Amec Foster Wheeler "good benefits" Reviews | Glassdoor

Amec Foster Wheeler Employee Reviews about "good benefits"

Updated Oct 3, 2019

3.5
Amec Foster Wheeler Chief Executive Officer  Jonathan Lewis (no image)
Jonathan Lewis
Pros
Cons
  • "Undergoing regular upheaval as Amec attempts to integrate Foster Wheeler (prior to current Wood Group takeover)(in 32 reviews)

• "Poor senior management in place(in 31 reviews)

Reviews about "good benefits"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Environmental Technician in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Amec Foster Wheeler full-time for less than a year

Pros

Knowledgeable staff, nice offices (more or less), kind coworkers, good benefits, many years of collective experience in this office. Great place to learn the industry and other professionals. Overall, a rock-solid place with good people.

Cons

Not sure how much potential there is for promotions internally. Pretty top/management heavy. Dash cameras in company vehicles are kind of a bummer. "3 Strikes, you're out" company vehicle violations policy.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. Thumbs up.

Amec Foster Wheeler2016-11-28
  2. "Cost Engineer"

I worked at Amec Foster Wheeler full-time

Pros

Good company with good benefits

Cons

There were so many changes and re-organization

Advice to Management

N/A

Amec Foster Wheeler2018-09-30

"Professional"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I worked at Amec Foster Wheeler full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good people, fun challenging work when the company has a project, good benefits

Cons

Fractured management, poor business development and sales

Amec Foster Wheeler2017-01-25
  4. "Work"

Current Employee - Engineer in Houston, TX

I have been working at Amec Foster Wheeler part-time for more than 5 years

Pros

They were winning some good projects at one time and the work can be interesting. They have good benefits and salary.

Cons

Management changed and work flow changed so less emphasis on design work or so it seems. Haven't won any work in quite some time.

Advice to Management

Probably need to look at role of management especially in scope definition and management of change for large scale projects.

Amec Foster Wheeler2016-10-31
  5. "Very Good Company"

I have been working at Amec Foster Wheeler

Pros

Good work environment, good benefits, work-life balance is achievable, very good pay

Cons

After the joint venture, upper management reputation has been going down. They show no strategy to deal with the oil & gas market situation

Advice to Management

Come up with a strategy as a global company to mitigate the oil & gas market situation and communicate that to your employees

Amec Foster Wheeler2016-10-05
  6. "Combo welder"

Former Employee - Combo Welder

I worked at Amec Foster Wheeler full-time for more than a year

Pros

Money was good for the area of the country. Kept us busy and making plenty of hours. They have good benefits that are available pretty quick.

Cons

A good bit of the management were a bunch of morons. Instead of working together to accomplish a common goal, they were more worried about out doing the man next to them. Which a lot of times involved some backstabbing.

Amec Foster Wheeler2016-08-05

"Its OK...."

in Boston, MA

I worked at Amec Foster Wheeler

Pros

Great work life balance. Good benefits. Diversity with work and locations. Large team of individuals with so much experience you can fall back on. New management in this office is starting to make some good changes.

Cons

Only cost of living raises. Spot bonuses are arbitrary and there is no definitive way to determine how to get one (typically they aren't given but we are told they will). Absolutely no career mapping or professional development. There are no goals or vision for the future shared with employees. Maybe management has goals and vision? I would like to think so, but if they do they aren't sharing it with everyone.

Advice to Management

Develop your employees. Map their career and give them incentives to stay. I came to Amec wanting to stay for 15 years, and I'm leaving after 3 because I do not see any viable career path for me here. Tell employees how they can get a raise/bonus, tie it to their goals and you will see more productivity, higher utilization (since thats all you care about), and happier employees. Consider the revolving door set on autopilot if changes do not occur.

Amec Foster Wheeler2016-05-18
  8. "Okay Company"

I have been working at Amec Foster Wheeler

Pros

Decent pay, good benefits, sometimes interesting and challenging work

Cons

Disorganized, lack of good office culture

Amec Foster Wheeler2016-05-03
  9. "amec"

Procurement in Houston, TX

I worked at Amec Foster Wheeler for more than 8 years

Pros

Good benefits and hours. Location is on the west side of Houston and easily accessible from I-10. Wonderful building and great views of the city. Lunch catered in daily or there is a café over in the Parsons building.

Cons

AMEC Management seems disengaged and not serious about winning new work as their proposals group is not very bust at the moment.

Advice to Management

Badge report must go.

Amec Foster Wheeler2016-04-15

"Acquisition came at a bad time"

Current Employee - Process Engineer I in Houston, TX

I have been working at Amec Foster Wheeler full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good benefits, but used to be better 9/80 schedule Relaxed work environment Some good projects, and coker experience

Cons

Big gap between upper management and employees Lack of communication within the company Not securing much work due to the purchase of Foster Wheeler and current economy No bonuses, no raises for the past 2 years

Advice to Management

Need training for leads and managers in terms of soft skills or employee interaction. Gap between management and employees reveals that the managers do not have a sense on how the employees feel.

Amec Foster Wheeler2016-03-08