Amazon Reviews in Tempe, AZ | Glassdoor

Amazon Chairman, President, and CEO Jeff Bezos
Jeff Bezos

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "Work/life balance seems comparable to other places I've worked - not worse" (in 2384 reviews)

• "I have no work life balance issues" (in 497 reviews)

"Day one..... Everyday"

Current Employee - FC - Operations Associate in Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - FC - Operations Associate in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Amazon part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The environment. Work Hard, Have Fun, & Make History is more than words, it's a mantra that is upheld every minute of every day.

Cons

If your not good with a fast pace or change and just like status quo or decision by debate or deliberation this is not the place for you.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work

"Amazon it’s hard work but worth it!"

Current Employee - Transportation Specialist in Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Transportation Specialist in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Amazon full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good pay
    If identifying data trends is your talent then this is your place to be.
    Everyday is ‘Day one’ can be good or cumbersome it depends
    Your input as a employee is valuable
    Work life balance

Amazon has been that company I have admired the FC ‘make it happen’ teams.
    And I am apart of a company with great people.
    I love it here! Amazon truly invest and value their employees and it does matter if you’re super smart (which there’s a lot of them here, lol) or just a consistent hard worker.
    As a Amazonian your input is valued!
    Because it’s the coolest company on the planet! Keep up the good work Amazonians and let’s keep pushing the bar of excellence! #makinghistorywhilehavingfun!

Cons

Day one the cumbersome side. Workload constantly changing. So be prepared to work hard and efficiently.

Advice to Management

Work on bridging the communication gap and provide concrete metrics on teams overall performance (this is easier said than done) but it’s important for team members to identify what is required.

"The benefits are amazing! But dont read or see the inside of this book... its bad."

Former Employee - Investigations in Tempe, AZ
    Former Employee - Investigations in Tempe, AZ

I worked at Amazon full-time

Pros

The people are good. The benefits are good.

Cons

Alot:
    Unethical immoral processes
    No structure or organization
    Inequality for promotions
    Theres no interview process just a given for promotions for the wrong people
    Teachers pets
    The department ONLY cares about the business, dont be fooled into their trickery, and their mockery
    Dead end role
    Schedules are not flexible, no exceptions.... (i wont tolerate a environmental of such)
    Not growth opportunity
    They only demean you, dont ask or expect appraisals.
    They tell you to provide a type of support then afterwards expect a different one depending on your interaction with an”customer”- no expectations
    Not enough traveling opportunity
    We are forced into mandatory overtime
    Leadership does not recognize or utilize individuals with true strengths
    Legally- no set process, unable to do my job effectively and efficiently, not provided with those tools and resources to do my job
    Leadership does not take accountability or ownership for sexual harassment
    They switch schedules just to see who will quit.
    Numbers are #1
    This department will fail down the road, it maybe valuable for sellers but not for the associates themselves.
    Dont come to work with ideas, they dont care
    They tell you to find a new job
    Dont offer to go above and beyond for the team, it doesnt matter.
    This team like many other is based on favoritism and unethical values and politics.
    So, no i wouldn’t recommend anyone to this company.

Advice to Management

You cant give advice to management, its proven they don’t care.

4. "Tempe's NOC/ROC (AZA1)"

Current Employee - Transportation Analyst in Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Transportation Analyst in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Amazon full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great benefits.
    Lots of employee engagement. Lunches, activities, ways to provide positive feedback.
    Regular review cycle and pay increases.
    Lots of opportunities to transfer teams.

Cons

It's hard to figure out where certain issues belong. People come to you for help, but it isn't something you do, and you have no idea where to tell them to go.
    Lots of ambiguity in job scope. Documentation gets outdated quickly.
    It seems to be difficult to promote from L4 Hourly to L4 Salary.
    Every year there is a re-organization that changes which teams report where. It causes some confusion about what direction the cart is being pulled. A re-org caused a hiring freeze, when the positions were still very much needed.

5. "Excellent Company - Be Prepared To WORK Your Behind Off!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

I worked at Amazon full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Fast paced environment - minimal down time. It is "go, go, go!" in an extremely upbeat and team focused environment
    - Site, project, team, and personal goals and metrics are clearly explained what they are, how to achieve them, and how what areas we can work on to reach (and more often than not over achieve) those goals.
    - Performance reviews are on a weekly to bi-weekly bases to ensure all employees are achieving their personal goals as well as project, site and company goals
    - Management backs employee decisions. I really appreciated the ability to make more than snap decisions and really be able to dig into issues to resolve them without needing management approval. 100% of the time, as long as it wasn't infringing on my ability to do my primary job, management appreciated their employees working with other teams to help improve internal processes.
    - Communication between management, coworkers and other internal teams was some of the best I have personally ever encountered
    - Pay, benefits and schedules are second to none

Cons

- Metrics are focused a bit too much for my taste on the least controllable aspect of employee performance.

Advice to Management

I would only recommend a shift in focus of quality and performance reviews to areas that employees can actually control. Placing such an extreme focus on customer satisfaction surveys is dangerous in my opinion - employees stop following company policies simply to get a positive review as opposed to educating our customers why the policy is in place, how it helps them in the long run

6. "Amazing company"

Current Employee - Lead Analyst in Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Lead Analyst in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Amazon full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They take care of you. They do a lot for their employees. Plenty of opportunity to grow with the company.

Cons

The only thing I can think of that would be a con for this company is that if you don’t like to work 40 hrs then it won’t be good for you.

7. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Lead Specialist in Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Lead Specialist in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Amazon full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Unlimited Growth potential and an incredible culture in a corporate office

Cons

High stress and you never feel like you can get to everything that needs to be done

"Training Not a Strong Suit for Amazon"

Former Employee - Production Data Analyst in Tempe, AZ
    Former Employee - Production Data Analyst in Tempe, AZ

I worked at Amazon full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The Pros to Amazon are the Benefits that you get first day, VCP ,it's like extra money on your check for the building being productive and also that Entry Level associates can move up in Company (easier if willing to relocate).

Cons

The Cons to Amazon are the training program, the childlike management, the lack of care for associates, and a horrible work life balance. Training was the biggest issue during my time at Amazon. I experienced lack of training at every level (from temp to production data analyst) and would have to just figure it out to do my job effectively. Management is not the most useful when it comes to handling associate concerns. It may be because of the predominately young management that Amazon loves to employ. Turnover is High at Amazon. I am told the reason is because Amazon doesn't really like keeping employees for longer than two years and having to pay benefits out. From the inside looking out...I can see it.

Advice to Management

Management unfortunately also suffers from NOT being properly trained for their roles and are thrown into sink or swim situations all the time. Managers can also be childish and unprofessional. It's true that you can find this everywhere but its centrally located at Amazon, there are a lot of them in the company

9. "Great company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Amazon full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

You get an amazing amount of experience and to work with gifted individuals.

Cons

Work life balance can be stressed occasionally.

10. "National Operations Center (NOC)"

Current Employee - Outbound Transportation in Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Outbound Transportation in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Amazon full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great communication on training and great atmosphere in the work place.

Cons

No cons they work with you in all types of situations and help you resolve they do not just tell you do it this way or that way they walk you through the problem

Advice to Management

Keep it up

Showing 25 of 26,864 reviews