manager are the same. However, 4 years with amazon, I only met 1 senior manager that truly care for his employees work life balance.
    Also if you have small children, this will not be the job for you. You will never have time for family. On top of that, pregnant women definitely won’t get a chance at promotion. Although amazon rolled out nee maternity leave, but taking full advance of the leave comes with consequences. I have seen a manager, who was 37 weeks pregnant, worked 14 hours a day. Go home and still answer email at 2 am. It’s not requirement to answer email at 2 am, but if she didn’t, she got a dirty look why it was not done. When she came back from maternity leave, she applied for the ramp back program which provided her with less work schedule (50 %of full-time schedule ). She was in that schedule for a week. She was a burden at the facility. The ramp back schedule just doesn’t work for salaried employee, who is on call 24/7. Again it was not a requirement that written down, but it was an unspoken expectation (especially if you want to be promoted). That was the amazon culture that I got used to. Being hourly employees were little better. Since most hourly employees need to clock in and out at the center, they were not expected to work at home or after they clocked out.
    There is none recognition for HR or salaried manager. We are expected to drive recognition, but get none. I have seen Regional Manager yelled and cursed at his teams during conference meetings, because they didn’t meet number. Regional HR manager was also in the meeting but could not do anything. Nothing happened to him. He might get a warning and got transferred to different region. Nothing changed.
    Corporate HR looked at field HR with different point of view. Very hard to move from field HR (working at the fulfillment center) to corporate hr. During one of my interview for a position at corporate, they mentioned to me that since I worked mostly in the field, I might not fit with corporate culture. So all my previous experiences working in corporate environment with different companies were gone. Not even being consider. The same person also made an expression that field hr was easier. I don’t think that person ever been in a fulfillment center. During a meeting between field hr and Employee Resource Center Manager, he was surprised when we mentioned that our center had 2000 employees. His comment: “you guys have 2000 employees at this place.” The meeting was done off side. Employee resource center worked either in corporate or in India. They answer employee questions via phone or tickets. They have no ideas about certain policies. Everything is refer to site HR. So pretty much useless.

Advice to Management

Fulfillment center is the core business for amazon. Focus on driving engagement that actually work. Set realistic goals. Not everything is a number.

5. "A great company to work for."

Former Employee - Order Picker in San Bernardino, CA
    Former Employee - Order Picker in San Bernardino, CA

I worked at Amazon part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I loved how they treated their employees.

Cons

On feet most of the time.

6. "Easy job to get"

Former Employee - Picker/Packer in San Bernardino, CA
    Former Employee - Picker/Packer in San Bernardino, CA

I worked at Amazon part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This job is easy to get and they will give you hours right away. Also you can sign up for extra shifts.

Cons

Have to be able to be flexible and work long hours. They can also change your shift schedule without warning and you must be able to work or else let go.

Advice to Management

Treat employees better and give them better training

7. "Hire anyone with a pulse"

Former Employee - Warehouse Associate in San Bernardino, CA

I worked at Amazon part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Benefits, flexibility, accommodation for school schedules.

Cons

Just another number, too many other employees who just do not care, lack of action on under achievers.

Advice to Management

Promote and recognize consistent top performers or you'll keep losing talent.

8. "Awesome"

Former Employee - Warehouse Worker in San Bernardino, CA
    Former Employee - Warehouse Worker in San Bernardino, CA

I worked at Amazon full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very easy to work with people. Like the involvement of all team work workers who lift you up to build ur confidence.

Cons

Just keeping up with the workers and not able to make my quarter is very disappointing but I like working for Amazon

""Being homeless is better than working for Amzn""

Former Employee - Warehouse Picker in San Bernardino, CA
    Former Employee - Warehouse Picker in San Bernardino, CA

I worked at Amazon full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

ERROR: UNABLE TO RETURN RESULTS AS THEY DON'T EXIST

Cons

This place will work you into the GROUND. I was written up 3 times in the 4 months I was here - my last writeup, before I left, was for getting a 99% RATE, I AM NOT KIDDING. They do not give a single **** about you as a human being, as a simple Google search will return countless results such as "Amazon employees collapse in heat," or "being homeless is better than working for Amazon," or, my favorite, "I Was A Warehouse Wage Slave." Amazon knows the people coming for jobs are as desperate as possible, which is why they can easily be any freshly graduated high schooler's first job - because you as a human don't matter, your productivity does. Also, the idea of "breaks" at Amazon are essentially non existent - you get 2 10-minute breaks, except, depending on where you are in the warehouse, you might need anywhere from 2-5 minutes JUST TO GET TO THE BREAK ROOM, and no, I don't mean both ways. Yes, I had had times where I left to break, only to find that I only had ONE MINUTE before I had to get back. Amazon is the sort of place that makes me laugh because they pretend to care so much, when, in reality, you either make rate or you get out. And in case you're wondering how difficult rate can be to make, let's just say you need to be sweating at all times or you're screwed. This is the most disgusting corporation I have ever seen. Yes, I would, quite literally, wager that Wal-Mart is better than working here. If you got an acceptance letter on your application and are sure you're going to work here, all I can possibly say is I wish you the best of luck - you WILL need it.

Advice to Management

Get help.

10. "Ambassador"

Current Employee - Ambassador in San Bernardino, CA
    Current Employee - Ambassador in San Bernardino, CA

I have been working at Amazon full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Hi every one I need to know the am are names for sna7 please.

Cons

Just need to know as mares associates
    Names.

Advice to Management

None

Showing 169 of 24,502 reviews