AmeriLife & Health Services Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.3
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Timothy O. North

Pros
  • The product portfolio for senior-age care is pretty extensive and there are really no limits on how you can help retirees out (in 7 reviews)

• Plenty of leads, Lots of training, Work an honest days worth of work and you can create your own income (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Training new agents can be so thankless (in 9 reviews)

• long hours, six days per week, lots of pressure to suceed (in 5 reviews)

1. "Sales Agent"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in West Palm Beach, FL
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in West Palm Beach, FL

I have been working at AmeriLife & Health Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Multiple Careers and product lines to sell. Leads and extensive training are provided. Top level commissions paid weekly!

Cons

As I have found with all sales the biggest challenge is being consistent with appointment setting

Advice to Management

Hire telemarketers

2. "Telemarketing"

I worked at AmeriLife & Health Services part-time

Pros

A over all good experience.

Cons

It's a stressful position, even more so on a bad day.

3. "Home Office Employment"

Pros

Evolving Organization dedicated to success.

Cons

Minimal work from home outside of insurance sales.

Advice to Management

Review telecommuting options to align better with today's talent.

"Prefer not to say"

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Clearwater, FL
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Clearwater, FL

I have been working at AmeriLife & Health Services full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

This 20 word minimum is difficult to reach. There is not much to say on a positive note about this company and how they handle scandal.

Cons

The board of directors knows that one of its RVP committed tax fraud and insurance fraud, but turned a blind eye. Crooked to the core.

Advice to Management

Need I say more?

6. "Rewarding Career"

Current Employee - Insurance Agent in Leesburg, FL
    Current Employee - Insurance Agent in Leesburg, FL

I have been working at AmeriLife & Health Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Amerilife offers a multitude of plan options for clients to choose from. Having 200+ plans allows agents to find the perfect product for each customer. Great support team. Great team atmosphere. Highly driven individuals WILL succeed. GREAT PAY!

Cons

Some days are longer than others, but you set your own schedule

Advice to Management

Great job!

"Agent"

Current Employee - Insurance Agent in Greenville, SC
    Current Employee - Insurance Agent in Greenville, SC

I have been working at AmeriLife & Health Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

They will attempt to train you and teach you the ropes. Training will be sub par at best. Prime example the Regional Vice President in Texas writes like someone with zero command of the English language. Their and not there big differnce

Cons

Again they will fill your mind with lies as stated by the regional Vice President. There is no equity interest. They Nickle and dime us to death. Lying and dishonest

Advice to Management

Get rid of everyone.

"GREAT OPPORTUNITY FOR THOSE WHO ARE READY FOR IT"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sebring, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sebring, FL

Pros

This is an amazing opportunity. Sales is a universal skill set that is a driving force for our country. It’s used everywhere whether you realize it or not, so developing your skill in this area should be encouraged. I admit, I actually tried to quit once before but my Manager saw my potential and encouraged me to stay. I’m glad I did. Since then I’ve been able to do and experience so many things that I believe would not have been possible had I gone back to an hourly wage. Working here can give you the financial advantage you need to achieve your own personal goals.

Cons

The “cons” only apply to those who SAY they want to succeed but don’t want to work for it. When opportunity knocks, guess who answers? Work. Reading through all these negative reviews you start to see patterns. People complain, start playing the blame game or make excuses for their failures. “I can't sell because these leads are bad.” “I’m not making enough because the system is rigged.” “The hours are too long.” You want to know what those actually translate to? “I’m blaming the leads for my lack of work ethic.” “ My paycheck isn’t what I want it to be, it’s not my fault though, the system is out to get me.” “I want to succeed but I only want to work the bare minimum.” If you think like that then there’s no place for you here, your negativity is not helpful and will only effect your outcomes. There are several naysayers telling you not to listen to the good reviews on here and it’s your choice whether to listen to them or not, but just to warn you, those naysayers will say anything to keep you from succeeding and living your dream. They don’t want you to do well at this job because they didn’t. They failed therefore it’s ‘impossible’. NO. You are worth it. This job is a great opportunity. There will be HATERS, there will be DOUBTERS, there will be NON-BELIEVERS, and then there will be YOU proving them wrong.

Advice to Management

Perhaps more managers and branch leaders could play motivational audio books during ride alongs. Encourage new agents to study motivational material on their own time as well, a positive mindset is a great thing to have.

9. "The best opportunity for individuals who want to work"

Current Employee - Regional Vice President in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Regional Vice President in Dallas, TX

I have been working at AmeriLife & Health Services full-time

Pros

Amerilife provides ground floor opportunities for anyone looking for a life time career. The business never has a recession and continues to allow agents to grow there income year over year. The company is in an aggressive growth mode that will allow advancement and equity ownership in areas all across the US. Its really the best time to be at Amerilife!

Cons

nothing is giving to you, you must work hard all day everyday and be able to market yourself. If you do not do that you will not succeed. There are no free rides at Amerilife if you are negative and do not meet your commitments you will be ignored.

Advice to Management

Never forget the agents are the company without them there is nothing

"What fess pool"

Former Employee - Insurance Agent
    Former Employee - Insurance Agent

I worked at AmeriLife & Health Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There are many lines of buisness availble, through carriees that might hold a C Or B rating.
    Occassionally the incentives help you drive the extra mile.

Cons

I see people, probably agents in offices looking for there next meal ticket off some other bird dog writing posts like long hours of work, be real working 40 Plus hours deserves a steady paycheck i dont care who you are in this time and age, no benefits and a level 5 danger level all while turning the wheels for some other jerk

Advice to Management

We are in the 21st Century and your company needs to be honest in what its doing

11. "Sales Agent"

Current Employee - Sales Agent in Kissimmee, FL
    Current Employee - Sales Agent in Kissimmee, FL

Pros

Flexibility, Uncapped Earnings, and management. Amerilife really does what it takes to ensure its agents have the best training and resources.

Cons

I can say there are really no cons, you are you own boss in a sense. However successful you want to be you can be.