FilterSanta Clara, CA
I have been working at Amazon full-time (Less than a year)
* Culture - fellow Amazonians are genuinely interested to help you (and Amazon) succeed
* Processes - Amazon is best-in-class for inventing and instituting processes intended to optimize efficiency and reduce redundancy
* Leadership - Long-term strategic visionary CEO supported by strong staff of senior leaders
* Job mobility - once you are in, it's relatively easy to move around to different roles for continuous development and career advancement
* Work / Life balance - contrary to all the negative press from 2015 timeframe, it's actually quite a balanced workload (it's really up to the employee and manager to figure out what works fore you)
* Stock - if you are fortunate enough to get a role that offers RSUs, Amazon provides employees an opportunity to grow their wealth along with the company's stock price
* Personal Development - Amazon offers many avenues for personal development ranging from online courses to mentorships to rotational roles in new areas
* Salary is lower than peer companies however that gap is typically offset by total comp including sign-on bonus plus stock (if role is eligable)
* 401k match less generous than peer companies (Amazon matches $0.50 for every $1 of employee contribution up to a certain point)
* No charitable matching (Amazon does not match employee charitable donations)
* No sabbatical program
Advice to Management
* Keep up the inspirational leadership with long-term strategic thinking and innovative, swing for the fences risk-taking
* Recognize and reward the good work of standout employees - provide them with opportunities for increased responsibility
I worked at Amazon full-time (More than 3 years)
Great people to work with
Too much work at times
I have been working at Amazon as a contractor (Less than a year)
As long as you make the deliveries, guaranteed $20 pre-tax per hour even when there is a low volume of orders. There have been times that I had 1 order in a 2 hour block and was playing on my phone afterwards. You can choose your shift block for the week.
Overly ridged with shifts and a horrible GPS that will make you late. I don't understand meeting at the starting destination with 2 minutes left in my shift block. Sometimes the starting point is 15 miles away. Occasionally asked drivers to deliver far outside their covered location.
Advice to Management
Improve the GPS and loosen up on the ridged shift blocks.
This is a pretty fun company and job,very good for job starter
Sometimes it just a little bit bored due to not orders come in.
This will replace the current featured review for targeted profile. Are you sure you want to replace it?
Are you sure you want to remove this review from being featured for targeted profile?