Amazon Reviews in Wilmington, NC | Glassdoor

3.3
Amazon Chairman, President, and CEO Jeff Bezos
Jeff Bezos

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Flexibility & Work/Life Balance" (in 590 reviews)

• "You will learn a lot from each of your team members as they are equally bright & capable" (in 542 reviews)

Cons
  • "Can be hard to build work life balance" (in 2557 reviews)

• "I have no work life balance issues" (in 528 reviews)

1. "Hands Down Best Company - We Have the Best"

Current Employee - VCS CSNA Retail KTR D2 Echo in Wilmington, NC
    Current Employee - VCS CSNA Retail KTR D2 Echo in Wilmington, NC

I have been working at Amazon full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexibility in work arrangements. Opportunity for personal career growth and development. Learning options are limitless. Work culture and environment fosters global engagement and fun place to work. Striving for company improvement is achieved by using the employee to provide feedback and process improvements. Provides individual contribution and ownership accounting for a general sense of pride in the work done, with additional recognition to continue the motivation!

Cons

I have no negative feedback on my employment experience at this time!

Advice to Management

Decrease in overtime availability impacts me in comparison to last year. Also extra benefits seemed to be within the Seattle Area and we have agents in other states that might like some of those numerous extra benefit offerings! ;-)

2. "BEWARE OF UNEDUCATED MANAGERS"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Wilmington, NC
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Wilmington, NC

I have been working at Amazon full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Benefits, Work-Life Balance, Paid Holidays

Cons

Management, Flexibility, Unprofessional, Unorganized,

Advice to Management

Treat your employees with more respect. Communication is key to ensure everyone is on the same page. Please also don’t just promote managers just because they have a college degree. I’ve seen some of the worst managers in my life work for Amazon. If you don’t have a good environment for employees to work in this will be one of the downfalls to this company. Offer better training and direction. Stop playing favorites amoung coworkers. It’s extremely bad in my department SWA (Shipping with Amazon) UK. Hopefully the American side have better managers. If you don’t treat your employees right continue to expect huge turn over rates.

"Virtual Customer Service for Amazon.com"

Former Contractor - Virtual Customer Service Representative in Wilmington, NC
    Former Contractor - Virtual Customer Service Representative in Wilmington, NC

I worked at Amazon as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Work from home and be your own boss for the most part

Cons

Training for a month, hard to get a hold of management, flexibility if you have kids with health issues.

Advice to Management

Need to have better trained managers and more leniencey when it comes to sick leave

Showing 3 of 29,544 reviews