American Auto Shield Reviews | Glassdoor

4.7
Ted L. Terry

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Fantastic Opportunity"

I have been working at American Auto Shield full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Entrepreneurial flavor with an inclusive and supportive culture. The company rewards commitment and hard work and strives to cultivate the best.

Cons

Tremendous growth in 2018, by nature causes some strain.

Advice to Management

Continue recognizing those that support the mission of the company.

2. "Great place"

Current Employee - Data Scientist in Golden, CO
    Current Employee - Data Scientist in Golden, CO

I have been working at American Auto Shield full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Chances for upward growth within the company. Good culture. Growing rapidly.

Cons

Training for lower level could be improved

3. "Great Company with Great Opportunities"

I have been working at American Auto Shield full-time

Pros

I have worked with AAS for 11 years now, they are a fantastic company to work with. They take such good care of their employees. American Auto Shield is a fast growing company so every day is a learning experience. Everyone is here to help you do better within the company even if that means one on one training classes to group training glasses. American Auto Shield gives anyone the opportunity to move up in the company. Best company all the way around!!!!

Cons

fast growing company means there are some crazy, busy some times stressful days. Which can also be a pro, fast busy days will make your day fly by.

4. "Great place to work, exciting opportunities"

I have been working at American Auto Shield full-time

Pros

Management is experienced and maintains a high level of staff interaction. Opinions are welcomed and affect the decisions of the company. I have many years of experience in my occupation, but only a year with American Auto Shield. I have a great manager who always accepts my input and together we work for the best solution to the problem. American Auto Shield respects an individual's work/home life balance and time flexibility for personal issues. There are many company events and celebrations which demonstrate their appreciation for each employee. The company has probably doubled in staff since I was hired last year.

Cons

Nothing major or systemic. Issues are dealt fairly by human resources. The benefits structure needs to be reviewed, in particular the amount of PTO time given includes personal time and sick time and is not adequate in my opinion. Other concern is the privacy of work due to small cubicle sizes.

Advice to Management

Review benefits and PTO structure. Include personal needs of employees when creating a physical work environment.

5. "Great company, great opportunity."

I have been working at American Auto Shield full-time

Pros

I have been working at AAS for over a year and it is without doubt the best company I have ever worked for. It could be a life changing opportunity for people who would like to achieve a great career.

Cons

Since the company is growing at such a fast pace there is a lot of moving around that is taking place to make room for new employees. This at times can seem frustrating to those that are not adaptable.

6. "Customer Service Representative"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Lakewood, CO
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Lakewood, CO

I have been working at American Auto Shield full-time (More than a year)

Pros

American Auto Shield is truly a company that looks out for its employees and wants them to be successful. There is always someone willing to educate you on the position you are in as well as educate you in all other areas of the company I’ve worked for American Auto Shield for nearly two years and have been impressed on how this company strives to appreciate every single employee I also love the fast that American Auto Shield promotes within and gives every employee the opportunity to move up in the company as it is continuously growing.

Cons

I Think the training can be improved with more hands on learning

7. "AAS Review"

I have been working at American Auto Shield full-time

Pros

I have worked at American Auto Shield for almost 5 years. The company has good growth. The management are helpful and knowledgeable in regards to the produce. The owner has taken the time to explain the growth and direction of company. The management is upfront with what is going on. My manager is a mentor. I have learned so much from him. The company advance from within when possible. The company treats everyone as a valued employee listening to ideas and implementing a lot of them. I feel like I am important to the company. I like the people I work with. We are team.
    The customer support is high on the companies list. The reps try to assist the customer as much as possible to come to a mutual agreement. I realize you cannot satisfy everyone but they try. Sometime this can be stressful the company has provided a quiet room those days.
    The company has a fun committee that works hard to make work a better place. Something they do, Cake, catered lunches, ice cream, the holiday parties, Soup day on snow days and the list goes on.
    The benefits are good.
    Bottom line. I like coming to work each day.

Cons

The company is growing so fast, in a good way, that sometimes it is hard to keep up. Which all the growth the family feeling may be lost.

8. "Great Company"

I have been working at American Auto Shield full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I have worked for American Auto Shield for 5 years. The company is very employee focused, and strives to make employees feel valued. Company has been growing, which has created several advancement opportunities for employees.

AAS also offers tuition reimbursement for employees who have been with the company for a year or more. I was able to use this benefit to help pay for my bachelor's degree.

Cons

At times it can be hard to keep up with the growth the company is going through.

9. "Administration Support"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lakewood, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lakewood, CO

I have been working at American Auto Shield full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good Work Environment
    Great People
    Opportunities for Advancement

Cons

Growing Company w/people changes and opportunities

Advice to Management

Continue Company's timely response to business staffing demands as Company grows

10. "Current Employee, over 8 years"

Current Employee - Full Time
    Current Employee - Full Time

I have been working at American Auto Shield full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I love that most of the employees have been here for so long. We all work together very well, its nice to come to work every day when you enjoy being around the people you work with. There is a reason why people stick around here!

Cons

Limited opportunities within the company to work from home.

Advice to Management

Cant remember the last time we had homemade breakfast for everyone, would be nice to bring that back again.