Amedisys Employee Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.2
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Paul B. Kusserow

Pros
  • Good benefits for the most part (in 30 reviews)

• The bond between patients and our home health care staff can be very rewarding (in 29 reviews)

Cons
  • This company gets a lot of free work out of it's pay per visit clinicians and it's unacceptable (in 17 reviews)

• Poor work life balance even in the field position (in 16 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Amedisys"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Winston-Salem, NC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Winston-Salem, NC

I have been working at Amedisys full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Amedisys is a company with a focus on excellent patient care. The company is dedicated to becoming the employer of choice. Employee input is a major decision factor in how the company moves forward with benefits and technology.

Cons

Healthcare, especially home health, is an ever-changing field. You must be able to adapt and take change in stride to be successful.

Advice to Management

Continue to adapt to the ever-changing workforce. Also, keep your focus on finding benefits that employees find the most rewarding

2. "OT"

Former Employee - Occupational Therapist
    Former Employee - Occupational Therapist

I worked at Amedisys full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great support from the field office.

Cons

Corporate micro management can interfere with effective patient care.

Advice to Management

Support your clinicians in providing optimal care to patients

"It is a daily challenge , as a PTA II since 2009 . I love what I do as a PTA. The challenge is the company."

Current Employee - PTA II
    Current Employee - PTA II

I have been working at Amedisys full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The staff I work with are great people. We have very compassionate nurses and therapy staff. The staff in office is awesome. However...

Cons

Management better since new DOO. computer system is terrible , continuously adding to it, more data entry than pt care. No cost of living raise / or any other raise since 2011 , although management and above have received them. Data entry repeats itself multiple places , causing more time for this than quality treatment time. Patients complain clinicians more on computer than working with them includes all disciplines. New DOO is great, trying to change things , but upper management doesn't seem to listen to the DOO and her concerns for her staff. They tell us to embrace change , but don't want to hear from the people working the hardest so they can get raises , to make it easier, more efficient and make a difference for our patients. It's hard to give good effective treatments with the complex computer system that was supposed to be easier, and morale decreased do to management not listening to clinicians concerns.

Advice to Management

Listen to the people that are actually in the field and trenches , seeing patients, working long 9 to 12 hour days , 7 days a week sometimes , without a raise in 6 years. If you want us to embrace change, then management should embrace clinical concerns from clinicians, patients, to change morale and high turn over rates with employees. We need to feel like we are doing all this hard work for the betterment of not only patients but company as well. It's hard when you work as hard as we do , and get NOTHING in return.

5. "So-So"

I worked at Amedisys full-time

Pros

People and how they take care of each other

Cons

Not that I can think of

Advice to Management

Get Better

6. "RN"

I worked at Amedisys full-time

Pros

I enjoyed my peers and taking care of patients

Cons

Upper Management does not care about employees, only numbers

Advice to Management

Learn how to be loyal to your staff who does all the work to make you look good

"Physical Therapist"

I have been working at Amedisys full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fair compensation, minimal weekend on-call, never push back to requested time off.
    Opportunity to get into home health with no experience.

Cons

Very poor work/life balance. Long,tedious documentation. Exhausting micromanagement. HR and tech support very poor for company this large. Expensive benefits for industry. Quality of patients are poor to fair for rehab and usually only those passed over by the premier organizations in the area. Large zone to cover. High branch management turnover.

Advice to Management

Hello? I'm not a shareholder, so I am not of concern.

"Home Hospice Aide"

Former Employee - CNA
    Former Employee - CNA

I worked at Amedisys full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Loved my patients and the families I got to meet along my journey with the company.

Cons

Poor management at the time.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees.

"RN"

I have been working at Amedisys full-time

Pros

Awesome co - workers -decent wages

Cons

Poor Health care benefits

10. "Mixed review"

I worked at Amedisys full-time

Pros

Good job to keep your nursing skills current, new challenges each week, thoroughly enjoyed interacting with patients and coworkers, reasonable benefits and pay per visit for regular visit.

Cons

Be careful of local politics clashing with corporate expectations leaving the worker bees confused, alert workers have to check that they are paid for all their actual visits every pay stub and spend considerable time proving they were not paid, global statements at meetings instead of dealing directly with individual workers.

Advice to Management

Increase the compensation for start of care and other oasis visits - regular visit compensation seems adequate, keep expectations clear and consistent.

"Chaplain"

Current Employee - Hospice Chaplain in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Hospice Chaplain in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Amedisys part-time (More than a year)

Pros

All team members genuinely care about their patients and families. The pay is very good and annual raises are fair too.

Cons

Our center is very short staffed! We cannot seem to keep employees, most especially nurses. This makes the work stressful and most of us are exhausted because we are having to pick up the slack!

Advice to Management

We need leadership with good communication skills. It is imperative that those in management be able to lead the whole group.