Amen Clinics Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "System Administrator"

Former Employee - Systems Administrator in Newport Beach, CA
    Former Employee - Systems Administrator in Newport Beach, CA

I worked at Amen Clinics full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very nice place to work out, I learned a lot.

Cons

The served to much Subway

Advice to Management

Buy bigger backup devices

2. "Employment Experience"

I have been working at Amen Clinics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good benefits, great facility, management is improving! Dr. Amen is starting to hire the right talent in the right places.

Cons

Pay structure could use a boost for all levels and vacation structure could use a revamp.

Advice to Management

Continue to listen to your employees. They are the ones who interact with the patients on a daily basis - they have great ideas on how to improve processes!

"Mission Driven"

Current Employee - Physician in Costa Mesa, CA
    Current Employee - Physician in Costa Mesa, CA

I have been working at Amen Clinics full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Amen Clinics makes a big difference in the lives of thousands of people every month. I have been proud to work there and be part of it for over 10 years.

Cons

The company is growing, which sometimes can be stressful as management tries to improve their ability to help people.

Advice to Management

Continue learning and setting up processes to include employees in expansion planing.

4. "Innovative"

I have been working at Amen Clinics full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Amen Clinics is trying to change how psychiatric medicine is practiced. They study the outcomes of every patient they see and constantly strive to make their processes and procedures the best for patients and their families. The stories of hope, transformation, and change keep me motivated every day.

Cons

We see people who have failed multiple other providers. There is no room to have bad days. Sometimes that makes the work stressful.

Advice to Management

Keep striving to do better. There has been a lot of change over the last 3 years for the better.

"PURPOSE"

Current Employee - Senior Leadership in Costa Mesa, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Leadership in Costa Mesa, CA

Pros

It is very rare to find an organization that operates with a deep sense of purpose where your contribution matters--REALLY matters. That is the case at Amen Clinics. I have been a CEO and senior executive leader for nearly 30 years and worked in just about every type of organizational culture. During that time I have concluded that people want to do something that is significant with the work aspect of their life. That is indeed the case here where we help people change their brain to change their life. Talk about significance. And the impact we have in the lives of the patients we treat is multi-generational. Changing the direction and destiny of one life has an exponential impact on that person's family, and the future families of those people affected. Wow. That's purpose. And that's why it is an honor and blessing for me to work at the Amen Clinics.

Cons

Like all organizations, there is a constant struggle and tension over priorities and the lack of time to "do everything." The good news here is that we have so many positive opportunities that once they are narrowed down with focus, it immediately and powerfully lowers the tension to its appropriate and productive level.

6. "Amen Clinic is a great place to work."

Current Employee - Administrative
    Current Employee - Administrative

I have been working at Amen Clinics full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I have been with Amen Clinic for over five years and have had numerous opportunities made available to me. What I love most about the company is that we are doing work that is life changing. To see patients who initially come to us with no hope, transform their lives is what motivates me to go to work everyday.

Cons

It can be hard to keep up with the growth and plethora of new ideas and initiatives

Advice to Management

Continue to work on a smoother process for change and implementation.

7. "Company with a mission and a purpose"

Current Employee - Middle Management
    Current Employee - Middle Management

I have been working at Amen Clinics full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I truly love being part of a company that is striving to change the way psychiatric medicine is practiced. They live the message and the mission from the top down and take it seriously down to the smallest details. The company is growing rapidly, which offers tremendous growth to the right people- people with initiative, creativity and a desire to help others.

Cons

Because the company is growing so rapidly, there are some growing pains from time to time. Hiring quickly can lead to the wrong fit for a position at times. However, measures are clearly being taken to remedy these issues. New hiring processes, training regimens, on-boarding programs, incentives and leadership training are only a few of the exciting new initiatives being implemented.

8. "Opportunity, Passion and Purpsoe"

I have been working at Amen Clinics full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The best thing about working for this cause is that we truly help people. This is a job where you can feel good about coming to work everyday and know that your efforts are making a difference in someone's life. I've never once had that "sinking feeling" about having to go to work, and am honestly so motivated to contribute to this mission. There is also exhilarating growth and abundant opportunity for advancement and new learning, which is very exciting to be a part of.

Cons

This is a fast-paced environment and with rapid growth, comes a fair amount of stress. Plus, we all take this work very seriously and it can sometimes feel like a lot of pressure.

Advice to Management

My advice to management is to continue to listen to your front-line employees. They are the ones interfacing with our treasured patients day in, and day out and their feedback is crucial.

9. "Stimulating and creative place to work, on the leading edge of psychiatric practice."

I have been working at Amen Clinics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- There is no other clinical setting in the country where docs are provided such broad training and administrative support in the practice of integrative neuropsychiatry... not only in the appropriate use of functional imaging in clinical psychiatry, but also in the judicious use of nutraceuticals, psychological testing, the use of functional medicine work-ups and treatment principles, the incorporation of targeted psychotherapeutic modalities, TMS, Neurofeedback/QEEGs, HBOT, personalized medication paradigms based on assessment findings, etc.
    - Lots of positive changes in the last couple of years. The leadership team now in place has brought a new level of maturity and industry experience that is really helping the organization be more focused on what's most important: the customer experience, standardization of clinical care, research and academic collaborations, the continuous support and development of its managers and line staff, etc.

Cons

- There is the outside perception, particularly among certain professionals, that the Amen Clinics are all about scans, a technology they feel isn't ready for prime time. But it's not all about scans - SPECT is just one piece of a broad and rich approach to diagnosis and treatment. The founder and the organization's directors are open about what's known and not known in this area, and their investment in continuous research and publications underscore their commitment to intellectual honesty and the scientific method. But it can get tiresome trying to deal with the naysayers.
    - It can be a challenge trying to work in an organization that has so many opportunities, given the visibility of its founder. But the challenge of prioritizing and executing on those opportunities for growth and collaboration is a great challenge to have.
    - Leadership is reportedly working on the development of an employee stock ownership plan, but it's not yet in place

Advice to Management

Focus as much on the care and nurturing of your staff as you do your patients. Continue to focus on bringing value at every turn to patients, families, and referring professionals, while maintaining intellectual honesty about what's good about establishment psychiatry as well as the emerging methods the Amen Clinics are pioneering which can enhance psychiatry's effectiveness and efficiency.

"Encouragement in the healhcare field"

Current Employee - Management
    Current Employee - Management

Pros

This company is in the healthcare field, specifically Psychiatry. Dr. Amen is a pioneer in brain scanning using it to aid in evaluations for a more holistic approach to treatment. This company is not a huge corporation with thousands of employees , we are approximately between 120-150 employees. That being said we are a private clinic, working for a large company vs a smaller company has its pro's and con's . With larger companies its easy to get stagnant an follow in line with mediocre work. working for this company we all have a common goal , to treat our patients and show passion in our work. if you don't enjoy the work you do day in and day out ... why do it? some of these bad reviews here are expected as with any other company, 1 out of every 10 review will be bad, basic statistics. What I can say is this, Dr. Amen shows true compassion for his patients and employees we support his overall goal and mission. If you are in the healthcare industry or going to school for psychiatry this is a good starting point, get your experience and that's the most you can ask from any employer. Don't blame the employer for being all about the Money or lack of leadership as we know this is subjective.

Cons

Healthcare industry , you'd expect some bad patients and people that are not in the best mental shape.