Amazon Reviews in Tempe, AZ | Glassdoor

3.9
Amazon Chairman, President, and CEO Jeff Bezos
Jeff Bezos

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Flexibility & Work/Life Balance" (in 607 reviews)

• "You will learn a lot in this place" (in 555 reviews)

Cons
  • "Work-life balance is tough sometimes" (in 2599 reviews)

• "I have no work life balance issues" (in 536 reviews)

1. "I love Amazon."

Current Employee - Seller Support Associate in Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Seller Support Associate in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Amazon full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The Culture is conducive to an employees growth. I have felt valued as an Employee and a person throughout my tenure with this wonderful company. Look forward to all the possibilities.

Cons

I honestly don't feel there are any cons.

Advice to Management

Keep it up.

2. "Great place to start a career"

I have been working at Amazon part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Great company culture
    -Department managers always solicit feedback & actually implements changes
    -Starting pay
    -Opportunity to advance is endless

Cons

-Process for transitioning to full time is uncertain
    -Flex scheduling means you are scrambling to get shifts before they are gone
    -Upper management doesn't seem concerned with helping people advance, it's almost like you need to figure it out on your own.

Advice to Management

Be clear on the pathway to becoming full time. Once full time, help us get to the right career path so we can grow and stay with Amazon life long. It really is a great company.

3. "FC Associate I"

Current Employee - FC Associate in Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - FC Associate in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Amazon part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Flexible schedule, easy to get hired, good minimum pay for all positions ($15/hr), casual work environment

Cons

Not enough hours for temporary employees

4. "Amazon inflate number of employees but less hours to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Amazon part-time

Pros

If lucky you can get maximum 14 hours a week to work

Cons

hiring extremely new employees reducing hours of work,

Advice to Management

CEO used Amazon employees to showing that company has a certain amount of employees, but in reality, is difficult to get working hours, higher number of new employees, versus less hours to work.

"Day one..... Everyday"

Current Employee - FC - Operations Associate in Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - FC - Operations Associate in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Amazon part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The environment. Work Hard, Have Fun, & Make History is more than words, it's a mantra that is upheld every minute of every day.

Cons

If your not good with a fast pace or change and just like status quo or decision by debate or deliberation this is not the place for you.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work

"Amazon it’s hard work but worth it!"

Current Employee - Transportation Specialist in Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Transportation Specialist in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Amazon full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good pay
    If identifying data trends is your talent then this is your place to be.
    Everyday is ‘Day one’ can be good or cumbersome it depends
    Your input as a employee is valuable
    Work life balance

Amazon has been that company I have admired the FC ‘make it happen’ teams.
    And I am apart of a company with great people.
    I love it here! Amazon truly invest and value their employees and it does matter if you’re super smart (which there’s a lot of them here, lol) or just a consistent hard worker.
    As a Amazonian your input is valued!
    Because it’s the coolest company on the planet! Keep up the good work Amazonians and let’s keep pushing the bar of excellence! #makinghistorywhilehavingfun!

Cons

Day one the cumbersome side. Workload constantly changing. So be prepared to work hard and efficiently.

Advice to Management

Work on bridging the communication gap and provide concrete metrics on teams overall performance (this is easier said than done) but it’s important for team members to identify what is required.

"DO NOT FALL FOR THIS ROLE..... !!! Its THE WORST!"

Current Employee - Account Health Support in Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Account Health Support in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Amazon full-time

Pros

Benefits
    1 hour lunch
    Community involvement
    Employee outtings

Cons

Everything!
    - the worse team in my history of employment
    - no internal process they practically make everyone up as they go ad leadership cant even get the job right or the policies or the rules.
    - sexual harrassment and physical threat policy violations are ignored
    - personal life families school second jobs arent taken into consideration at all. They dont care
    - ALOT of legal issues, making you do things that can be against moral values ethics the law against religion
    - they constantly tell you to find a new job which currently they work on mass firing and giving anyone a reason for write ups with no legal proof
    - no structure
    -promotions are based on favoritism
    - dead end role
    - no growth opportunities
    - they demean you no praise you
    - they care about numbers bot about you as a person
    - NO accountability in leaderships role, they place blame on everyone right below them.
    - they dont practice or preach their own leadership principles
    - dont go above and beyond for leadership they take full advantage of you in every way possible without promotions
    - there are no legal tools and resources for you to effectively do your job and the quality auditing process is horrific then there is no accountability within leadership
    - nooooo consistency!
    - they will place blame of the team environment on the seniors before taking it for themselves
    - everyone wants to quit this teams creation and outcome is the exact opposite
    - the upskills are garbage, they dont offer tools resources or enough training to help you do anything right, you are taught to get out there and fail, in every way including the quality audits
    - dont fall for their tricks, they dont care what you have to say about anything. You have NO voice, you have no influence, no cares in the world are given by leadership in regards to anything. So good luck to the rest of the fools that apply for this role.

Advice to Management

None. The worst department ive ever worked for and you wonder why so many people cant stand amazon... the leadership thats hired only get where they are by being a pet.

8. "Tempe's NOC/ROC (AZA1)"

Current Employee - Transportation Analyst in Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Transportation Analyst in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Amazon full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great benefits.
    Lots of employee engagement. Lunches, activities, ways to provide positive feedback.
    Regular review cycle and pay increases.
    Lots of opportunities to transfer teams.

Cons

It's hard to figure out where certain issues belong. People come to you for help, but it isn't something you do, and you have no idea where to tell them to go.
    Lots of ambiguity in job scope. Documentation gets outdated quickly.
    It seems to be difficult to promote from L4 Hourly to L4 Salary.
    Every year there is a re-organization that changes which teams report where. It causes some confusion about what direction the cart is being pulled. A re-org caused a hiring freeze, when the positions were still very much needed.

9. "Excellent Company - Be Prepared To WORK Your Behind Off!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

I worked at Amazon full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Fast paced environment - minimal down time. It is "go, go, go!" in an extremely upbeat and team focused environment
    - Site, project, team, and personal goals and metrics are clearly explained what they are, how to achieve them, and how what areas we can work on to reach (and more often than not over achieve) those goals.
    - Performance reviews are on a weekly to bi-weekly bases to ensure all employees are achieving their personal goals as well as project, site and company goals
    - Management backs employee decisions. I really appreciated the ability to make more than snap decisions and really be able to dig into issues to resolve them without needing management approval. 100% of the time, as long as it wasn't infringing on my ability to do my primary job, management appreciated their employees working with other teams to help improve internal processes.
    - Communication between management, coworkers and other internal teams was some of the best I have personally ever encountered
    - Pay, benefits and schedules are second to none

Cons

- Metrics are focused a bit too much for my taste on the least controllable aspect of employee performance.

Advice to Management

I would only recommend a shift in focus of quality and performance reviews to areas that employees can actually control. Placing such an extreme focus on customer satisfaction surveys is dangerous in my opinion - employees stop following company policies simply to get a positive review as opposed to educating our customers why the policy is in place, how it helps them in the long run

10. "Amazing company"

Current Employee - Lead Analyst in Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Lead Analyst in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Amazon full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They take care of you. They do a lot for their employees. Plenty of opportunity to grow with the company.

Cons

The only thing I can think of that would be a con for this company is that if you don’t like to work 40 hrs then it won’t be good for you.

Showing 29 of 30,363 reviews