Amazon Reviews in Trenton, NJ | Glassdoor

2.8
Amazon Chairman, President, and CEO Jeff Bezos
Jeff Bezos

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Flexibility & Work/Life Balance" (in 607 reviews)

• "You will learn a lot in this place" (in 555 reviews)

Cons
  • "Work-life balance is tough sometimes" (in 2599 reviews)

• "I have no work life balance issues" (in 536 reviews)

1. "Good job"

Current Employee - Sortation Associate in Robbinsville, NJ
    Current Employee - Sortation Associate in Robbinsville, NJ

I have been working at Amazon full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Benefits, Schedule, Time off, 4 day work week

Cons

None- it's a job where they expect you to work

Advice to Management

hourly pay could be better

"Robotic Maintenance Technician"

Former Employee - Robotic Maintenance Technician in Robbinsville, NJ
    Former Employee - Robotic Maintenance Technician in Robbinsville, NJ

I worked at Amazon full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Abundance of over time

Cons

Management will not assist Technician on the floor, they all sat in their office even if help was required of them. They will look for any reason to fire top maintenance technicians

Advice to Management

Have the managers assist the technician on floor as needed so the daily operation can run smoothly

"Treats employees like trash"

Former Employee - Warehouse Associate in Robbinsville, NJ
    Former Employee - Warehouse Associate in Robbinsville, NJ

I worked at Amazon full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Coworkers were amazing and very helpful.

Cons

They use their employees for holidays then fire them over what they call rate!

Advice to Management

Hire Managers that actually have experience and work. All they do is stand around and write people up.

4. "my time here"

Former Employee - FC Associate in Trenton, NJ
    Former Employee - FC Associate in Trenton, NJ

I worked at Amazon full-time (More than a year)

Pros

akways busy so sometimes day goes fast

Cons

tedious work, boring work but u cant space out

Advice to Management

get a sense of humor really

5. "Unorganized, unhelpful, and rude. Do not work here. Do not fall for their “Same Day Hire” offers."

Former Employee - Warehouse Worker in Robbinsville, NJ
    Former Employee - Warehouse Worker in Robbinsville, NJ

I worked at Amazon part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Honestly, I’m not even sure if there is a pro. I guess that some of the people were nice at first? And it seemed easy to do. If you don’t have any physical problems, it should be a fine place to work.

Cons

I don’t know where to start. There is the lack of organization, the laziness to fix their problems, favoritism, and the ability to not work with their employees.

My main issue in the warehouse was they (or should I say their “random generator”) would put me in inbound and have me unload the trucks. Now, I have requested to maybe have me go else where to easier sections of the warehouse because I have rheumatoid arthritis and dermatomyositis (which I wasn’t exactly warned what this job entailed until I was actually started working there). But each time I requested, I got some excuse as to why I could not be accommodated- it’s a “random” system that places me there, I need to get papers signed by my doctor (which I get but it takes months to get an appointment where I go), or the “we can’t to anything about it because this is a physical job”. And I’m not stupid. I think I know by day 1 it’s a physical job. But I, a lack of muscle aching small person, was unloading trucks with the muscle men while the middle aged moms and other girls got less heavier things like small sort or sort slide. I never, if not rarely, was ever put into those sections.

Next, I’d like to point out the lack of training + throwing people all over the warehouse doing different jobs. I get it, moving people around makes it so it’s not boring. But put people in places where they were trained to work. We get new confused people in a different sections and then yelled at because everyone is going slow. Yeah, it’s because no one knows what they are doing or they have to fix what someone else messed up

Next, is communication with team members. I’ve been thrown back and forth between Safety and HR and both people have given me different responses to a problem and get mad at me for being confused.

Then the organization of the ENTIRE company is a joke, you only get health benefits for working full time but they mostly hire part time, they don’t explain any of the rules and when you “break” a rule they rudely scold you, and to try and seem like a “good company” they get stupid stuff like a basket ball game set up in the work area (not the break room) or “treat” people to some food in the break room. Or have “cool” prizes. Just stop. Help people with important things first like more pay or health coverage. Then you can go and play games.

Also, I got the job in a separate state. Once I got a notification that a place was opening closer to me, I requested to be transferred or to maybe work on getting me to a closer location. But all I got was “well, you can quit here, do the whole process to get hired again, and reapply there.” Which it shouldn’t be hard to transfer a current employee.

Finally, I had enough and resigned. I thought I was done with amazon, but boy was I wrong. I still, to this day, get annoying spam messages and emails about VET opportunities or how I have unpaid time off used when I literally signed a sheet to resign my position, handed it to HR, and handed in my badge over a month ago. I do not work there anymore. I can’t even get in the building to complain. And I’ve messaged the company a couple days ago, no action was made. I can’t into the A to Z page to stop the messages. So I’m constantly reminded of the annoyance of ever being apart of amazon.

I really tired to stay there. I tried to work things out with amazon, but they don’t care, they never cared, and they will never care about any of their employees. Not even the packages are cared for. Most of the employees throw the packages on the belts so “we can move faster” in the 3 hour shift they decided to have instead of the normal 4 hour shift.

I’ve had a HORRIBLE experience working with amazon.

Advice to Management

Get it together please and actually listen and help your employees. Also, if you don’t want people with disabilities (like myself) working there, actually tell us what the job description is instead of making everything sound nice and fun on your “same day hire” events. And stop pretending to care and actually care! Once I started working at amazon, I realized how fake everyone was when they said amazon was a fun, caring company to its employees.

6. "Biggest waste of time"

Current Employee - AA(Amazon Associate) in Robbinsville, NJ
    Current Employee - AA(Amazon Associate) in Robbinsville, NJ

I have been working at Amazon full-time (More than a year)

Pros

cafateria
    took managment over a year to install fans so now its not 100 degress on 4th floor

Cons

training was horrible
    written up on my 5th day
    management lies consistantly
    employees tell you real day-day life

Advice to Management

just all qui, please for the love of god all quit

"ICQA"

Current Employee - ICQA in Robbinsville, NJ
    Current Employee - ICQA in Robbinsville, NJ

I have been working at Amazon full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great pay and benefits 401K

Cons

Poor management, expectations, and hours

Advice to Management

Treat employees like people not robots

8. "Know What You're In For"

Current Employee - Stower in Robbinsville, NJ
    Current Employee - Stower in Robbinsville, NJ

I have been working at Amazon full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Benefits from Day 1, Four day work week, Work a schedule that fits your lifestyle, A lot of opportunity to grow, Online employee hub that makes everyone's life easier

Cons

On your feet/being active for 9 and a half hours a day, soreness and aches, many zero tolerance rules, a lack of personal connections with both co-workers and direct reports.

"You are an expendable resource making a dime off Bezo's dollar profits while physically breaking yourself."

Former Employee - Outbound Associate/Rebin in Robbinsville, NJ
    Former Employee - Outbound Associate/Rebin in Robbinsville, NJ

I worked at Amazon full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Benefits, competitive entry level pay, location

Cons

Unrealistic metric goals, false sincerity from everyone in upper management to human resource, labor intensive, expendable associate culture, indoctrination of customer obsession, non supportive enviroment. Orthopedic nightmare from tasks without ergonomic support.

Advice to Management

Stop promoting based off favoritism, listen to your associates concerns and recognize that they are the backbone of the entire operation and are what retains your consumer base. Keep passing promising employees over and you will lose more than just an associate for we are customers with families as well.

10. "Great Place"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Robbinsville, NJ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Robbinsville, NJ

I have been working at Amazon full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Not as bad like people say

Cons

It is physical and time passes

Showing 101 of 30,344 reviews