Amazon Service Technician Reviews | Glassdoor

Found 4 reviews

3.9
Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos
Jeff Bezos
  1. "Be willing to accept a shift that is not conducive to much of a social life, however it is a good company to work for."

Current Employee - Facilities Service Technician in San Bernardino, CA

I have been working at Amazon full-time for more than a year

Pros

4-10s schedule, good opportunities to move around and for advancement for hard workers, learning opportunities, benefits

Cons

Lack of accountability, poor communications

Advice to Management

Without accountability and effective communications things will never run as well as they should.

Amazon2014-02-04
  2. "it's been interesting."

Current Employee - Service Technician II in Coffeyville, KS

I have been working at Amazon full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

What i have liked the most about working for amazon is, all the technology and mechanics i get to play with. In the facility i work in, we have so many different types of conveyance, it had given me a chance to learn pretty much everything there is to know about how the mechanics work. I had no prior experience coming in the door, i started in production packing, picking, ic/qa etc and was able to land a job in the maintenance...

Cons

At this facility is our pay, it is below what the area average is. Chances for promotions are minimal to non existant.

Advice to Management

There are a lot of politics that go with the job. the management is not that great. We get a few good ones here and there but most of the come here straight out of collage with a big head on their sholders. Its a game when it comes to management. Our facility is closing here in a couple months so i hope as managers transfer to other sites or companys, they are tought the true meaning of our core values and not using them...

Amazon2014-10-26

"Recognition is non-existent, as with compensation"

Current Employee - Facilities Service Technician in San Bernardino, CA

I have been working at Amazon full-time for more than a year

Pros

Schedule is a plus (4-10's) Company growth.

Cons

Management is amazingly inadequate and incompetent. HR privacy is non-existent. "Work Hard, Have Fun and Make History" should be re-written to read "Work Hard, Work Hard and Get Nothing" Compensation is minimum. Raises do not keep up with cost of living (if you get a raise).

Advice to Management

Appreciate the workers that make the business run.

Amazon2014-04-14

"easy work"

Current Employee - Service Technician in Manchester, England

I have been working at Amazon full-time for more than a year

Pros

working with good lads, good money for staying clean. potential to go far within a big company if you work hard

Cons

not always organized, managers not necessarily more clued up than the lads and (big company gig rules) hard to get answers over pay issues

Advice to Management

hire guys who know more than your engineers for senior roles, co-operate with your guys more about personal career development

Amazon2017-05-26