AmeriLife Reviews | Glassdoor

3.4
AmeriLife Chief Executive Officer Scott Richard Perry
Scott Richard Perry

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Decent money, a lot of very good insurance carriers, diverse product portfolio, fast paced environment, good training, no Sundays, great trips (in 8 reviews)

• Excellent training opportunity for new agents, low-cost leads, set appointments, structured enviroment (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Not a good place for new agents (in 10 reviews)

• long hours, six days per week, lots of pressure to suceed (in 5 reviews)

"General Manager of Wilmington"

Current Employee - General Manager in Wilmington, NC
    Current Employee - General Manager in Wilmington, NC

I have been working at AmeriLife full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Amazing income potential with support from a top notch home office staff

Cons

some travel required for events

Advice to Management

Continue to focus on recruiters for the offices

2. "Eliseo Way"

Current Employee - Independent Agent in Winter Haven, FL
    Current Employee - Independent Agent in Winter Haven, FL

I have been working at AmeriLife full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Residual income for life.

Cons

Door knocking is no easy task.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing.

3. "Great company to work for"

I have been working at AmeriLife full-time

Pros

Great training, Free Leads, they will help you get licensed if your not already licensed, great incentive trips, contests

Cons

You have to get licensed if your not already, be prepared to work, nothing worth having comes easy, but the rewards are tremendous!

Advice to Management

Keep moving in the same direction and the sky is the limit!

4. "A life changing experience!"

I have been working at AmeriLife full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Unlimited financial opportunities and more free time with my family. What you put in is what you get out of it. You determine how much you want to make by how hard you want to work!

Cons

An individual must be organized. Get out of your comfort zone and be able to get in front of people.

Advice to Management

Have more company reps visit the offices. Client database for agents.

"setting the record straight"

Former Employee - Former Manager in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Former Manager in Tampa, FL

I worked at AmeriLife full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

If you get in the right office they have a few GREAT managers (Ocala and Brevard).

Cons

There are many.I see a bunch of reviews written by managers talking about "free leads",there is no such thing. I have no regrets as they were my foot in the Insurance industry...You better be self motivated and able to learn on your own...also you give up a ton of commission and then they try and lock you in...read the contract as they WILL bully you and hold your contract for 2 years also insisting you work no closes than 35 miles from your previous office....also when you leave they WILL steel your renewal commissions....take it from a former Manager there are a lot better places to work.

Advice to Management

Although I hear it's better than a few years back I still feel if you are a self motivated person and know the business,there are better options out there for you including going on your own as most marketing groups offer more commission as well as the lead and trip programs...

6. "Choose to see the upside"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Clearwater, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Clearwater, FL

I have been working at AmeriLife full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Company offers opportunity for growth; provides training through online programs to gain knowledge in areas where skills may be needed

Cons

Haven’t personally experienced any yet

Advice to Management

Employees with the company more than five years have added value; they understand much about the company. See them as an asset.

7. "Its a good place to get experience"

Pros

They help with getting licensed, they do have a great trainer for the week long training. The advance on sales is nice.

Cons

The leads are OK for medicare season, but not so great other times. The fees add up. The commission is paid to the agency and they give you the money. The % is lower than most.

"This is not a job it’s an opportunity"

Current Employee - General Manager in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - General Manager in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at AmeriLife full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I feel compelled to write a review because of the people who could not succeed and the reviews they post. First and foremost, this is not a job! A job is someplace you show up and trade your time for a paycheck. Amerilife is an opportunity and a career. You are paid for your performance. The company puts you in business for yourself and provides all of the resources so you can be successful to the level you are willing to work for. Because of this you are going to read more negative reviews than positive. Most people will quit before they ever give themselves a chance to succeeed and when they do they are almost always going to look to blame everyone but the person In the The mirror.

My advice to those people is to stick to jobs.

Cons

Simple but not easy. If you are going to be in your own business, it requires work, sacrifice and dedication. It requires you being coschanle, trainable and having a strong work ethic. It requires goal setting and a positive attitude. It requires that you believe in yourself and be willing to do what failures will not do in order to be successful. If you’re willing to do that, in a relatively short period of time you will find yourself in control of your finances for the rest of your life. It’s always crowded at the bottom, just read the reviews here. If you are uncommon and willing to go out everyday with a spirit of expectation and do what it takes, help people day in and day out and deal with rejection at times you’ll be amazed at what happens.

I know because I was one of those people. I blamed amerilife for everything. In reality, it was me that was the problem. Once I changed my attitude and went to work everything else changed. I went from failing miserably to over 6 figures in 2 years. I haven’t made less than 250k per year since my 4th year with the company. So don’t be fooled by the unsuccessful, they couldn’t hack it. And “ keep away from people who try and belittle your ambitions, small people will always do that. The truly great will make you feel that you too can become great” Thoreau
    There is no perfect system, and amerilife i# by far perfect. But they’re better than most for those willing to put in the time and follow the system.

Advice to Management

Keep working to make amerilife the best it can be.

"Under paid at every position except management positions."

Former Employee - Management in Clearwater, FL
    Former Employee - Management in Clearwater, FL

I worked at AmeriLife full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Decent benefits, great people, reasonable work/family mix as far as hours.

Cons

For the amount of money that is brought in & that any party of the management team is paid, the rest of the "grunts" are sorely underpaid.

Advice to Management

Communication, consistency & higher pay. Maybe even a small percentage on every employees anniversary date.

"Office Manager"

Current Employee - Office Manager in Kissimmee, FL
    Current Employee - Office Manager in Kissimmee, FL

I have been working at AmeriLife full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There is no limit to your earning capabilities. You will get what you put in to Amerilife and more.
    You receive training almost daily to get you past the learning curve. Leads are a given. You aren't even charged for them like other agencies. If you treat it like a 9 to 5, put in all you have to offer, and have a positive mental attitude you will succeed with Amerilife.

Cons

You can't be lazy, and need to keep yourself organized.