Amedisys Reviews | Glassdoor

Amedisys Reviews

Updated May 25, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Pros
  • The bond between patients and our home health care staff can be very rewarding (in 31 reviews)

• Good benefits for the most part (in 30 reviews)

Cons
  • Poor work life balance even in the field position (in 19 reviews)

• Level of patient care very high and complex making pay per visit a joke (in 16 reviews)

"RN Case Manager"

Current Employee - RN Case Manager in Tuscaloosa, AL
    Current Employee - RN Case Manager in Tuscaloosa, AL

I have been working at Amedisys full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Excellent orientation for new employees. The tablet used for documenting on is fast and reliable. Team work and communication within the group.

Cons

As with any home health you will have to be on call at times. The calls are triaged so you only get called if a visit is needed.

Advice to Management

Continue to talk to employees. Great team.

"Love my job"

Current Employee - Care Transition Manager in Charleston, SC
    Current Employee - Care Transition Manager in Charleston, SC

I have been working at Amedisys full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Patient centered focused care, resources for patients and employees, very strong clinical team, Senior management that care about their employees, A company that puts patients first

Cons

There are times that we are down in staff but the pro is we always hire in a timely manner when we find the right person.

Advice to Management

Keep putting patients and employees first, it shows you care and I am so very proud of our company!

"Great Opportunities, Lack of commitment"

Former Employee - IT Corporate in Baton Rouge, LA
    Former Employee - IT Corporate in Baton Rouge, LA

Pros

Truly a unique workplace and environment, great people to work with, growth opportunities available.

Cons

The opportunity to grow knowledge and technology was viable under past leadership, but new direction and ideas has eliminated technology. Information management has overruled the environment, therefore technology lacks. This directly impacts the field clinicians and ultimately the patients. Knowing you aren’t helping any longer makes it difficult to strive for success, and the leaders aren’t committing to making the change back to a technology driven solution.

Advice to Management

Trust your core employees and enable their potential to pave the way for growth.

5. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, AL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, AL

Pros

Competitive Salary, good management, flexible schedule, only working one weekend per month when working in the field. Great benefits

Cons

Schedule often changes, flexibility is a must in this job. PTO and sick leave combined

Advice to Management

NA

6. "Amedisys Home Health"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chapel Hill, NC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chapel Hill, NC

I have been working at Amedisys full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great company to work for!

Cons

No cons to the job.

"rn case manager"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Winston-Salem, NC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Winston-Salem, NC

I worked at Amedisys full-time

Pros

very good workmates .good communication between different disciplines . excellent training on computer charting. a family type feeling with other field staff.

Cons

a lot of gossiping between office staff. a lot of changes to daily assignments made it hard to plan your day or call patients and set visit times.territories divided between staff. would still have times when two nurses in area overlapping.

Advice to Management

make surprise visits to office to see how time was wasted and it seemed like a playground. DON had her favorites and it showed in the scheduling. forced to work overtime and nights spent doing uncompensated charting.

8. "Exceptional Staff"

Current Employee - Hospice Liaison in East Hartford, CT
    Current Employee - Hospice Liaison in East Hartford, CT

I have been working at Amedisys full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There are lots of perks working for this organization, including its great reputation in the community, awesome colleagues and a highly competitive salary.

Cons

Paid time off is one of the most important things I look for in a job. I think this company has average or above average paid time off but it was less than what I was hoping for.

Advice to Management

So far, my experience with the company is that things are run very smoothly. My suggestion is to keep doing what you are doing. The investment in staff development, training, and job shadowing is above and beyond any company I have worked for before.

9. "RN"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bridgeport, CT
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bridgeport, CT

Pros

Great pay, flexible, Corporate, large company

Cons

Constant changes, office drama, tons of documentation

Advice to Management

Better appreciation of clinical staff

"A True leader in Quality Hospice Care"

Current Employee - Area Vice President, Hospice Outreach in East Providence, RI
    Current Employee - Area Vice President, Hospice Outreach in East Providence, RI

I have been working at Amedisys full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

A very compassionate and supportive organization. Providing quality end-of-life care. Advocating and educating for patients and families in any environment.

Cons

No Cons. Amedisys feels like family.

11. "Best career decision ever!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Amedisys (Less than a year)

Pros

Amedisys has a long-standing reputation of being a leading home health and hospice provider across the US. I joined this organization because they are serious about being innovative in providing the highest quality patient care. I am very impressed with all of the employees. This company has heart and compassion. It is apparent the moment you meet the clinicians as well as the executives. I joined the organization this year and I am thrilled with my decision.

Cons

No organization is perfect. What impresses me about Amedisys is that any suggestions for improvement and streamlining processes are welcomed and taken seriously. Not all problems can be solved over night but they are making great strides toward continuous improvement.

Advice to Management

Continue to communicate with employees across the organization and let them know how critical each person's role is to the entire organization. You are on the right track so keep doing what you're doing!