American Association of Critical Care Nurses Reviews | Glassdoor

American Association of Critical Care Nurses Reviews

Updated April 26, 2017

CEO

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Aliso Viejo, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Aliso Viejo, CA

I have been working at American Association of Critical Care Nurses full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people who work here and the nurses we serve are what makes this place so great! A lot of people have been here for 15+ years which, when deciding to join the organization, spoke volumes about the kind of place this is to work. There has also been a lot of growth with lots of new people joining all the time....and they stick around too! I have the best medical benefits I've ever had in my career, great matching 401k, flexible schedule options, telecommuting options, and a management team that genuinely cares for the well being of their staff. Since we advocate healthy work environment standards for our nurses, we must also practice what we preach, and for the most part we do.

Cons

It's not the most creative environment but what it lacks in creativity, it more than makes up for in stability and benefits. Sometimes decisions can take a long time to make but it's usually due to the thoughtfulness that goes into everything we do. We serve the nursing community and their patients and we have to get it right.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. The people who value this type of environment will stay and those who don't will move on.

2. "Bad Management"

Pros

There are some talented people that are great to work with.

Cons

The mostly female atmosphere makes it open to a lot of mean girls clubs. The management was weak. They literally told us no one would ever get the highest possible yearly raise. That was strange. We had to spend weeks doing evaluations of ourselves for our yearly reviews. 10 plus page documents that took weeks away from our work to complete, it was ridiculous.

3. "Unmotivated employees and managers"

Current Employee - Customer Care Representative in Aliso Viejo, CA
    Current Employee - Customer Care Representative in Aliso Viejo, CA

I have been working at American Association of Critical Care Nurses full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

If you like to stay under the radar, this company is for you. The 401k match is really nice. The people that work there are also nice. There are no goals or deadlines. You can get away with doing the bare minimum without anyone knowing.

Cons

The managers are out of touch with the corporate world. They've been working there for 15+ years and don't know anything else. The company is afraid of change so they have been stuck in the same place for many years. Employees will always get the lowest rating at the end of the year. Pay is extremely low compared to other companies. There is zero room for advancement because the old dinosaurs that have those positions refuse to leave. Their interview process was more difficult than the actual day to day tasks. The processes are old. The employees are old. The managers are old. The company's culture is old.

Advice to Management

Bring in younger talent to replace the "old" ways. The directors and managers don't have the skills to lead and motivate their departments.

"A lot of busy work,no substance."

Former Employee - Specialist in Laguna Niguel, CA
    Former Employee - Specialist in Laguna Niguel, CA

I worked at American Association of Critical Care Nurses full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

401k match was good up to 6%

Cons

Leadership was horrible. Extreme lack of integrity in directors.

5. "Best place to work in Orange County"

Pros

Family-friendly, casual atmosphere. Mission driven work. Great people. Great benefits. Many employees have worked here for decades, but size has grown in recent years to add a lot of new people.

Cons

South county, not very exciting area. Slightly lower $ compensation than you might make elsewhere. Small organization, not for corporate ladder climbers

Advice to Management

Keep doing great job.

"New technology old skills"

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Aliso Viejo, CA
    Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Aliso Viejo, CA

I worked at American Association of Critical Care Nurses as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Good company but IT team is stuck with bad management

Cons

IT database employee resists new technology and have hard time learning new technology. No overtime pay but workload is more than 8 hours a day. You don't get to estimate an assignment. You will be given a timeframe to finish the assignment.

Advice to Management

good luck

"You will love the member-customers, be wary of management's veneer of open communication or morays and norms."

Former Employee - Projects in Aliso Viejo, CA
    Former Employee - Projects in Aliso Viejo, CA

Pros

Serve the critical care nurses (the members) and become a part of the honorable work of improving patient care in critical care units across the nation. All of society benefits from the service and education of this constituency. The critical care nurses are really the unsung heroes of today's health care system and are individuals with great integrity and high ideals who function in organizations/hospitals who may not adhere to the same level of ethical standards.

Cons

The dissonance between the espoused values and norms of the organization and practice resides at the nexus of Earth and Pluto. They tend to reorganize departmental functions and tasks frequently, basing their decisions upon favored individual manager's preferences for certain responsibilities. The outcomes of these reorganizations which occur two to three times a year, disassemble effective flow processes lowering staff productivity, performance and results. The compensation is much lower than other organizations of parity.

Advice to Management

Please listen to the staff who are the implementors of programs on a day to day basis. Do not entertain negative or give weight to comments about staff from other staff without a full assessment of all the facts, and underlying motivations. Consider that you are in a cycle of collectively reinforcing your own hubris(unintentional though it maybe). Ask yourselves why such a high percentage of your staff go to the EAP therapists to try and restore their dignity and cope.