KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

American Auto Shield Reviews

Updated May 13, 2022

Found 55 of over 55 reviews

3.8
American Auto Shield President & Owner Ted L. Terry (no image)
Ted L. Terry

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
    There are no cons to display at this time.
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of American Auto Shield and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Interview process

Apr 22, 2022 - Customer Service Representative in Jeff, IN
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good company with a great team

Cons

There is no cons in my opinion

Employee Engagement Specialist

We really appreciate your feedback. Thank you for all that you do!

2. 4.0

Decent company

May 9, 2022 - Claims Adjuster
    Business Outlook

Pros

At home position, computer is supplied by the company

Cons

Disorganized, high turn over rate, fast paced call center

3. 4.0

Current Employee Review

Apr 22, 2022 - Claims Team Lead
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible schedule, Career Opportunities, Company bonuses and gifts

Cons

Clear career path/goals, older systems

Employee Engagement Specialist

Thank you for your candid feedback. Our goal is to provide a great employee experience, so your feedback will help us to improve. Our Performance Management Team is working on developing a Career Pathway for our roles, so stay tuned for more info. We appreciate you and all that you do!

4. 1.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Claims Adjuster

May 13, 2022 - Claims Adjuster
    Business Outlook

Pros

The pay is ok for what you do.

Cons

The training process is severely inept ( I was told it was worse before). Just about everyone I met has been with the company 2 years or less. For a company founded in 2002 that should have been a red flag for me.

5. 3.0

Growing Company

Apr 1, 2022 - Recruiter
    Business Outlook

Pros

Wonderful organization and great growth opportunities. Team oriented environment.

Cons

Monstrous workload and wages aren't competitive for recruiters. My superior requires I CC them on emails, email information to them first for review before emailing to hiring managers and track every single metric. It signals that they do not fully trust my capability.

2 people found this review helpful

Employee Engagement Specialist

Thank you for providing us with positive feedback and an opportunity for improvement. We are sorry to hear that we are not meeting the mark in all areas of your employee satisfaction. It is imperative to know how our employees are impacted as we consider every piece of feedback received. We appreciate you taking the to share your experience with us. It is reviews like this that help us improve our employee experiences.

6. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

good place to work

Mar 21, 2022 - Mechanical Claims Adjuster in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

good benefits and good environment to work in.

Cons

The pay can be better

Employee Engagement Specialist

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate all you do on behalf of AAS!

7. 2.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Ok company

Mar 21, 2022 - Claims Adjuster in Denver, CO
    Business Outlook

Pros

Decent pay, work from home, set schedule

Cons

Stressful talking to shops, micromanagement, outdated process

1 person found this review helpful

Employee Engagement Specialist

Thank you for your candid feedback and all you do for AAS. I encourage you to take advantage of our open door policy and talk with your Team Lead or Supervisor on any ideas you have to improve processes, decrease stress and how you would like to be managed. We're always striving to improve, so we'd greatly appreciate any feedback or ideas you have.

8. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great Place to Work

Feb 17, 2022 - Senior Accountant in Denver, CO
    Business Outlook

Pros

Company, especially accounting department, acts like a family and works really well together. The pay band increased over my time there. Work from home for near all if not all departments. Accounting department is an amazing group to be apart of. The company is growing at an amazing pace.

Cons

Some topics you encounter in this industry can be quite complex and tedious to get to the bottom of.

Employee Engagement Specialist

Thank you for your feedback. We’re proud to be able to offer a remote working environment, a robust compensation package, and an incentive program. You’re right, we’re growing at an amazing pace and we see great things on the horizon here at AAS. We wish you the best of luck in your new position.

9. 2.0
    Former Employee

Okay job for work from home

Feb 21, 2022 - Confidential
    Business Outlook

Pros

Autonomy in some positions, always hiring, work from home.

Cons

Bad managers, work you very hard, no yearly raises, health insurance is too expensive, generally don’t care about workers

Employee Engagement Specialist

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We always strive to deliver a great employee and customer experience. We appreciate reviews like yours to help us improve our service, and we will use your feedback to continue to improve in the future.

10. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Best Decision Ever

Jan 14, 2022 - Vendor Support Specialist in Lakewood, CO
    Business Outlook

Pros

I started working here because I needed a job. I had no mechanical expertise but did have some call center experience. I never expected to like the job so much and be doing so well that I never want to leave. From day one the pay was great and company has always been willing to work with my schedule which is a real plus with a special needs little one with lots of doctors appointments. The best thing though is how far I have gotten in the 3 years I have been here. This company has valued me and my work ethic like no other. I feel like they really see the value in me and that has done so much for my confidence and happiness. I had no idea for a direction in my life but with this job I found a career.

Cons

If there is a con I would say it would have to be training. I will say it has gotten at least 60 times better then when I started but could still use some improvement. You can at least see the company trying to continuously improve which is great!

1 person found this review helpful

Talent Management Specialist

We appreciate all you do and we’re so glad that you’re on our team! We pride ourselves on promoting from within, so it’s good to hear that you’ve been able to move up and that you’ve found a career here at AAS. You’re right, our Learning and Development Team has come a long way in the last three years. We’re glad to see you’ve noticed the improvements we’ve made and want you to know we’ll continue to focus on finding ways to make it even better. We really appreciate your feedback and will share it with the Leadership Team.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 55 Reviews

American Auto Shield Reviews FAQs

American Auto Shield has an overall rating of 3.8 out of 5, based on over 55 reviews left anonymously by employees. 84% of employees would recommend working at American Auto Shield to a friend and 78% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 2% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, American Auto Shield employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.7 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at American Auto Shield. This rating has improved by 1% over the last 12 months.

84% of American Auto Shield employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated American Auto Shield 4.4 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.0 for culture and values and 4.3 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at American Auto Shield to be management, benefits, career development and the cons to be culture, workplace.

Popular Careers with American Auto Shield Job Seekers