Amazon Reviews in Tampa, FL | Glassdoor

Amazon Chairman, President, and CEO Jeff Bezos
Jeff Bezos

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "Work/life balance seems comparable to other places I've worked - not worse" (in 2384 reviews)

• "I have no work life balance issues" (in 497 reviews)

1. "Love working here"

Current Employee - Customer Service Team Manager in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Customer Service Team Manager in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Amazon full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very flexible, work from home leadership position. Lots of communication and ability to engage. Wonderful culture and can do attitudes.

Cons

Difficult to advance, more people that are eligible for advancement than there are open positions. Roadblocks to the next level are abundant. Once one is overcome a new one is identified. Creates bad morale - stagnant performance when movement is desired, and there is no place to go.

Advice to Management

Continue to motivate and develop. Identify other roles that may also be good fits for leaders that could help drive development and career advancement.

2. "So far , so good"

Current Employee - Tier I Pick Ambassador/Amnesty Tech in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Tier I Pick Ambassador/Amnesty Tech in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Amazon full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I personally like picking on a station and not having to worry about anyone looking over my shoulder as long as I make rare. Nice people very motivational. Some jobs are tougher than others. And i was able to get amnesty tech spot. As far as how to get a non critical role. Stay away from vto, be on time, little tot , keep your rate and quality up and talk to your AM. Make it your goal to get to know everyone. Get to know ams from other teams make friends with current amnesty techs and let them be your biggest promoters. But you can’t forget the opertunity amazon also gives all associates for schooling etc

Cons

If you go negative upt you risk losing your job . Job rotation isn’t always able to be done.

Advice to Management

more team building. And if they’re gonna give 30 minute lunches they should provide a way to obtain a hot lunch even if we still have to pay for it.

3. "It’s okay"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Amazon part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Lucky if you have cool coworkers to pass the time

Cons

Not enough money for what you have to do physically

"Delivery Driver"

Current Employee - Delivery Driver in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Delivery Driver in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Amazon full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Four day work schedule, okay pay for flex and delivery service provider drivers.

Cons

Amazon's dictatorship like control over the job. You are outsourced and easily fired for anything. Again Amazon! Even-though you are not employed directly by Amazon, they have complete control of the job. You work at an Amazon hub, you wear Amazon uniforms, and by all means you are told what to do by Amazon. But! Amazon gets the added benefit of not actually having to employ you directly. The thing is though, Amazon still can easily fire you. Other cons? High turnover of drivers, using rental vans to deliver packages that can go flying once you hit the gas or brakes. The management of the delivery service provider will vary greatly depending on the company you actually work for. The hub I work at has three DSPs and flex drivers. Amazon will randomly change procedures or rules and in the process make the job worse than it was before.

Advice to Management

Maybe hire drivers directly.

"The Perfect Home"

Current Employee - CSA - Customer Service Associate in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - CSA - Customer Service Associate in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Amazon full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I'm a mother of 3 boys so my schedule is kinda hectic. But Amazon allows a flexible work schedule so I can make sure I am always available for my children.
    Amazon is my home away from home. If I'm not "Home with my children", I'm "Home with Amazon". I love the fun and interactive ways to help people whether its helping them find the perfect dress for that special night out, or helping someone who doesn't know how to shop online place their first order. Every day is a learning experience and I LOVE that!

Cons

You must have patience and people skills.

Advice to Management

A smile will always shine through, even on the phone. If you can't tell their smiling, then clouds are in their way!

"Depends on what you do..."

Current Employee - Associate in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Associate in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Amazon full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I love my co-workers. I work at a distribution center and the people I work with are great. The benefits are decent even as a tier 1 employee.

Cons

Favoritism is the driving force for advancement in the company. Management turnover is also very high. I have worked here for about 8 months and have had 4 managers on my team. 10 and a half hour days on your feet are exhausting so by the end of the week you're very tired.

Advice to Management

Don't play favorites.

7. "Packing,Data"

Former Employee - Data Entry Clerk in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Data Entry Clerk in Tampa, FL

I worked at Amazon full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Skill window Excel,Words,PowerPoint and Handlers,Forflift

Cons

I never see those :Cons" before

Advice to Management

Best

8. "Amazon"

Current Employee - IT Support Technician in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - IT Support Technician in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Amazon full-time (More than a year)

Pros

World wide opportunities if you are willing to evolve.

Cons

Salary is really low. Vacation and PTO are also low.

"Area Manager"

Current Employee - Area Manager in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Area Manager in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Amazon full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Really smart people, a lot of opportunity for growth, always encouraged to be innovative, think big, and create something new. Competitive salary and benefits with other major tech companies. 100% self motivating work environment. No dress code and 4 legged friends are welcome

Cons

You have to be self motivated. NO ONE will hold your hand and tell you that you're doing a great job. If you need constant affirmations from management, this company isn't for you.

Advice to Management

More on-boarding training before new employees are thrown in the fire. The first couple of weeks can be very confusing on where to find the information you need that pertains to your job.

10. "Area manager"

Former Employee - Area Manager in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Area Manager in Tampa, FL

I worked at Amazon full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The benefits, stock options, career advancement, innovation, ability to change your processes, located throughout the country and ability to relocate if you desire

Cons

Company is very political and the politics change in every building. The company owns you during the months of November and December. Don’t expect to do anything but eat sleep and work.

Showing 43 of 26,854 reviews