Amazon Work From Home Reviews | Glassdoor

3.1
Amazon Chairman, President, and CEO Jeff Bezos
Jeff Bezos

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Flexibility & Work/Life Balance" (in 607 reviews)

• "You will learn a lot in this place" (in 555 reviews)

Cons
  • "Work-life balance is tough sometimes" (in 2599 reviews)

• "I have no work life balance issues" (in 536 reviews)

"CSA work from home"

Current Employee - CSA Work From Home in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - CSA Work From Home in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Amazon part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Working from home. Flexible Schedule. Great Management. Support is always there and questions are always answered.

Cons

None that I can think of.

Advice to Management

Your doing Awesome!

2. "Great because of pick your own schedule"

Former Employee - Work From Home in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Work From Home in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Amazon part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

That was the best perk

Cons

They expect a lot out of you.

"Misrepresented the job i applied for"

Former Employee - Work From Home Customer Service Representative in Baton Rouge, LA

I worked at Amazon full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great manager
    good benefits
    supplied equipment

Cons

had to talk to delivery drivers some of which who were foreign and were hard to understand.
    did not tell us we would not be doing customer support until we were in training.
    Long hours.

Advice to Management

Make the job descriptions more descriptive for potential employees so we know exactly what we are applying for. if its not a customer support position put that in the job description.

"Lack of Trainng"

Former Employee - Work From Home Customer Service Representative in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Work From Home Customer Service Representative in Tampa, FL

I worked at Amazon full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Work from home. Equipment is provided. Supportive manager. Friendly & positive team environment.

Cons

Sink-or-Swim style of training New Hires. Training is not realistic. Does not prepare trainee for live phone calls. After two weeks of watching slides and videos remotely from home, trainee goes live with customers. Easy enough to take calls, but obtaining information to address the myriad of situations arising in calls is impossible. While customer is on-hold, trainee is expected to navigate to an online "Knowledge Center" ("KC") which is essentially a bunch of encyclopedic paragraphs in very, very small fine-print. These are not specific enough for the trainee to know exactly what step to take to assist the customer. There is much pressure to handle the call quickly, which makes sense, but is difficult if trainee does not know what to do. There is no one or no where to reach out for help. Inquiries for assistance from trainers result in the response, "look it up in the KC". Sink-or-Swim environment. Computer provided causes eyestrain due to the tiny print which cannot be enlarged or adjusted, and harsh on-screen lighting. Instructions and guidelines cannot be printed out, hence trainee must rely upon memory and hand-written notes while working. Manager is supportive but hands tied by their own chain-of-command. Manager's bosses clandestinely monitor trainee's calls and then complain to manager about the trainee's shortcomings. Manager then has to counsel trainee about performance defects. Overall a stressful, uncomfortable way to spend an 8-12 hour shift at home.

Advice to Management

Provide trainee with more accessible, specific information to take customer calls. Instructions should be printable so employee does not have to reply upon notes and memory. Provided computer needs to have more modern features: Zoom options, better lighting to avoid eyestrain. Get away from the "Sink-or-Swim" style of training the new hires.

"Best job I ever had"

Former Employee - Work From Home Customer Service Associate- Reserves Program in Vancouver, WA

I worked at Amazon (More than a year)

Pros

-flexible scheduling
    -work from home
    -paid training
    -work as much or little as you'd like
    -good side job for extra income or if you are a stay at home parent like me and want to earn some money for yourself.

Cons

None that I can think of. I loved my job. I had to put in my two weeks due to moving and could not get the same internet speeds required to do my job.

Advice to Management

No advice, I had an amazing experience being an employee for Amazon. I was always treated amazing by management.

"Amazon Work from Home review"

Current Employee - Seasonal Work From Home Customer Service
    Current Employee - Seasonal Work From Home Customer Service

I have been working at Amazon full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Easy application and hiring process

Cons

We were not trained properly. We watched 5 videos about amazon with no hands on training, then we were put on the phone with live customers. They did not care that we had no idea what we were doing or talking about. This honestly made me look at amazon differently. When I buy things from amazon, and call customer service, I now know that whoever is on the other end of the phone just might not have any idea what they are talking about. And that’s okay with management. This is not how I viewed Amazon before I started working here.

Advice to Management

You are a huge company. Train your employees properly.

"In training"

Current Employee - Work From Home Customer Service Representative in Acworth, GA

I have been working at Amazon full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I love my managers and co workers . I work from home so its all the more fun.

Cons

Training is not very hands on .

Advice to Management

Modules for training is not very acceptable . Hands on training needs to be a bigger percentage .

"Work from home Customer Service Rep"

Former Employee - Work From Home Customer Service Representative in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Work From Home Customer Service Representative in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Amazon full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Working from home
    Bonus checks
    Giftcards for doing a great job

Cons

Breaks were short
    Foreign call center reps would transfer the call to US reps just because they didn't want to deal with the customer.

Advice to Management

Give us more lead way so we won't have to escalate so much.

"I'd recommend working for Amazon"

Current Employee - Work From Home Customer Service Representative in Bainbridge, GA

I have been working at Amazon full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I loved the people I worked eith, it felt like a family. My manager was very involved and if I was having a hard time he'd help me find another solution.

Cons

You take call after call with no real break in between calls, sometimes when you have to transfer a customer over the receiving agent won't accept the transfer.

Advice to Management

None really.

"Good Idea"

Current Employee - Work From Home Customer Service Representative in Orlando, FL

Pros

A lot of money saved by working from home. Chance to move upwards within Amazon. The opportunity to become a blue badge employee.

Cons

The strict attendance policy and Unpaid time policy needs to be relaxed a bit. I would offer better benefits to seasonal FT employees.

Advice to Management

Look into relaxing Unpaid Time and attendance to accommodate outages that are out of ones control.