Ambition Reviews in London, England | Glassdoor

London, England (UK)

5.0
Ambition CEO Nick Waterworth
Nick Waterworth

1. "Can't imagine working anywhere else!"

I have been working at Ambition full-time

Pros

Ambition really cares about its employees and strives to keep us happy and positive at every step. The culture is flawless - professional, friendly and hardworking; the work-hard play-hard attitude totally applies. Support is available whenever it is needed and really makes a high pressured and deadline heavy job hugely enjoyable and rewarding. Not only are there great opportunities for progression, fresh graduates that are new to recruitment receive in depth training, tailored to their specific strengths and weaknesses.

Cons

Compared to other office jobs it could be said that the hours are longer than other companies. However, more often than not people are either coming in earlier or leaving later than these times anyway. You need self-motivation in this job and you get out what you put in. It's completely in your hands to how committed you are.

Advice to Management

There really isn't anything negative for me to say to management. As far as advice goes I would say keep doing what you're doing because I feel completely in the loop with the company and know that I could approach any member of management with a potential issue.

2. "Great company culture"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Ambition full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Less salesy than a lot of recruitment agencies
    Lots of fun internal events and socials organised on a regular basis
    Given the autonomy to build your own desk and take charge of career development
    Great senior management team who are approachable, down to earth and supportive

Cons

It's up to you to make your career progression happen - they have training programs in place but you need to be proactive about it. However if you are good at what you do you can move up the ladder pretty quickly.

Ambition Response

Apr 10, 2017 – Group Marketing Director

Apologies for the delay in acknowledging your review. Thank you for your honest feedback. With regards to your feedback on career progression, we will certainly make sure this is passed on to our ... More

3. "Fantastic company, supportive, friendly, honest"

I have been working at Ambition full-time

Pros

Everyone is very honest and upfront. Very straightforward place to work. High integrity amongst consultants. Encouraged to develop individual styles. Good perks, international offices, nice people.

Cons

Not the most competitive culture.