Amdocs Reviews | Glassdoor

2,489 reviews

Full-time Part-time

2,489 Employee Reviews

Cons

1. "Technical and Business Operations Agent"

Former Employee - Technical and Business Operations Agent in Champaign, IL
    Former Employee - Technical and Business Operations Agent in Champaign, IL

Pros

Great group of people, lots of internal support. Good work-life balance.

Cons

Intern projects might've had a bit more structure.

"Middleware/integration"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Pros

Good vision by the company management, nice work culture,
    transparency in roles and responsibilities
    Management listen to your voice
    lot of opportunities to grow and travel

Cons

offshore onsite model,
    salary and other benefits like bonus.stocks

Advice to Management

keep the work going,

3. "Manager LINUX administration"

Current Employee - Manager LINUX Administration in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Manager LINUX Administration in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Amdocs full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great global company with many opportunities in multiple accounts

Cons

International Company based in Israel

5. "Good Company!!!"

Current Employee - Solutions Architect in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Solutions Architect in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Amdocs full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Good Employee and management relationship, and work freedom.

Cons

Uncertainty in the work and projects, sometimes the work-life balance is not good.

Advice to Management

Overall it is a nice company

"DIRECTOR CONSULTING"

Former Employee - Consulting Director in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Consulting Director in New York, NY

Pros

Leader in BSS OSS Telecom Software

Cons

Too much dependency on Israel management decisions

"Used to be a Great Company"

Current Employee - Group Leader in Richardson, TX
    Current Employee - Group Leader in Richardson, TX

I have been working at Amdocs full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Flexible Work Hours, Good Health Insurance Coverage

Cons

Scope of Growth is limited, Annual Salary hikes are nothing but a farce. Annual Bonus payout for above average performance is not even half of one month's take-home salary. Employee Recognition, Benefits are on steep decline. When HR is being asked about providing Salary Hikes and Benefits - the HR Team's Focal Point responded:
    - Who is dying ? (10+ Year loyal employees seldom complain).
    - What's your attrition rate ? (Most employees from Overseas are stuck due to VISA status)

Advice to Management

Please be sensitive to employees also rather than paying attention only to Dividend Payouts/Shareholders/Board of Trustees. Employees might be just a cog in the wheel, but without that cog, the wheel will not rotate.

"Too good and too bad - extreme"

Former Employee - Senior Subject Matter Expert-infrastructure in West Chicago, IL

I worked at Amdocs full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Pay is good, benefit is good, team is good , most manager understanding

Cons

Culture is bad, lots of hours and changes are coming in slowly, do not remove or move ppl who are not working

Advice to Management

Need to start laying off people who don't work

"Dead End!"

Current Employee - Systems Architect in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Systems Architect in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Amdocs full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

benefits, flexible hours, free lunch annually

Cons

In US, many layoffs, very few raises or bonuses, horrible morale, lied to frequently, no advancement. This is an Israel based company, and they do not care for their US based employees as well as they do their Israeli and Indian employees. Many of us were transitioned from AT&T and Amdocs seems resentful of us. They do not care about how many hours we need to work to satisfy their unreasonable commitments.

Advice to Management

how about giving everyone raises that deserve them? Don't be so secretive about how you determine who gets raises; let us know what our salary 'bands' are. Stand up to AT&T when they are being unreasonable.

10. "Good place to work at"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Amdocs (More than 10 years)

Pros

Interesting and engaging projects, high quality people, opportunities to travel, opportunity for growth, specifically if you are willing to relocate, fair compensation and benefits, multi-cultural organization

Cons

Internal Politics, work life balance not always that good, brand name not well known outside the telecommunication industry. Base salary is comparable to the market, but not so generous in bonuses and stock options

"Project Manager as Contractor into AT & T"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Amdocs (More than 3 years)

Pros

ZERO !!!!

Worked our team 350 - 700 hours OT every year for 3 years
    They have you work five different jobs rolled into one ( my job description placed me at 4X what I was being paid )
    You can never do enough and was always asked by a supervisor to give more while he went to the golf course or out to eat lunch

Tons of Back stabbing

Cons

Kept you on multiple tasks and then would pull you off and expect you to drop what was MAJOR IMPORTANCE to run down another rabbit hole on another MAJOR IMPORTANT PROJECT and then raise hell because you had not finished the first fire ....
         Everyone continuously felt like they were about to lose their jobs. They manage by intimidation.
         I was told when time for my bonus that since I had been so independent in my work that I had never had to have a permanent supervisor assigned to me; however because of my no need for supervision they had no eval to base my bonus on......... SERIOUSLY

Had to leave the work field due to family illness. I left on what I believed to be very good terms. Did not go to Dept of Labor to report their illegal behavior due to the fact that I wanted to be able to re enter the work field without any adversities.
         During my employment I had clients requesting me continuously and was constantly being commended for my team building abilities.
         Whenever there was a fire because the project was in the weeds; they would pull me over to get project settled in order to meet the launch date.
         TO MY GREATEST SURPRISE..... when going to re enter work field and beginning to reconnect with old colleges that wanted me back on their team; we were told that my file had been stamped with NO RE HIRE !!! According to my last evaluation ( WHAT EVALUATION ); I had a horrible evaluation from both clients and upper management.
         If you want to invests years holding your breath, wondering if you are going to be let go for no reason, worked to death with zero accolades. have the clients begging for you, invest unpaid hours to put out fires that extremely unprofessional poor upper management that spends their time out on the golf course or on their three week vacation....... this is the job for you !!!

Advice to Management

If there were a zero; it would have been ZERO across the board. Quit slitting peoples throats in the workplace and drinking the Kool Aid. Stop allowing elitist upper management to kill off the work force. Sad thing is people died while I was there from stroke, heart attacks and some had nervous break downs. No big deal......AMDOCS had someone else there pronto; of course some idiot that YAY HAD A PMP CERTIFICATE and no Experience.

Showing 2,489 of 2,543 reviews