American Addiction Centers Reviews

Updated Jun 15, 2020

3.1
American Addiction Centers Chairman & CEO Michael Cartwright (no image)
Michael Cartwright
Pros
  • "You can help people in great need and trully save lives(in 20 reviews)

• "Good benefits if you're given full time(in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • "When I first started at AAC I felt that I was truly helping vulnerable members of our society get the care they needed(in 20 reviews)

• "Lack of communication from upper management(in 17 reviews)

1. "Working at Desert Hope had its highs and lows."

5.0

I worked at American Addiction Centers

Pros

Got to help a lot of people! Loved my co-workers!

Cons

High overturn in Management. Company closed two local facilities and reduced overhead cost by lowering pay, which meant letting go of some highly qualified, experienced, and respected people. Lots of current employees leaving fearing that the financial instability of the company will mean future closure of Desert Hope. Lots of changes.

January 13, 2020Reputation Management Coordinator

Hello and thank you for taking the time to share your employment experience with us! We are grateful for our talented, professional, and supportive employees. We wish you the best in your future employment opportunities.

2. "understaffed"

Former Employee - Behavioral Health Technician

I worked at American Addiction Centers full-time for less than a year

Pros

easy to move up and great atmosphere

Cons

not enough staff to take care of the clients effectively. 1 tech for ever 25 clients

July 2, 2020Reputation Management Coordinator

Hello and thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback. Please know that we comply with state and national laws regarding staff to patient ratio. We wish you well in your next employment opportunity.

"Decent Pay - Intense Work Load"

Former Employee - Lead Therapist

I worked at American Addiction Centers full-time for more than a year

Pros

Pay is at least industry standard; nice facilities; free meals; work can be tremendously rewarding

Cons

Intense workload often requiring 50+ hour weeks; high burnout risk; ethically ambiguous client retention practices; sometimes chaotic work environment; work can be disheartening at times

July 2, 2020Reputation Management Coordinator

Hello and thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback. We would appreciate the opportunity to learn more about your concerns and kindly ask that you provide any additional detail here https://secure.ethicspoint.com/domain/media/en/gui/43923/index.html.

"Just don't."

2.0
    Former Employee - Admissions in Brentwood, TN

I worked at American Addiction Centers full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Pay. That's literally as that's ok.

Cons

Micromanaged Sell or be fired Quotas too high No transparency Certain reps get fed leads Others are taking junk calls with same quotas. Life sucked out of the room by all the rules Unhappy people Sometimes we didn't get paid on time Type A management Just don't work here Just don't.

July 2, 2020Reputation Management Coordinator

Hello and thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback. We are sorry to hear you did not appreciate your employment with us and we wish you the best in future endeavors.

"Eh.."

2.0
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brentwood, TN

I worked at American Addiction Centers part-time for more than a year

Pros

Great coworkers and managers who really care about the clients.

Cons

After the pay plan changed everything went downhill . Compensation cut in half and unrealistic expectations to even qualify for sales bonus.

July 2, 2020Reputation Management Coordinator

Hello and thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback. We are sorry to hear you were dissatisfied with your employment experience, we wish you well in future employment opportunities.

6. "A Solid Place to Work"

4.0
    Former Employee - Senior SEO Manager in San Diego, CA

I worked at American Addiction Centers full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

This applies to the Marketing Department - Great coworkers - Approve of the CMO - Mission driven - A forward thinking group - The team knows what they are doing - Nice office space and perks

Cons

- There have been two rounds of layoffs and I had to see some of the most talented people in the industry let go. - Executive leadership has had some growing pains and made mistakes in the past

March 2, 2020Reputation Management Coordinator

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and employment experience with us!

"Instability"

Former Employee - Laboratory in Brentwood, TN

I worked at American Addiction Centers full-time for more than a year

Pros

The company has a good mission.

Cons

Financially unstable, treat their employees like salesman, and poor communication throughout the company.

July 2, 2020Reputation Management Coordinator

Thank you for taking the time to share this feedback. We wish you well in future employment endeavors.

8. "Behavioral Health Technician"

4.0

I worked at American Addiction Centers

Pros

Making a difference in people's lives

Cons

Job eliminated during consolidation of assets

January 14, 2020Reputation Management Coordinator

Hello and thank you for taking the time to share your employment experience with us. We are pleased to hear you valued the difference we make in our patients' lives - we are grateful to have such dedicated, supportive staff!

"Surprised the lights are still on"

1.0
    Current Employee - Marketing in San Diego, CA

I have been working at American Addiction Centers full-time for more than a year

Pros

Working here used to be a pleasure. Recent actions by management and leadership have completely overshadowed whatever it was I used to appreciate about working here.

Cons

At the end of the day all that matters is dollars and cents in an office with no upward mobility in spite of massive layoffs every year.

February 3, 2020Reputation Management Coordinator

Hello and thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts as a former employee with American Addiction Centers. We are sorry to hear you did not enjoy your employment experience with us. We would appreciate the opportunity to learn more and kindly ask that you contact us directly at hrcorporate@ContactAAC.com, we look forward to hearing from you.

"Let's Get Real"

1.0
    Former Employee - Marketing Associate in San Diego, CA

I worked at American Addiction Centers full-time for more than a year

Pros

Honestly, there are no real pros left to mention at this point, despite what these planned overly-glowing reivews posted en masse on the same dates from San Diego and New York "employees" want you to believe.

Cons

Too many"no cons here-everything's perfect" reviews and too many gaslighting responses from "HR" to honest feeedback, The marketing offices have senior "yes" managers who are too scared of losing their jobs to do the right thing. Executive leadership are even worse. Most hand off thier work to staff who make a quarter of their salaries. The truth is AAC ruined a company that was helping patients to find good treatment centers that werent AAC centers. AAC Michael Cartright hates competition so he buys companies that do better than his company and he chokes the life out of them. Look how many treatment centers hes closed! He doesnt care about employees and he doesn't care about patients. It's greedy heads in beds or you're fired. We were lied to about everything from salary cuts to massive layoffs. For a company that's broke and can't present a budget on time, they still spendta sick amount of money on things like a giant new office and catering for a tiny number of staff, private jets and flights, and hiring of unqualified friends for pointless leadership roles that paid 6figures and hiring new graduates with no experience and paying pennies.

February 3, 2020Reputation Management Coordinator

Hello and thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts as a former employee of American Addiction Centers. We are sorry to hear you feel this way and did not enjoy your employment experience with us. We wish you fell in future employment opportunities.

Found 222 reviews