Amedisys Medical Social Worker Reviews | Glassdoor

Amedisys Medical Social Worker Reviews

Updated Jun 6, 2019

1.7
Amedisys CEO Paul B. Kusserow (no image)
Paul B. Kusserow
  1. "Excelllent per diem job"

Former Freelancer - Medical Social Worker in Washington, PA

I worked at Amedisys for more than a year

Pros

Flexibility to accept cases you want

Cons

Was not aware that if you didn't work for 60 days they eliminate your job

Amedisys2016-05-19

"Nashville office should be closed."

Former Employee - Medical Social Worker in Nashville, TN

I worked at Amedisys full-time for less than a year

Pros

insurance benefits , hard working social workers

Cons

poor management, petty and childish management management, poor mileage compensation, too much driving, Nurses put social workers under the bus, focus is placed on making money without making patient care the priority

Advice to Management

Treat social workers with dignity and stop putting social workers under the bus.

Amedisys2019-06-06

"Volume of patients is too inconsistent, even if you work for multiple offices"

Current Employee - Medical Social Worker in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Amedisys full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great team of Nurses and Therapists! The clinical staff are very well trained and super caring. They always do their best to meet patients needs

Cons

HR is a joke, only available via email and they constantly screwed up my benefits. Patient volume does not allow me to make budget. Cannot keep leadership.

Advice to Management

The offices I work for cannot retain consistent leadership so there is a constant state of chaos

Amedisys2017-05-29
  4. "Not enough work"

Medical Social Worker in Louisville, KY

I have been working at Amedisys for more than a year

Pros

I really enjoy the work and the staff is excellent to work with.

Cons

As a social worker, there are never enough visits to cover the salary you are offered when you are offered employment.

Amedisys2015-08-31

"Amedisys is one of the worst companies!"

Former Employee - Medical Social Worker in Durham, NC

I worked at Amedisys full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Patients and families and the priveledge to serve them.

Cons

The management lacks leadership skills and respect for their employees. Corporate, Regional Manager are all about the bottom line! HR fails to follow through, and or take action when issues present themselves in the office; such as harassment and racism (I'm White, my supervisor is AA) I reached out to the CEO of the company to file a complaint...NOTHING got done! Finally, I quit because of the hostile... environment and harassment.

Advice to Management

Spend time in the field and in the offices. Train supervisors, or better yet, hire supervisors who know how to lead instead of dictate. Moreover, hire supervisor who aren't racist, create hostile work environments and target employees who don't fit their mold. When HR receives a phone call from a distressed employee...RESPOND!!

Amedisys2013-12-04

"Great experience, solid clinicians, but the bottom line is everything"

Former Employee - Medical Social Worker in Pensacola, FL

I worked at Amedisys part-time for less than a year

Pros

Working with the patients and helping them achieve post hospitalization recovery by facilitating community resources and referrals. My secondary DOO treated me with respect and understood the extra coordination a social worker does to aid patients. Fellow MSWs really dedicated to helping and mentoring.

Cons

Training and orientation ....shabby, here's your computer, have a nice day. Scheduling is a detriment to patient recovery. Supposed to get schedule on Wed for following week. The way it is: you get your patients the day of the visit, puts patients off as all disciplines try and get in. Some patients accepted to make some physicians happy. No notice for corporate directed terminations. One excellent cardiac nurse... got the ax when she came in for work.

Advice to Management

Get rid of dollar oriented AVPs and Doos and invest in employees more, and less in catered corporate lunches from Moe's. Production quotas are not realistic, make them reasonable. Truthfully advertise the location of the position. "Pensacola" really means Escambia, Santa Rosa, Okaloosa and Walton Counties.

Amedisys2013-07-04

"coworkers were the greatest,after 20 plus yrs with the Agency , the Amedisys way is second only to the Scooter Store"

Former Employee - Medical Social Worker in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Amedisys full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

locals are great folks, corporate puts profit ahead of pts and staff by creating an envirionment of intimidation and using the almighty dollar to turn coworkers against ech other

Cons

micromangement & impossible demands incl requests to alter clincial records by nonclinical stoogies. Company which leverage our company from TOP flight organization 5 years ago led a purspoeful vindictive "purging" of all of us who were long tenured and replaced with per visit scabs

Advice to Management

From one Southerner to another, " You can't fix stupid"

Amedisys2013-03-15