AmeriPlan Reviews

AmeriPlan CEO Dennis Bloom
Dennis Bloom
  1. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Shady MLM. Join at your own risk.

Sep 25, 2015 - Recruiter/Trainer
    Business Outlook

Pros

If you want to get really good at doing something that doesn't work, please sign up as an IBO for this company. If you're friends with someone who is a top earner, they can probably do the work for you so you can pull an easy paycheck. If you want to drink the company Koolaid, pull up a chair! You will fit right in.

Cons

Everything about this company is a con. AmeriPlan is a dog (ask anyone who has experience in the network marketing field) and I'm genuinely surprised they are still in business. They prey on people who are looking for a real opportunity to work from home - please don't be fooled. This is an MLM through and through. You have to pay to play, you will spend all your time in training, and they bank on the fact that you will probably work the business for a year and then quit. It's a very dishonest company with unethical behavior happening behind the scenes.

116 people found this review helpful
  2. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

I am pleased to be part of such a tight-knit group of professionals.

Apr 22, 2017 - Benefit Consultant
    Business Outlook

Pros

I love the team dynamics within AmeriPlan, from the company owners all the way down to the newest Benefit Consultant. Although we're dispersed nationwide, there are always teambuilding/learning opportunities such as video teleconferences, recorded training calls, in-person conferences held in various cities around the country, etc.

Cons

My only complaint so far was the lack of mentorship and genuinity from my sponsor. She sent the obligatory emails and called me once, but it was all scripted. She was even in a rush to get off the phone after SHE called ME. I believe, however, it was because she is a National Vice President and just simply doesn't have time to deal with new recruits.

13 people found this review helpful
  3. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Wonderful company for people unable to work in public

May 13, 2015 - Independent Business Owner in Owings Mills, MD
    Business Outlook

Pros

the team is awesome, training is easy to do with all the material, the conference calls are always fun and knowledgeable and the compensation is great

Cons

you have to work very hard to get enough people every month and you have to make a lot of calls but i know alot of people like making calls so that's half and half pro and con

28 people found this review helpful
  4. 2.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Work From Home Scam

Jun 8, 2013 -
    Business Outlook

Pros

I responded to an online “job posting” and received a very slick automated reply. However, it went into some detail about the company's products and business model, which is generally not the case with other 'work at home' schemes I've investigated. I replied with a few questions, and received a prompt response which answered all my questions completely and without deceit. Here's what I learned: Recruits are obliged to buy a $20 annual subscription to online company support. You are also required to cough up a monthly fee which will dictate the commissions received on member recruitment and product sales. That fee STARTS at $50/month.

Cons

While I applaud them for being straightforward and transparent, an employer should pay the employee – not the other way around. The other way around is about as sketchy as it gets. If you jump into this and get burned, it's your own fault.

57 people found this review helpful
  5. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

People that say negative things didn't put forth the effort!

Jun 3, 2014 - IBO
    Business Outlook

Pros

This truly is a legitimate work from home opportunity. The pay is great and there is an awesome sense of team. It is not something that you can sign up for and then think everything will just fall in your lap. It is your business which means you have to put forth the effort to run it. Anything worth having doesn't come easy. That being said, Once you sign up they give you every tool that you need to be successful. If you fail it is because you didn't give it the effort it requires. I don't see how people can say it is misleading. If you actually listen to the training calls, one of the ladies says plain as day "give yourself 1 year" Most successful businesses take at least 3-5 years to be considered successful. This business isn't for everyone, but that doesn't make it a scam.

Cons

There are cons to every job. Non so horrible to mention.

3 people found this review helpful
  6. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Recruiter/Trainer

Sep 23, 2015 - Recruiter/Trainer in Schaumburg, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Large company that has been around for years, everyone works well together and is real helpful. since the economy has fallen apart and so many people can't afford insurance, it's nice to have a discounted medical/dental program to help bring the costs down.

Cons

None, very happy with the company

27 people found this review helpful
  7. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Sales Leadership

Sep 28, 2018 - Sales Leadership Associate
    Business Outlook

Pros

Able to work from home

Cons

Major learning curves. You are supposed to be selling medical/dental plans when really you are just recruiting recruiting an yes, COLD calls are a thing with Ameriplan.

13 people found this review helpful
  8. 1.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Sneaky misrepresentation, NOT an insurance policy

Feb 26, 2015 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Looks like a great opportunity..........at first. Seems like a good way to work from home. Residual income if you can make it with this company and are good at deceiving people into thinking they are getting something beneficial.

Cons

Typical MLM B.S. They hook you by offering an opportunity to "own your own business" and then introduce the product you will be selling. At first glance it looks like an awesome health insurance plan/program but if you read the fine print you'll see it is not insurance at all. In addition, the associates/business owners advertise on Craigslist in the "jobs" category so many people, like me, are looking for work but instead are solicited to be a part of nothing more than a multi level marketing scheme. It is shameful to profit off others attempt to find gainful employment, In my opinion, ALL MLM's should be outlawed as they all are the same. Shoddy overpriced products and misleading "opportunities."

63 people found this review helpful
  9. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

I love my job with AmeriPlan®

Jun 7, 2014 - IBO in Scottsdale, AZ
    Business Outlook

Pros

After spending 30+ years in the corporate world I've found my freedom to work when i want and earn a living doing it. The atmosphere is amazing with the support I receive from everyone I associate with in the company. So far I have been rewarded for my efforts and reaching for more as i grow my residual income that come each and every month.

Cons

Most people who get involve doesn't have the passion it takes to appreciate the opportunity they have by only finding it difficult to get the job done. It's not easy so the only thing people who can't do it holler at the tops of their voice SCAM. What a shame!!

10 people found this review helpful
  10. 1.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

My experience working for this company was a awful.

Mar 10, 2015 - Benefit Specialist in San Antonio, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Work from home online The use of Phone and Internet Flexible Hours

Cons

Applying for the job was a joke, Had to call a number to learn about job position and it wasn't even a the description of the job but to get job seekers to PAY MONEY to AmeriPlan. They want the job seekers to get the AmeriPlan Health Plan first THEN be able to work. She explains why AmeriPlan is good for people and doesn't even explain how to get the job. Tells people to pay a sum of money to start a branch buisness for AmeriPlan. Have to use OWN MONEY to invest in the Buisness. A FRAUD THIS IS A WORK FROM HOME SCAM People who put up 'Work From Home for AmeriPlan' is fake, they want your money and that is how they gain their money. Instead I joined the FBI

111 people found this review helpful