American Auction Company Reviews | Glassdoor

1. "Well......."

Former Employee - Events in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Events in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at American Auction Company full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Some of my favorite things about working for this company was the challenge and the productivity throughout the day, constantly learning something new and always having something to do.

Cons

Some of the things I did not like about working there was the rumors and gossip people loved to spread around, it was always something and it got old fast. Couldn't trust anyone with so much as a simple answer to "How are you?".

Advice to Management

Better communication between departments.

2. "Owner is going to jail"

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at American Auction Company full-time (More than a year)

Pros

After working here for a year I can't think of a single reason why this was a good place to work other than I got a paycheck.

Cons

The owner Deb Weidenhamer is going to jail for fraud after being sued for $50,000,000. She ripped off customers and a few banks and is finally getting what she deserves after all the terrible things she's done to people.

Advice to Management

Good luck on finding a new job after this monster ruined your career.

"What goes around comes around"

I worked at American Auction Company full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The auction business is a fun business. You work with interesting clients and the exposure to products is awesome. I was able to see so many cool items you would rarely ever get a chance to see elsewhere.

Cons

The owner was a despicable vile woman. She was corrupt and promoted that culture throughout her business. She hired and promoted crooked underhanded managers and anyone with a conscious was not tolerated. If you weren't lying and figuring out how to screw consignors, you weren't towing the company line. Honest employees were berated and either fired or you had to leave to save your soul.

Advice to Management

I am so glad to see the owner and her right hand staff get what they deserved. Pride comes before the fall. The arrogant self serving nature that entire management team and the owner has landed them a 50 million dollar lawsuit settlement and have put them out of business. That couldn't have happened soon enough and she gets exactly what she deserves. Good bye forever Auction Systems aha American Auctions!

4. "The Most Important Rule: Have Fun!"

Former Employee - Ringman in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Ringman in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at American Auction Company part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Auctions are always a blast to work! The auctioneers are some of the best in the world and, when they get going with their cadence, the crowd starts having fun too. You get out what you put in as a ringman and it can be extremely rewarding when you are helping people experience the beauty of auctions.

Cons

Auction days can be somewhat long depending on how many items are on the block that day, but that is to be expected. High staff turnover, but the auction lifestyle isn't for everyone.

Advice to Management

Keep the competitive part-time pay and you will keep on attracting great talent! Advertise more opportunities for the part-time staff to join the full-time team.

"Auction Systems Employee and Auctioneer Accademy Gradute"

Current Employee - The Sign Guy in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - The Sign Guy in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at American Auction Company part-time

Pros

Auction Systems is a great atmsophere to experience in the Auction industry. Its leadership and Values are emmulated down to the newest employee. A great deal of effort is put into creating pride for your work place. This creates quality and motivated employees. Also outside of work Auction systems is changeing the game on a global perspective instilling its values and ethics industry wide. Auction systems also holds an auctioneer academy quarterly. This Academy places itself above other by instilling the purpose, direction and motovation for new Auctioneers to become succesfull and strive to be the best at there craft. Only the top Instructors in the industry will teach here and class sizes reamain 7-10 creating optimal learning envirement. Auction systems is a fortune 500 company becouse they deserve to be there and we all look forward for Auction systems to carry our industry to new heights and a bright future.

Cons

Your success in the auction industry is what you make of it.

"Values Mean Something"

Current Employee - Load Out in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Load Out in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at American Auction Company part-time (More than a year)

Pros

This is the best place I have ever worked for. The CEO wants to hear from all of us and I have never worked for a place that everyone who works there I would love to hang out with Understand the 10 values of the company does not just make you a better employee, but a better person.

Cons

More open in the communication department

Advice to Management

More communication with employees

"Satisfying and relaxed work environment and at the same time there are plenty of opportunities to learn and grow."

I have been working at American Auction Company full-time

Pros

I have been working at Auction Systems full-time for more than 2 years

During the time I have worked in this company it has been very positive, I have learned new things and Management is always motivating employees to continue growing in the professional field

Coworkers have very sense of humor and are respectful and helpful

Cons

I don't have any at this time.

Advice to Management

Always motivating to grow professionally

"Fair place to work"

Current Employee - Administration in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Administration in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at American Auction Company full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Values employees, great benefits, work with your schedule. Wants to motivate employees, embrace the employee goals. Has an auctioneer school that brings in people from the across the country.

Cons

Not a lot of room for advancement. Only position is if someone leaves a higher level position. Very little advancement for line level employees

"Great culture for employee growth and opportunities"

Current Employee - Hourly Employee in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Hourly Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at American Auction Company full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

This Company is growing in the US and the world. With a focus on culture, training, coaching for personal and business goals, and an emphasis on life/work balance with above average benefits and compensation, Auction Systems is the place to be and grow!!

Cons

I can not think of any

Advice to Management

Keep growing and keep listening!!

"Difficult"

I worked at American Auction Company full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Changing work environment, interesting people, auctions can be fun. The actual auctioneers were great.

Cons

Low pay, job expectations were a moving target, unreasonable owner, frequent weekend work. Good accounts were cherry picked and given to one employee. HEAVY turnover. Inconsistent company values. Frequently dealing with extremely dissatisfied customers, who for all intents and purposes, were right.

Advice to Management

If building an empire and being the Queen of that empire is the goal, then they have done a great job. If however, AS wants to make the company all it could be, they would be better served in putting aside their personal desires, and listening to, or hiring people who challenge their ideas. This could help make this company so much better. I enjoyed my time working there, but I am relieved that I moved on. Sometimes, principal is worth more than a job and a salary, even in this trying economic time.