AmeriPlan Independent Business Owner Reviews | Glassdoor

3.4
AmeriPlan CEO Dennis Bloom
Dennis Bloom

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Great Opportunity to work from home (in 6 reviews)

• Daily pay, training, support, flexibility and residual income (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Actually, I really have no cons (in 5 reviews)

• You have to pay to play and as someone who invested thousands of dollars in their recommendations, I didn (in 3 reviews)

"Wonderful company for people unable to work in public"

Current Employee - Independent Business Owner in Owings Mills, MD
    Current Employee - Independent Business Owner in Owings Mills, MD

I have been working at AmeriPlan full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

the team is awesome, training is easy to do with all the material, the conference calls are always fun and knowledgeable and the compensation is great

Cons

you have to work very hard to get enough people every month and you have to make a lot of calls but i know alot of people like making calls so that's half and half pro and con

"Not as good as you think!"

Current Employee - Independent Business Owner
    Current Employee - Independent Business Owner

I have been working at AmeriPlan full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Work from home and make your own hours

Cons

Not enough support or training

Advice to Management

Help employees to get going

"If You Fail at This Business, It is your Own Fault!"

Current Contractor - Independent Business Owner in Portland, OR
    Current Contractor - Independent Business Owner in Portland, OR

I have been working at AmeriPlan as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Capability to set my own schedule, stay in my home or go out as much as I please, provides opportunity for me to save on recreation- which pushes me to do things to enjoy myself more and take out my team members to celebrate success-, has me working with a team, and I am helping people in need get serious discounts on needed medical help and monthly expenses. The membership costs but saves more.
    I enjoy the fact that I have a career that pays me as much as I put into it and saves me more in my every day life as well. I am out of debt and have no worries anymore about my family because of working with AmeriPlan.
    This is the company for those who have felt held back at 9-5 jobs.
    Just like jobs that take gas money to get there, insurance to pay for out of your paycheck, and money for food outside your home, AmeriPlan businesses take investment, however it has been far less than what it would cost me to drive to work 5 days a week. I still haven't spent more on this than $100 per month on the business side of this venture and have received tenfold in return.
    It takes work, it takes effort, it takes being a motivated and ambitious business person unafraid to speak to new people to really make this work for you, but I personally find it rewarding to help people who are sick to get the medical help they need without having to lose their home or file for bankruptcy- far from it.
    I really hate the people who say they work for this organization and are really just trying to take money from people. Please, if you have been scammed by such human scum, do not take it out on the company they are slandering. It isn't AmeriPlan's fault.

Cons

If you are not a motivated business person, this is not an opportunity for you to pursue and you would find it more beneficial to sign up for a membership instead- if you are ambitious enough to use your discounts; kind of like coupons if you don't clip it and take it you won't get your discount and that seems simple enough to 22 year old me. This is not a job; no one is going to hold your hand and make sure you are meeting a quota- there isn't one- and if you succeed or fail it is entirely on you.
    The trainings are there, the support from your team is there and if it isn't with the person who recruited you then get ahold of someone else in the circle.
    If there are no providers in your area, fix that and make some money.
    Silly people....
    In other words, with the company itself, there are no cons.

Advice to Management

Teach people more leadership skills and not so much about how to use a computer or the internet. Teach people communication skills, how to speak, and how to represent themselves.
    As a Practitioner of Neuro Linguistic Programming and a working business owner already pulling in $20,000 a year I had an advantage and still do because speaking to people on the phone, helping others find the best opportunities, and even social networking skills were already being used when I began.
    I would even suggest having courses in NLP sales, team building, and networking.

"AmeriPlan isn't what they say ... It's a scam"

Former Employee - Independent Business Owner in Chesapeake, VA
    Former Employee - Independent Business Owner in Chesapeake, VA

I worked at AmeriPlan full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It keeps you busy with advertising & talking to people on the phone.

Cons

No money, high expenses, can't keep people, barely any providers, false advertising

Advice to Management

I would not recommend this company to anyone. It is a company that costs a lot of money & you barely make any money in return. It is hard to keep people under you. It's an MLM company that has several class action lawsuits in 6 states currently. Also, they state they have big name brand companies as providers & in realty those companies dropped their coverage years ago. Its false advertising.