KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Found 335 of over 453 reviews

4.1
Ameren Chairman, President and CEO Warner L. Baxter
Warner L. Baxter
Pros
  • "flexible work hours, great benefits(in 32 reviews)

• "Relaxed work environment and friendly coworkers, good benefits(in 25 reviews)

• Cons
  • "The level of micromanagement from my manager is stifling(in 5 reviews)

• "Utilities are highly regulated, this often impacts employees at every level(in 5 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Ameren and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
    1. 5.0
      Featured Review

Excellent company to work for!

Nov 30, 2020 - Operational Technology Leader in Saint Louis, MO
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great Culture Great People Great Benefits Continuous Improvement both internally and externally

Cons

Communication between business lines could be stronger or clearer sometimes, but that's not any different from anywhere else I've worked. Ameren has challenges like any company, but Ameren cares about it's employees, and doing the right thing, which make it a great place to work regardless.

2 people found this review helpful
    2. 5.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Oct 26, 2021 - Intern in Saint Louis, MO
      Business Outlook

Pros

It was good experience overall

Cons

You'll be assigned that is not related to your field of study

3. 5.0

Good company

Oct 19, 2021 - Programmer in Saint Louis, MO
      Business Outlook

Pros

Has Good pay and benefits

Cons

No cons that are company specific.

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

CO-OP

Oct 18, 2021 - Digital Co-Op in Saint Louis, MO
      Business Outlook

Pros

The people are really great

Cons

Getting onboarded and permissions can take awhile

5. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

An Honest Review

Oct 27, 2021 - Supervisor
      Business Outlook

Pros

My review will strive to be truly honest, both positives and negatives. I am impressed with Ameren on many counts, some of which I'll list here: -Very Livable wages, benefits, and work-life policies -Commitment to union labor, which, in turn, supports rights and higher standards for management coworkers as well -Generous support of communities, non-profits, schools, you name it, within our service territory -Job creation, economic development, workforce development efforts, and STEM educational efforts in this region -Evolving along with the changing needs and desires of our customers -Evolving to be a better corporate citizen (DEI efforts, renewable generation, EV and electrification, avian/bat/wildlife protection, and more)

Cons

*Culture* Despite all the positives above, I've never been as unhappy and anxious as during my time at Ameren. It has not escaped my friends', family members', or my own notice that my peace of mind and contentment-level really plummeted when I came here. I have thought a lot about this, and I believe it comes down to the competitiveness and high degree of internal politics at Ameren: It is truly wonderful Ameren promotes from within and offers motivating financial rewards, professional esteem, and other intangible perks the higher one rises up in the hierarchy, but it seems this has the unintended consequence of making day-to-day work-life quite cut-throat and back-stabbing. Also, the political focus and favor-currying directed towards top leadership can feel a bit cult-ish at times. It would be nice to work somewhere where collaboration happened (not competition), work friendships were real (not stepping stones), and I could sleep easy at night knowing my work itself really mattered (not just the optics surrounding it).

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Connections Engineer

Oct 11, 2021 - Career Engineer in Saint Louis, MO
      Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible work schedules, competitive pay, great benefits

Cons

Promotions can take awhile, some salaried employees not eligible for paid overtime.

7. 5.0

Great company

Oct 11, 2021 - Associate Engineer in Decatur, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great environment with great pay

Cons

There is no one centralized program for the project. It is necessary to use multiple programs to complete project.

8. 5.0

Great place to work

Oct 11, 2021 - Communications Specialist in Peoria, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits, Flexible working arrangement, Salary, Nice people

Cons

Working odd hours can be required

9. 5.0
      Former Employee

Great Place

Oct 8, 2021 - Electrical Engineer
      Business Outlook

Pros

Everything is great there now

Cons

None that I can think of

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Positive Environment

Oct 2, 2021 - Specialist
      Business Outlook

Pros

I'm given the freedom to provide my deliverables and find new ways of improving how I do my job. The demands of the job and regulated utility industry allow the individual to work at a comfortable pace or be a total work horse. There is a bottomless amount one can learn about the grid and Ameren can be a great place to learn from many different people and skill sets.

Cons

It can take a long time to retrieve information to complete routine tasks. The start and stop nature makes it difficult to get into a groove and be as productive as I would like.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 335 Reviews