Amen Clinics Reviews | Glassdoor

Current Employees

3.7
Daniel G. Amen

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Patient Outcome Manager"

I have been working at Amen Clinics full-time

Pros

Wow, some of these reviews are heartbreaking but as of I've told my colleagues over and over when I hear complaints, people shouldn't work here unless they really really want to be here. We change lives and if we don't live the message, we're letting our patients down. I've worked at the Atlanta office for over four years now and it has been the most supportive, kind, and collaborative environment. Our office operates as one large moving part, everyone having their different strengths and abilities. I am so grateful for our physicians and clinic director who have supported me the whole way, including offering me continued education and overall helping improve my self-worth. For this, it's important for anyone looking for employment here to understand our healthy, loving dynamics because again if you don't live the message, this will not be a good fit for you.

Cons

We need to hire by personality traits and abilities including a strong passion for patient care and the mission to change psychiatry/medicine rather than "resume experiences." Go with your gut!

"Bad leadership"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Costa Mesa, CA

I have been working at Amen Clinics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Easy commute to Costa Mesa office some nice entry level people

Cons

This place has a terrible culture. I have never worked for a more unprofessional and mean CEO and leadership team. I am still here but actively looking for other work. This is one of my first "real jobs" Others who are entry level as well all say the same thing bad business ethics bad business practices bad culture and horrible bosses. Daniel himself is very nice in the little bit I interact with him and most of the doctors are fantastic but just really bad leadership.

Advice to Management

I would suggest the owner to get a new CEO

"Only come here if you're looking to clock in and out. Not a career move."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Costa Mesa, CA

I have been working at Amen Clinics full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Some smart and fun people work here. You end up getting huge marketing budgets to play with that are completely unrealistic in the real world. Experience with a lot of things since Dr. Amen wants to try and do everything, i.e.. podcasts, tv shows, youtube series, courses, supplements, etc.

Cons

CEO is nice, but doesn't have any real control because Dr. Amen always has the final say. BrainMD marketing is lazy and does what Dr. Amen wants, rather than creating a profitable brand. Amen Clinics can't actually help people because of the expense, and they don't really care. After receiving a bomb threat, Dr. Amen would not allow anyone to leave the building, and when people complained about not feeling safe, a company wide meeting occurred, in which HR reminded everyone that "California is an at-will state." There is a constant shuffling of people so that they dont' have to work with Dr. Amen anymore, but their talents can still be used.

The turnover here is ridiculous because people finally start to realize that having Amen Clinics on their resume tarnishes their reputation and won't allow them to grow their skill-sets. The people here are talented, but can't actually use their talent because Dr. Amen forces them to use marketing and clinic dollars for his pursuits, and not their brand's goals. The only reason I'm still here is because me and my boyfriend are saving for a house and I can't lose the income while we are in the approval process for the loan.

Advice to Management

Let the CEO actually be the CEO. Nurture your employees.

"Stop being angry and look at the facts"

Pros

Here's the thing: the majority of these negative reviews are from people who are upset they were fired.
    You cannot deny the RESULTS. You cannot deny THE FACTS.
    Amen Clinics has changed people's lives for the better.
    The Clinic and The Amen Method has given people hope for a better and healthier life.
    Almost everyday I talk to patients who see the clinic as a huge blessing in their life.

It's pathetic how some CURRENT EMPLOYEES will write such negative reviews.

If you don't understand or believe in the mission of Amen Clinics YOU SHOULD NOT WORK HERE.

Cons

The Clinic has grown significantly and still has a long way to go.
    There are individuals who are working here for the wrong reasons. There also needs to be healthy competition between clinics and more support overall.

5. "Meaningful Work"

I have been working at Amen Clinics full-time

Pros

It's wonderful to see the effects of our work on patients, and to be a part of helping so many people. I appreciate that I get to be at the cutting edge of healthcare and to work with so many amazing and dedicated people. Our clinic is filled with people focused on innovation and service.

Cons

The company is in a stage of growth, and the management can be a bit chaotic.

Advice to Management

Keep your focus on the mission!

6. "Client Care Coordinator"

Current Employee - Client Care Coordinator in Costa Mesa, CA
    Current Employee - Client Care Coordinator in Costa Mesa, CA

I have been working at Amen Clinics full-time

Pros

Excellent working environment, everybody is professional and friendly. Great benefits and terrific staff. Everybody is very accomodating and helpful in all aspects of the department.

Cons

I can't really say that much with the downside at working here at amen clinics other than there's so many staff that works here and i barely know all of them.

Advice to Management

The management here at amen clinics is amazing, the only thing that i have to say is probably for each manager in each department to be more outgoing.

7. "I.T Desktop Support"

Current Contractor - I T Desktop Support in Costa Mesa, CA
    Current Contractor - I T Desktop Support in Costa Mesa, CA

I have been working at Amen Clinics as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

-Great atmosphere
    -Commonly see vegetables or fruits in break room for employees (healthier living)
    -Plenty of parking in structure
    -Fantastic Human Resource and I.T department that work effortlessly to help all employees
    -Fantastic opportunity to work with medical professionals and understand how the brain works

Cons

No cons at this point in my employment; however, I doubt I would run into any cons as everyday been consistent.

"Encouragement in the healhcare field"

Current Employee - Management
    Current Employee - Management

Pros

This company is in the healthcare field, specifically Psychiatry. Dr. Amen is a pioneer in brain scanning using it to aid in evaluations for a more holistic approach to treatment. This company is not a huge corporation with thousands of employees , we are approximately between 120-150 employees. That being said we are a private clinic, working for a large company vs a smaller company has its pro's and con's . With larger companies its easy to get stagnant an follow in line with mediocre work. working for this company we all have a common goal , to treat our patients and show passion in our work. if you don't enjoy the work you do day in and day out ... why do it? some of these bad reviews here are expected as with any other company, 1 out of every 10 review will be bad, basic statistics. What I can say is this, Dr. Amen shows true compassion for his patients and employees we support his overall goal and mission. If you are in the healthcare industry or going to school for psychiatry this is a good starting point, get your experience and that's the most you can ask from any employer. Don't blame the employer for being all about the Money or lack of leadership as we know this is subjective.

Cons

Healthcare industry , you'd expect some bad patients and people that are not in the best mental shape.

"Amen Clinics Review"

Pros

-The people there are super friendly which makes the day go by faster
    -Promotes Health Related Food with Vending Machines (can't drink soda at lunch)
    -Clean Atmosphere

Cons

-Project Manager was Always Busy so didn't know who to ask for help if I was stuck on a customer
    -Tech team wasn't very big
    -Very Slow Pace

Advice to Management

Train your employees more! We really want to help the customers on the phone, but we lack the knowledge to really help them.

"Patient Care Coordinator"

I have been working at Amen Clinics full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

there are no pros at this place!

Cons

Top down disorganization, low morale, high turnover, ineffective leadership, greed, and other ethical issues

Advice to Management

Treat your employees like people instead of sweat shop workers, hold the call center accountable, pay people a living wage

Amen Clinics Response

Nov 16, 2015 – HR Recruiter

Thank you for your review, I would like to sincerely apologize for your experiences, it may have been a particular supervisor or a situation you went through to enlighten this, but please do not... More