America's Best Contacts & Eyeglasses Reviews | Glassdoor

America's Best Contacts & Eyeglasses Reviews

Found 268 reviews

2.8
L. Reade Fahs
Pros
  • "Once a year they give you either a years worth of free contacts or a new pair of glasses for free(in 8 reviews)

• "Free pair of prescription glasses every year(in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • "Low pay and No chance at Over-time(in 18 reviews)

• "Their direct boss thinks calling and harassing the customers for not buying two pairs of glasses is what we should do(in 5 reviews)

"Good COmpany to work for"

Current Employee - Elite Optician in Parker, CO

I have been working at America's Best Contacts & Eyeglasses full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

I currently work here, and I just recently Elite Optician Status back in October of 2018. They do have a good benefits package, however, because of my situation, I have to have outside insurance. I love what I do, and I love making a difference in peoples lives!

Cons

The pay could be better, and the commission scale for Elite Optician could be a bit better than 2%, it should be higher.

Advice to Management

Upgrade the computer systems and monitors, they are slower than molasses in January. The systems are out of date, and need to be upgraded badly!!

2. "Opportunity to promote"

Current Employee - Assistant Manager

Pros

Easy to learn, good work hours, closed sundays

Cons

alot of pressure to sale, no support

3. "learning experience"

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Miami, FL

I have been working at America's Best Contacts & Eyeglasses part-time for more than 4 years

Pros

the manager was very lenient with my school schedule . the staff was friendly.

Cons

I didn't feel like I was protected when it came to angry customers, at times had to fend for myself even in the midst of management.

Advice to Management

management isn't just about solving product related issues with customers, its also about creating a safety net for the people who work for you as well.

4. "Pay is low and management could be better"

Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at America's Best Contacts & Eyeglasses full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

Free glasses or contacts yearly. PTO hours are plenty.

Cons

Work EVERY weekend. Time management... too many appointments booked in one day which is very bad for patient's waiting times. Pay is very poor for the amount of work you have to do.

Advice to Management

Give people every other weekend off....it may just increase the morale

5. "Do Not Recommend"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waldorf, MD

I worked at America's Best Contacts & Eyeglasses full-time for more than a year

Pros

None. I was relieved to leave.

Cons

Even as a receptionist who did not make commission like the opticians did, I was still expected to try to oversell to customers. Also, we had to convince/trick patients into taking an extra test during pre-screening that cost an extra $15.

6. "Used to be good- once company went public-all down hill"

Current Employee - Licensed Dispensing Optician

I have been working at America's Best Contacts & Eyeglasses full-time for more than 6 years

Pros

decent starting pay as licensed optician, build up paid time off very rapidly

Cons

Although company NEVER wants to hear it, every location I have ever worked at( and I have filled in, in a lot of locations) is UNDERSTAFFED!!!! I get the capitalist corporate mantra, cut hours, raise minimum selling standards and serious yearly sales budget increases( I get it, but totally disagree with it) I just feel lost at times, seeing so many potential dollars walk out the door because they don’t give the proper...

Advice to Management

Appropriate and staff stores correctly given current payroll

7. "Great atmosphere it depends on the location"

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Atlanta, GA

Pros

Very fun people to work with… You get a raise every year. They give you a lot of time off at the start of hire.

Cons

Very fun people to work with… You get a raise every year

Advice to Management

Incentive change and goals change… Goals may increase but your incentives to reach those goals decrease

8. "Management Needs Work"

I have been working at America's Best Contacts & Eyeglasses full-time

Pros

Bonuses once a month of goals are met

Cons

Poor management. False Promises Better Leadership

• "General Manager"

Former Employee - General Manager

I worked at America's Best Contacts & Eyeglasses full-time for more than 6 years

Pros

Decent PTO, that’s about it

Cons

50 hour work weeks. No assistance from DM. In busy stores doctors see two patients every 10 minutes! A lot of harping on getting customer service up, but we get run ragged by the volume. No real training or assistance from corporate. This company burns out the employees who care, and gives small raises when you get one at all. Ambest makes it almost impossible for a GM to bonus once your store hits a plateau.

Advice to Management

Work harder on retaining employees. I lost several to other opticals who offered better pay and better hours. Stop expanding so quickly, and fix the stores you already have.

• "They will promise everything and grant nada"

Current Employee - Optician in Duluth, GA

I have been working at America's Best Contacts & Eyeglasses full-time for more than a year

Pros

You get free glasses

Cons

Everything, management, poor training, no weekends off

Found 268 reviews