Amen Clinics Reviews | Glassdoor

Amen Clinics Reviews

Found 55 reviews

3.6
Daniel G. Amen
Pros
  • "This is an organization that truly focuses on improving the brain health of our patients(in 5 reviews)

• "It is extremely rewarding and I actually look forward to coming to work(in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • "(in 2 reviews)

• "Company needs to put more focus on their employees and keeping them happy and engaged(in 2 reviews)

1. "A great place to work!"

Former Employee - Patient Care Coordinator in Costa Mesa, CA

I worked at Amen Clinics full-time for more than 6 years

Pros

The Amen Clinic is the job that helped me in every aspect of both my education and career. I can’t say much for the corporate side of things, but on the clinic side I had a family of good people who genuinely cared about my best interest. Management worked with me to make sure I had plenty of time to also get my Bachelor’s degree and was understanding if I felt overworked. I had no problem going to the manager and explaining...

Cons

One of the major setbacks for me was the unfortunate lack of semi-annual or annual reviews given to employees. We all had many different tasks to do within our job description and I think it would have been great to know how we were doing as we took on more work!

Advice to Management

Please give everyone semi-annual reviews! I can’t tell you how many times I heard staff wish they knew how they were doing in their positions. I also would love to see more employee bonding between departments, such as yearly retreats or monthly lunches. I think it would be wonderful for morale and it certainly makes the company as a whole become more friendly.

2. "It's what you make of it"

Former Employee - Patient Care Coordinator in Reston, VA

I worked at Amen Clinics full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Brain healthy initiatives, good wages, excellent clinicians

Cons

Limited room for growth if you aren't a doctor

3. "Very Rewarding"

I have been working at Amen Clinics full-time

Pros

Everyday I go home knowing that I have helped people. It is extremely rewarding and I actually look forward to coming to work. We can make a difference in this world.

Cons

If I felt there were downsides, I wouldn't be working here.

"Toxic environment"

I have been working at Amen Clinics full-time

Pros

Pay is on par with industry

Cons

Terrible environment. The call center leadership is terrible. Upper management is unprofessional, all over the place, they change what they want and expect daily. The stress is not worth the pay.

Advice to Management

Become decent human beings and care about others as much as you care about how much Daniel likes you.

5. "Patient Outcome Manager"

I have been working at Amen Clinics full-time

Pros

Rewarding to connect and care for patients and see the whole process start to finish Opportunity to grow clinical skills

Cons

No set system in place for pay increase

Advice to Management

-Provide measurable reviews with pay increase incentives consistent with staff educational level, responsibilities, and performance -Support educational pursuits/enrichment -Prioritize cultivating healthy work environment/morale through team building and conflict training. Spotlight a glimpse in the shoes of other departments and work as a team to eliminate office gossip/ positive reminders of power of words to speak...

6. "Wonderful!"

I have been working at Amen Clinics full-time

Pros

A great place to work if you want to help people. Everyone is on the same team.

Cons

Sometimes a bit too much focus on money, but it is a business.

7. "Progress"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Costa Mesa, CA

I have been working at Amen Clinics full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

There are some amazing people that work here. It is a family environment for the most part and that is what makes me want to go to work every day.

Cons

Working out some issues within the different departments. Company needs to put more focus on their employees and keeping them happy and engaged. It is a work in progress but I think we will get there just takes time.

Advice to Management

Focus on keeping the employees happy and engaged that is where this company needs to improve.

8. "Former Employee"

I worked at Amen Clinics full-time

Pros

Loved working there. Very caring people.

Cons

Office friction. Everyone has their own department and won't do much for other departments.

• "Anonymous"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

I have been working at Amen Clinics full-time

Pros

The Amen Clinics DC is a wonderful place to work. We learn as a team and we grow as a team. Each team member has been able to excel in his/her position, and has had the opportunity to learn new roles and gain responsibility. We've had tremendous changes in Reston, which has resulted in greatly increased employee AND patient satisfaction. Definitely a five-star rating - I would refer a family member to work at the...

Cons

No cons to report at this time.

• "Strives for success / Integrity / Mission Driven"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I have been working at Amen Clinics full-time

Pros

1) Each day is never the same. 2) Room for growth. 3) Constantly learning and being challenged. 4) Work/life balance. 5) Staff in Reston all truly care about one another and there is no divide anywhere. It's one of the best things. Loving coming in to work to see my second family. 6) I am not micromanaged. This was also a HUGE one for me and it is so awesome that my superiors do not do that here in Reston.

Cons

1) Pay is not the best BUT it is something that they are trying to work on.

Advice to Management

Pay your employees what they deserve. Your hardest working employees are not always compensated what they should and it can be frustrating see employees who do not work even half as hard as you get raises or paid way more then they should.

Found 55 reviews