American Addiction Centers Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated April 22, 2019

2.8
Michael Cartwright

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "You do get to help people, which is nice" (in 18 reviews)

• "Company provided health insurance for employee" (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • "Sometimes upper management can be a bit disconnected from the realities of working with this population" (in 16 reviews)

• "I Hear the call center compared to jail multiple times a day" (in 8 reviews)

"Collaborative Environment, True Team Players"

Current Employee - Director in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Director in San Diego, CA

I have been working at American Addiction Centers full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The co-workers and managers are all great to work with. Lots of energy and exciting new projects underway.

Cons

Some negative media attacks against our company portray us in an inaccurate light, which is frustrating for morale.

Advice to Management

Invest in mentorship and career development of current staff to decrease turnover.

Apr 18, 2019 – Reputation Management Coordinator

Thank you for taking the time to share your employment experience with American Addiction Centers, San Diego office. The media is an essential component in helping us to communicate to the public... More

2. "Supportive and Pleasant Work Environment"

Current Employee - Business Development Marketing Specialist in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Business Development Marketing Specialist in New York, NY

I have been working at American Addiction Centers full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The co-workers and managers are positive and excellent to work with. Everyone is upbeat and excited about the work they're completing. Employee benefits are great and healthcare is free.

Cons

Some of the facilities under American Addiction Centers have less than a 4.0 rating on google.

"Great Atmosphere/Great culture"

Current Employee - Technical Project Manager in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Technical Project Manager in San Diego, CA

I have been working at American Addiction Centers full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great Atmosphere, feels like a start up but has the perks and structure of a big company, everyone helps each other, has a real team philosophy where we all push for the success of the team.

Cons

Company went through a shake up a few years ago that lasted up until December. So there is still a lot of wounds that are healing in terms of morale but for the most, this is the best atmosphere this space has experienced in years.

Advice to Management

Continue to develop structure with all processes

Apr 18, 2019 – Reputation Management Coordinator

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback of American Addiction Centers San Diego, CA office! Our company has recently experienced significant structural changes that impacted many... More

"High energy and collaborative environment to work in."

Current Employee - Account Executive in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in San Diego, CA

I have been working at American Addiction Centers full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I think at AAC, particularly in the marketing department, there's a lot of opportunity to diversify your skill set. You are not defined by your title. You have the ability involve yourself in different projects and opportunities not necessarily specific to your job function. You just have to seek out those opportunities and involve yourself in the conversation.

I personally have had the opportunity to experiment on several different fronts to figure out where I can be the most impactful.

Cons

In my tenure there have been some harder times. There was a rocky transition period as Recovery Brands was acquired by AAC. There was a massive change in ideals and priorities and I believe the culture suffered as a result. I believe that is well past us now though.

Advice to Management

My advice to management would be to continue hiring top talent and investing in our people. The new energy, enthusiasm, and ideas in the office have me excited to be in the office every morning.

Truthfully, the first quarter of 2019 has me more hopeful than ever about AAC and what we can accomplish. I'm happy to be a part of this place.

Apr 18, 2019 – Reputation Management Coordinator

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your employment experience with American Addiction Centers, San Diego office. We strive to offer an environment that enables our employees to grow... More

"Great Company - Values Employees"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I have been working at American Addiction Centers full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The employees of AAC are truly phenomenal - my colleagues and the executive staff are so wonderful to work with. As an employee, I feel valued and respected by all staff, regardless of seniority or superiority. The management team and supervisors are so flexible and accommodating. Hard work is valued, appreciated, and recognized, and therefore rewarded accordingly. It is truly a joy coming to work every day!

Cons

The company recently underwent significant restructuring changes that were necessary for continued growth and development. As a result, the company has been in a period of transition, to which they are still adjusting and acclimating.

Apr 18, 2019 – Reputation Management Coordinator

"Cares for their employees and clients"

Current Employee - Outreach Associate
    Current Employee - Outreach Associate

I have been working at American Addiction Centers full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Empathy for their clients; quick follow up and response time; great managers who don't micromanage

Cons

Health insurance coverage isn't great

Apr 19, 2019 – Reputation Management Coordinator

Thank you for taking the time to reflect on your employment with American Addiction Centers. We are very passionate about the field of addiction and we work hard to help those struggling with... More

"Change is good for new opportunity"

Current Employee - Developer in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Developer in San Diego, CA

I have been working at American Addiction Centers full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Stephen Ebbett is a great leader. I have never met a leader who promotes transparency and goes above and beyond his role to make sure internal problem taken care of properly. There is a lot of growth opportunity here, especially with new management providing a small company feel.

Cons

It is true that there has been some restructuring in the Marketing department with a new Chief of Marketing and Sales. As with any company in restructuring state, there are pains. Where there is disarray there will be a chance to seize more opportunity for growth and development. Definitely, the onboarding process needs some work as training is poorly managed.

Advice to Management

Provide more growth opportunity and employee development. Providing more 1:1 growth meeting with supervisors and standardized processes that strictly include a quality control process can better incentivize developers who want to grow. In order to make sure the quality is conserved throughout the company, optimize internal company processes. General marketing direction is good as a whole but the internal processes like onboarding can be made more efficient if processes are standardized so that there is more accountability.

Apr 19, 2019 – Reputation Management Coordinator

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience as an American Addiction Centers employee. We truly value your feedback and are assessing our onboarding process for areas of... More

"Stay Back ! Do not enter this place"

Former Employee - Treatment Navagotor in Brentwood, TN
    Former Employee - Treatment Navagotor in Brentwood, TN

I worked at American Addiction Centers full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The company Mission is beautiful

Cons

The execution of mission is horrible, bad management, limited direction, very unrealistic business model, turn over is astronomical, unqualified individuals in key positions.

Advice to Management

For the sake of Michael's original mission resign and take your friends with you and lets start over.

Apr 19, 2019 – Reputation Management Coordinator

Thank you for taking the time to share your employment experience with American Addiction Centers. We appreciate the feedback you shared regarding our mission - our mission serves to guide us in our... More

9. "Disorganize/Unprofessional"

I have been working at American Addiction Centers part-time

Pros

Does not exist anymore.

Cons

Payment period to employees got worst. Compensations were not given every two-week. They wanted to pay employees 1- 2 months their paychecks. You have to be really desperate to work for this company. The entire organization is disorganized and unprofessional. Overall, I would not suggest working here.

"Marketing Department in Disarray"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I worked at American Addiction Centers full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There is a total reorganization of the department going on, presenting opportunities for growth if you can prove your worth.

Cons

Understaffed and lack of strategic direction.