Amedisys Reviews in Portland, OR | Glassdoor

Amedisys Portland Reviews

Updated Jul 12, 2019

Found 9 reviews

1.8
Amedisys CEO Paul B. Kusserow (no image)
Paul B. Kusserow
  1. "Senior Account Executive"

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Portland, OR

I have been working at Amedisys full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Nationally ran company so there are opportunities to move up/around the company. Competitive benefit package. The work/life balance is great!

Cons

There are 3 tiers of insurance policies and I feel the best one is too pricey

Amedisys2018-10-05

"If you love home health, LOOK ELSEWHERE"

Current Employee - Nurse in Portland, OR

I have been working at Amedisys full-time for more than a year

Pros

Benefits are ok. New logo looks like a marijuana dispensary (but you can’t smoke weed even if it’s legal where you live)

Cons

Literally everything about this one. Patients are only valuable at start of care. Every visit after the SOC is a burden to Amedisys because any visit after the SOC means a nurse or therapist is providing care instead of admitting more patients. People with no discernible real life health care knowledge or experience in the current healthcare climate are making decisions on the corporate level and it’s a disaster.... They expect employees to do more than is required by law or is healthy to work/life balance. Your professional license is just something you have they can play with. RUN AWAY!!!!

Advice to Management

Admit to yourself that you don’t care about people and their well-being AT ALL.

Amedisys2019-07-13

"Physical Therapy"

Former Employee - Physical Therapist in Portland, OR

I worked at Amedisys full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Pays well great staff reasonable expectations for productivity

Cons

Poor communication and currently a lot of confusion as 2offices were merged

Advice to Management

GET A FIRM HANDLE ON WHAT'S GOING ON AND TREAT YOUR EMPLOYEES LIKE GOLD

Amedisys2016-08-11

"RN Home Health"

Former Employee - RN- Case Manager Home Health in Portland, OR

I worked at Amedisys full-time for more than a year

Pros

Not worth putting in at this place!

Cons

Mistreated! Not appreciated when working many hours

Amedisys2015-11-08

"Management is not reasonable"

Former Employee - Scheduler in Portland, OR

I worked at Amedisys full-time for less than a year

Pros

excellent pay, benefits, and co-workers.

Cons

Management was unclear about expectations, and changed their mind often.

Amedisys2014-11-16

"Unreasonable expectations of clinicians, long hours"

Current Employee - PT Home Health in Portland, OR

I have been working at Amedisys part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Company has full benefits: health insurance, PTO, 401k with match, and decent continuing education opportunities. Can make decent money if you are willing to work a lot.

Cons

Large amounts of paperwork that your time isn't reimbursed for, high levels of productivity required. To meet productivity you will end up with overtime every week. Not a good choice if you have a family or outside obligations. Computers frequently crash and support is not available onsite and this wastes a lot of time as well.

Advice to Management

Management needs to spend more time working in the field so they have more realistic expectations of what clinicians can accomplish in an 8 hour day. Need to find ways to better support the clinicians in the field and cut down on paperwork and wasted time.

Amedisys2014-08-09

"Constant stress and no appreciation for those who are more than willing to work daily including every weekend for years."

Former Employee - RN Field Nurse in Portland, OR

I worked at Amedisys part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I cannot find any good in this company

Cons

Frequent turn over in clinical managers and nurses. Payroll making constant mistakes in paychecks

Advice to Management

Company owners should review how thier managers make decisions regarding employees and how employeed are left out of the process until it directly affects them

Amedisys2013-01-05

"Current LPN in Portland Oregon"

Current Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN), Home Care in Portland, OR

I have been working at Amedisys full-time

Pros

Flexible work schedule, great co-workers.

Cons

Unrealistic work expectations from management, we are expected to see up to 8 pts in an 8 hour work day without overtime. We also are expected to see pts that are just outside our territory and actually in the territory of our sister office.

Advice to Management

Put some scrubs on and take our schedule for a week, do it with a smile, no overtime and dont forget to dot all your I's and cross all your T's.

Amedisys2012-10-25

"Good place to start, but you wouldn't want to stay there."

RN Case Manager in Portland, OR

I have been working at Amedisys

Pros

Patients. Learn CMS, Oasis assessment, Case Management, keep up on your skills.

Cons

You will be pressured to work long hours, and chart off the clock. No overtime allowed and all overtime has to be pre-approved (good luck with that!). You will NEVER have a predictable schedule, because if an admit comes in, you have to do it and your previous commitments to patients fly out the window. The most common complaint I get from patients is "you said the nurse would see me on X day" and that's often... impossible, because yet another admission came up and you had to move your commitment to that patient to another day. Of course, you cant share this with patients, but the number one priority is Admits, Admits, Admits and patient care takes a back seat. This company is focused on profits, profits, profits. If anything goes wrong, its always the Case Managers fault. New RN hires I've spoken with are already biding their time and not planning to stay once they acquire some case management experience. This is a good place to learn Case Management, but not to stay.

Advice to Management

See above. Come up with realistic schedules and pay staff for the hours they actually work.

Amedisys2012-05-13