Amdocs Reviews | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Amdocs President, CEO, and Director Eli Gelman
Eli Gelman

Cons

"Working for Amdocs from US perspective"

Current Employee - Business Operations PMO in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Business Operations PMO in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Amdocs full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Flexible work schedule is about the only Pro I can think of.

Cons

No work life balance. If you enjoy sitting and working 12 hours a day, then you will enjoy this company. Management does not value knowledge, they are driving the work force to India. Yearly increases and bonus are about every 3rd year.

Advice to Management

Yearly increase and a bonus should go to everyone that contributes or no one, going to a selective few makes for an unhappy work culture. I wish management valued their US work force.

2. "Worst Work Environment Ever"

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
    Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I worked at Amdocs as a contractor

Pros

Good End Client, and can learn lot of stuff if you are ready to work 24x7

Cons

No professionalism what so ever.
    no pay for extra work and you would have to work off hours, support etc.
    Shady contract deals
    Only work here if you absolutely have to and there is no other choice.

"Run Quickly in the other direction"

Current Employee - Executive Assistant in Jersey City, NJ
    Current Employee - Executive Assistant in Jersey City, NJ

Pros

There are no pros to working here this place is a garbage

Cons

Unless you are a Jewish male this is not the place for you. There are no opportunities for advancement, blacks and other minorities are all but forgotten. There are no blacks in any senior management positions and you could probably count on your fingers how many blacks there are in the company over all. Woman do not fair any better as there is one woman in a senior management position and women are always the first to go.
    Raises and bonus' are given to the males of the company first and then whatever is left over is distributed to those lower on the food chain. You may average a 1% raise if you are lucky and a $2000 bonus which is double taxed so you will end up with nothing.
    If you are thinking about working for Amdocs run quickly in the other direction..

"Dead End!"

Current Employee - Systems Architect in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Systems Architect in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Amdocs full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

benefits, flexible hours, free lunch annually

Cons

In US, many layoffs, very few raises or bonuses, horrible morale, lied to frequently, no advancement. This is an Israel based company, and they do not care for their US based employees as well as they do their Israeli and Indian employees. Many of us were transitioned from AT&T and Amdocs seems resentful of us. They do not care about how many hours we need to work to satisfy their unreasonable commitments.

Advice to Management

how about giving everyone raises that deserve them? Don't be so secretive about how you determine who gets raises; let us know what our salary 'bands' are. Stand up to AT&T when they are being unreasonable.

"Project Manager as Contractor into AT & T"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Amdocs (More than 3 years)

Pros

ZERO !!!!

Worked our team 350 - 700 hours OT every year for 3 years
    They have you work five different jobs rolled into one ( my job description placed me at 4X what I was being paid )
    You can never do enough and was always asked by a supervisor to give more while he went to the golf course or out to eat lunch

Tons of Back stabbing

Cons

Kept you on multiple tasks and then would pull you off and expect you to drop what was MAJOR IMPORTANCE to run down another rabbit hole on another MAJOR IMPORTANT PROJECT and then raise hell because you had not finished the first fire ....
         Everyone continuously felt like they were about to lose their jobs. They manage by intimidation.
         I was told when time for my bonus that since I had been so independent in my work that I had never had to have a permanent supervisor assigned to me; however because of my no need for supervision they had no eval to base my bonus on......... SERIOUSLY

Had to leave the work field due to family illness. I left on what I believed to be very good terms. Did not go to Dept of Labor to report their illegal behavior due to the fact that I wanted to be able to re enter the work field without any adversities.
         During my employment I had clients requesting me continuously and was constantly being commended for my team building abilities.
         Whenever there was a fire because the project was in the weeds; they would pull me over to get project settled in order to meet the launch date.
         TO MY GREATEST SURPRISE..... when going to re enter work field and beginning to reconnect with old colleges that wanted me back on their team; we were told that my file had been stamped with NO RE HIRE !!! According to my last evaluation ( WHAT EVALUATION ); I had a horrible evaluation from both clients and upper management.
         If you want to invests years holding your breath, wondering if you are going to be let go for no reason, worked to death with zero accolades. have the clients begging for you, invest unpaid hours to put out fires that extremely unprofessional poor upper management that spends their time out on the golf course or on their three week vacation....... this is the job for you !!!

Advice to Management

If there were a zero; it would have been ZERO across the board. Quit slitting peoples throats in the workplace and drinking the Kool Aid. Stop allowing elitist upper management to kill off the work force. Sad thing is people died while I was there from stroke, heart attacks and some had nervous break downs. No big deal......AMDOCS had someone else there pronto; of course some idiot that YAY HAD A PMP CERTIFICATE and no Experience.

"Software Engineer"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Morgan Hill, CA
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Morgan Hill, CA

I worked at Amdocs (Less than a year)

Pros

There are no upsides to working for these people.

Cons

I had never seen a company that treated its employees as bad as this one. They would do things to people that would take your breath away. I worked at the Champaign location. A coworker had a heart attack and had a quadruple bypass surgery. They made that man come in five days later to fill out his insurance forms online at the office. Took him hours. He incisions in every arm and leg from the doctors harvesting veins for his heart.

I was let go after I had to attend a family emergency. I didn't really care I has fed up with the place and its management in any case. Management doesn't know its products, the code is a hair ball.

Advice to Management

None

8. "Horrible management, dont take care of it's employees"

Former Employee - Support Manager in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Support Manager in Philadelphia, PA

Pros

the pay salary was good

Cons

No advancements, no senior management guidence

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees

9. "Amdocs review"

Current Employee - Senior Software Developer/Team Lead in Chesterfield, MO
    Current Employee - Senior Software Developer/Team Lead in Chesterfield, MO

I have been working at Amdocs full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Amdocs does offer exceptional medical benefits to its employees although the dental and vision benefits are not nearly as extensive.

Cons

Amdocs does not treat their employees well. They have instituted a ticketing system for their IT maintenance personnel which is demeaning at best.

10. "Senior Analyst"

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Saint Louis, MO
    Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Amdocs as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Pay was ok before your team is cut down to the point where you may as well be working 2 - 40hr / week jobs.

Cons

Your stateside team will be arbitrarily whittled away by a certain percent every quarter until you are down to a skeleton crew stateside and useless offshore resources

Overtime will be chronic

Advice to Management

Try to grasp the concept that you can not get anything useful out of off shore software development resources that have a monthly turnover when it takes 3-6 months to get someone up to speed stateside.

"Consulting manager"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Pros

They have a strong relationships with at&t

Cons

Israeli mentality... Speaking Hebrew is a major con if you can't

Showing 144 of 2,504 reviews