What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Some coworkers a great" (in 73 reviews)
- "Great people around your office and stores" (in 69 reviews)
- "Relaxed work environment, unless you know theres two of you working and 15 teenagers walk in at once." (in 23 reviews)
- "Worked with great staff in stores." (in 20 reviews)
- "Only pro I can think of is the 50% off discount and occasionally some free clothing." (in 19 reviews)
- "Poor management and definitely disorganized" (in 109 reviews)
- "Pay is low and sale staff is not allowed to work overtime." (in 84 reviews)
- "Hours dirty stock room and managers r rude and elitist" (in 38 reviews)
- "The upper management was almost incompetent." (in 37 reviews)
- "Long hours but rewarding in the end when you're ahead of the curve in this industry." (in 37 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of American Apparel and is not affected by filters.
- Race / Ethnicity
- Sexual Orientation
- Parent or Family Caregiver
- Veteran Status
Found 1,066 of over 1K reviews
Updated Sep 21, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- 5.0Jan 3, 2023ProductionFormer Employee
The company closed in 2016, but I worked there from 2005 - 2014. It was great to work. I was able to learn many skills and it helped me get grab jobs due to my skills ever since.
Since we did everything in-house - sometimes projects would get dropped on us - the company was very face paced.
American Apparel Reviews FAQs
American Apparel has an overall rating of 2.4 out of 5, based on over 1,088 reviews left anonymously by employees. 21% of employees would recommend working at American Apparel to a friend and 7% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -20% over the last 12 months.
21% of American Apparel employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated American Apparel 1.6 out of 5 for work life balance, 2.1 for culture and values and 2.1 for career opportunities.