Amen Clinics Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.8
Daniel G. Amen

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Good Local / Tough Corporate"

I worked at Amen Clinics full-time

Pros

Local team is great / great working relationships between all staff

Cons

Challenging corporate structure with little room for local needs

2. "Great way to gain experience"

Former Employee - Social Media in Costa Mesa, CA
    Former Employee - Social Media in Costa Mesa, CA

I worked at Amen Clinics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great employee benefits and opportunity to move up with performance (primarily evaluated by the founder). Opportunity to gain experience with highly technical subject matter.

Cons

The company had a high turn over rate and that can be difficult from a continuity perspective. Some positions aren’t necessarily subject to that though (administrators tend to stay for years).

3. "FAKE HYPE REVIEWS"

I worked at Amen Clinics full-time

Pros

The person who wrote
    "Stop being angry and look at the facts"
    GOT FIRED!!!!!!!!

Cons

FIRED FIRED FIRED fired fired

"Toxic Work Culture"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Costa Mesa, CA

I have been working at Amen Clinics full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

They pay on time and free coffee

Cons

Unless you are desperate for a job, do not work here. I have worked here for three years and I have seen over 60 people either get fired or quit. Is that normal with only about 100 people in our company? We have a rotating door on employment and a serious HR problem. Everyone is paranoid that they will get fired because they do not give warnings, directions, reviews, or feedback here. All they care about is sales. There is zero leadership, no trust, and generally, the majority of people here are unhappy and frustrated. If work culture is important to you, avoid this place like a plague. There is alot of drama, alot of prima donnas, no work outings, and zero investment into the work culture here.

Those two reviews on August 10, 2017 are so fake “Love!” and "Great people to be around Lots of energy and healthy environment." Come on. Don’t insult our intelligence.

Advice to Management

Get a new CEO and care about your staff.

"CEO’s last hooray before retirement"

Pros

Seems great in the beginning, smoke and mirrors in front of what could be a great mid sized company if ran properly

Cons

Dr. Amen is a respectable psychiatrist not a business owner, never addresses his employees with words of encouragement or acknowledgement. He couldn’t handle the business part in the resent years so he brought on a washed up CEO who came from ruining the books at her previous employer, she is on her last legs of her career running companies... too many fake promises and new ventures that fail in a matter of months. Always seems to come up with a new enticing business model to calm Dr Amens thoughts of her. Quick to point her finger at employees and let them go as they are disposable in her eyes. She sure acts the part of a collected CEO but she herself has had treatments under Amen’s clinics. This company could be great if a balanced CEO came in and ran it properly. Dr Amen should be only involved in the clinical side of things not the business side. Too many good employees came and went , underachieving as a result of the fear of being fired... if you run out of good ideas and they have exhausted you be warned they will consider letting you go especially marketing.

6. "Love!"

I have been working at Amen Clinics full-time

Pros

Great management, great atmosphere, really cares about the work they do

Cons

Not known well enough in the community

7. "Great people to be around Lots of energy and healthy environment"

I worked at Amen Clinics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great people to work with at the clinic. High energy and can be fun.

Cons

None really any cons that I can think of at the clinic where I worked

Advice to Management

Follow up with employee suggestions more often.

"Bad leadership"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Costa Mesa, CA

I have been working at Amen Clinics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Easy commute to Costa Mesa office some nice entry level people

Cons

This place has a terrible culture. I have never worked for a more unprofessional and mean CEO and leadership team. I am still here but actively looking for other work. This is one of my first "real jobs" Others who are entry level as well all say the same thing bad business ethics bad business practices bad culture and horrible bosses. Daniel himself is very nice in the little bit I interact with him and most of the doctors are fantastic but just really bad leadership.

Advice to Management

I would suggest the owner to get a new CEO

"Patient Outcome Manager"

I have been working at Amen Clinics full-time

Pros

Wow, some of these reviews are heartbreaking but as of I've told my colleagues over and over when I hear complaints, people shouldn't work here unless they really really want to be here. We change lives and if we don't live the message, we're letting our patients down. I've worked at the Atlanta office for over four years now and it has been the most supportive, kind, and collaborative environment. Our office operates as one large moving part, everyone having their different strengths and abilities. I am so grateful for our physicians and clinic director who have supported me the whole way, including offering me continued education and overall helping improve my self-worth. For this, it's important for anyone looking for employment here to understand our healthy, loving dynamics because again if you don't live the message, this will not be a good fit for you.

Cons

We need to hire by personality traits and abilities including a strong passion for patient care and the mission to change psychiatry/medicine rather than "resume experiences." Go with your gut!

"Only come here if you're looking to clock in and out. Not a career move."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Costa Mesa, CA

I have been working at Amen Clinics full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Some smart and fun people work here. You end up getting huge marketing budgets to play with that are completely unrealistic in the real world. Experience with a lot of things since Dr. Amen wants to try and do everything, i.e.. podcasts, tv shows, youtube series, courses, supplements, etc.

Cons

CEO is nice, but doesn't have any real control because Dr. Amen always has the final say. BrainMD marketing is lazy and does what Dr. Amen wants, rather than creating a profitable brand. Amen Clinics can't actually help people because of the expense, and they don't really care. After receiving a bomb threat, Dr. Amen would not allow anyone to leave the building, and when people complained about not feeling safe, a company wide meeting occurred, in which HR reminded everyone that "California is an at-will state." There is a constant shuffling of people so that they dont' have to work with Dr. Amen anymore, but their talents can still be used.

The turnover here is ridiculous because people finally start to realize that having Amen Clinics on their resume tarnishes their reputation and won't allow them to grow their skill-sets. The people here are talented, but can't actually use their talent because Dr. Amen forces them to use marketing and clinic dollars for his pursuits, and not their brand's goals. The only reason I'm still here is because me and my boyfriend are saving for a house and I can't lose the income while we are in the approval process for the loan.

Advice to Management

Let the CEO actually be the CEO. Nurture your employees.