American Access Casualty Company Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Bright Future Ahead"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Downers Grove, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Downers Grove, IL

I have been working at American Access Casualty Company full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

• Very professional environment; business casual dress code
    • Training was sufficient for my role (experienced in my field)
    • Free bagels on Fridays are a nice treat
    • Great onboarding experience
    • Choose my own hours (to some extent)
    • Manager & co-workers have been great
    • Great 401(k)
    • Benefits are reasonably priced- industry trend is shifting towards more costs on the insured but the premiums and plans are reasonable
    • Various activities for employee engagement

Cons

I have not experienced any cons yet. What I have read on other reviews is frustrations in working in the customer service realm, which would be rather challenging- you are not dealing with the most pleasant people at times BUT that comes with the territory. I am in IT and my experience with the company has been very positive to date. Don’t judge the company on the reviews from customer service alone. This company has been growing and with that growth comes some growing pains.

Advice to Management

Listen to the frustrations from the front end employees, they are equally a stakeholder as the agents & customer base for the overall success of the company.

2. "Do not take this job. You will be miserable and end up quitting within a year."

Former Employee - Associate Underwriter
    Former Employee - Associate Underwriter

I worked at American Access Casualty Company full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Free breakfast on Fridays. Free coffee and clean office.

Cons

Training was short and confusing. Non-stop work that gets overwhelming. Management was condescending when you didn't know something or asked questions.

Advice to Management

Have a better training method and hire more people to relieve stress of your employees.

"Most unprofessional job I've ever had!"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative In "Fast Track Zone" in Oakbrook Terrace, IL

I worked at American Access Casualty Company full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Hmm, some say free bagels on Friday??? Is that because salary is so UNFAIR that paying for a bagel on Friday isn't possible? Only pro is bathrooms are kept clean. Good job cleaning crew.

Cons

Where do I start? Unless you plan on having a panic attack before , during and after work. I suggest looking elsewhere, I took this job a few years back due no one else was hiring. In 20+ years of working in cust serv, hands down WORST company ever to work for. Pay is for high school kids or no diploma, management looks miserable then take it out on employees. 85% of insurance cust base is Hispanic so you probably won't get hired if you dont speak it. Customers were nice but most didnt have US licences. Food really? Keep it n offer better pay. No 401k when I was there. So if you can find better even at corner McDonalds I would there first. Good luck though. Why do think turnover rate is SO high?? CEO doesn't crack a smile or say much to employees. Training was a joke, "read this n then just do it". BTW dont mind supervisor yelling at your coworker while your on phone with client or agency. Lol.

Advice to Management

Best advice? Actually give a crap about your employees and please dont play favorites likes its high school. Actually just scrap it all and start over or sell to a company who wants to provide premier customer experience.

4. "Supervisor"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Downers Grove, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Downers Grove, IL

I worked at American Access Casualty Company full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Money okay, lots of food

Cons

Terrible working conditions
    To much volume
    To high of goals set
    Phony Management leadership
    You must work extra

Advice to Management

Change whole up staff

5. "FTZ Cusotmer Service"

I worked at American Access Casualty Company full-time

Pros

Free breakfast on fridays, fun events, great pay and benefits

Cons

Management not on same page, so much micromanaging, there is favoritism, terrible training, forget about having a life if you're night shift.

Advice to Management

Please try to keep on the same track as other surpervisors. Not a lot of people benefit if one tells you one then and then another supervisor says differently. Also please fix your training. Throwing people on the floor with little knowledge is not going to help.

6. "We Take Care of Our Own"

I have been working at American Access Casualty Company full-time

Pros

Operates With Class 401K match

Cons

Understaffed & High Turnover Rate

Advice to Management

Employee Retention = Steady PayScale At Market Value

"FTZ Customer Service"

Former Employee - Fast Track Zone Representative in Downers Grove, IL
    Former Employee - Fast Track Zone Representative in Downers Grove, IL

I worked at American Access Casualty Company full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Coworkers are friendly, Free Breakfast every Friday and a monthly company luncheon, and great starting pay and benefits, free gym membership.

Cons

They conduct poor inadequate training and just throw you on the work floor and expect for you to know what to do in as little as 5 days. Upper management expects for you to pick up on their slack. There's very heavy micro-management which makes if hard for you to focus on your own work without someone breathing down your neck. Everytime you ask for help, management including some team leads will give you a reaction as if you should already know what to do and to not ask them for any help. This makes it seems as if they're required to help only because it's their job to and they get paid to do it. With that being said, unless you enjoy working in a highly challenging and stressful sweatshop environment.......this job is not for you.

Advice to Management

Please visit or research other call centers on how they precede with training protocol and policy and revise your training methods. American Access has one of the worst training and I'm suprised a few agents manage to catch on to the way they work. Also some of you supervisors and team leads need to get fired. Upper management is very sloppy and is quick to call out on an employees "lack of work" when most of them are lacking themselves.

8. "FTZ"

Pros

They offer a OT. Staff is nice and friendly

Cons

They need more people. Work can get overwhelming

9. "CLAIMS ADJUSTER"

Pros

There is ability to learn if you wish to learn

Cons

Helping others more when its not given in return

10. "Ok..."

Pros

I loved the people I worked with. They made stressful times easier to deal with

Cons

Heavy work load and no work/life balance