Cover image for American Auto Shield

3 stars

2 stars

1 star

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor

Pros
  • "They let you work from home which is great(in 15 reviews)
  • "The pay is good and there is opportunity for overtime if you want it.(in 11 reviews)
  • "The benefits are good.(in 7 reviews)
  • "If you want to work for deceptive management, this is the place!(in 5 reviews)
  • "Remote work Quarterly Bonuses Laid back at times Overtime during busy season ( typically from April to September)(in 4 reviews)
Cons
  • "The company has been eliminating or drastically downsizing on all non customer facing departments including but not limited to: quality assurance, legal, HR, training, ETC.(in 5 reviews)
  • "New CEO came in and changed everything since December 2022.(in 3 reviews)

Ratings by Demographics

Want more options?

This rating reflects the overall rating of American Auto Shield and is not affected by filters.

Verify your email to use filters. Having problems? Resend email

Supervisor
      Current Employee, more than 10 years
      Denver, CO
      Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits, PTO, paid sick time, good people, hard workers

Cons

Not the place to put that kind of information

Thank you for your review! We are thrilled to hear that you enjoy our comprehensive benefits, PTO, and paid sick time. We work hard to offer the best to our incredible employees and we thank you for all your hard work over the years. We appreciate all you do and thank you for your feedback!

Oct 20, 2023
        Business Outlook

Pros

Health benefits are excellent, plenty of PTO, sick time (that you’re discouraged to use but it’s there), company contribution to HSA and 401k, remote work for everyone who isn’t in Colorado or Missouri

Cons

The company has been eliminating or drastically downsizing on all non customer facing departments including but not limited to: quality assurance, legal, HR, training, ETC. They have put unrealistic expectations on supervisors and team leads as all departments eliminated roles are expected to be handled by your immediate supervisor. They allow people to leave early when phones are busy (letting 5 people leave early when there are only 5 idle employees) and then get mad when adjusters can’t get their work done. They don’t believe in giving raises, only bonuses but you have to earn the bonus and it’s almost impossible to earn (example if you’re on a call and can’t take your break on time they take money out of your bonus and if you clock out late because you’re on a call they dock your bonus). Speaking with supervisors does nothing because they’re so busy they don’t have time to listen and there’s no HR to complain to because they got rid of that department.

Thank you for your review. We strive to provide a top-tier environment for our employees and we are sorry to hear that we have not met your employee experience expectations. We take all feedback seriously and and will use your feedback to improve ourselves and our processes. We would also like to encourage you to utilize our open door policy and start a dialogue with your direct manager. Thank you for your feedback and for all you do for American Auto Shield.

2. Join the American Auto Shield team
        See Our Latest Jobs
          Nov 2, 2023
          Trainer
          Lakewood, CO
          Business Outlook

Pros

Nothing. Place is soul sucking every day with the new corporate policies implemented.

Cons

Unrealistic expectations. Take 40 calls a day as an adjuster? You people are insane. Don’t worry, they’ve cut 4-6 departments, and they’ll cut you too. They literally don’t care about you. I’d highly recommend a unionization effort at this point to protect your wages and roles. Do not work for this company. Questionable business practices and deceptive marketing with their sister company, CarShield.

Thank you for your valuable feedback. We are sorry to hear that your experience with American Auto Shield has not been a positive one. We care for our employees and take all feedback seriously. We will be sharing your feedback with upper management. We appreciate your review and would like to encourage you to utilize our open door policy and reach out to your direct manager, team lead, or HR to further express your concerns and opinions. Thank you for all you do.

Nov 14, 2023
            Training Supervisor
            Former Employee, more than 3 years
            Tucson, AZ
            Business Outlook

Pros

One of the greatest jobs and best places to work I ever had! Great engagement, recognition, people, culture, and so much opportunity for your own personal touch to shine! Really enjoyed the partnerships and relationships built!

Cons

New CEO came in and changed everything since December 2022. Morale started to struggle and more and more changes that affected the employees came. Lots of false statements and promises. Awesome hard working people have left as this company goes through more change. You could contribute tons of work and make great changes and you are still not safe. Very sad that no one has a voice anymore. Integrity failing.

Thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear about your experience at AAS. We appreciate your feedback and will use it to better our organization. Thank you for your review and we wish you the best.

Nov 17, 2023
              Former Employee, less than 1 year
              Oviedo, FL
              Business Outlook

Pros

Pay was ok for the work.

Cons

Weird schedule, long hours, poor operating system to process claims.

Thank you for takin the time to share your feedback. We are sorry to hear that we missed the mark on your employment expectations and will share your feedback with upper management. We appreciate your time and wish you the best in your future endeavors.

Oct 18, 2023
                Quality Analysis
                Former Employee, more than 3 years
                Business Outlook

Pros

Quarterly bonuses, use of coolet to use for gift cards etc, use thrive for those that had other health benefits

Cons

Dissolved departments left and right, no QA no development/training. Cut down HR dept, just trash since the new CEO came along

Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to hear that we missed the mark on your employee experience expectations. We’re always strive to improve our organization and will share your feedback with management. We appreciate your review and the opportunity to improve our business. We wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors.

Oct 30, 2023
                  Current Employee
                  Business Outlook

Pros

good team members to work with

Cons

their training then going to actually taking calls was completely different.

Thank you for your candid feedback. It is reviews like this that help us to continue to improve the employee experience. We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback and thank you for all you do for our organization.

Aug 14, 2023
                    Anonymous
                    Current Employee
                    Denver, CO
                    Business Outlook

Pros

It started off good. The Wellness benefit is awesome. Co-workers are nice and supportive.

Cons

It was recently announced that several dozen employees in the Denver area will need to return to the office 3 days a week. This includes many people who were hired as remote workers. The company is spending a ton of money to renovate the Denver office to make space for the return to office amid a couple rounds of layoffs this year. Morale is suffering because no one wants to work out of the office 3 days a week. The President, Steve Tosh, doesn't live or work in Denver and is not receptive to anyone's concerns about in-office work. Do not expect AAS to keep their promises. The health benefits are terrible for anyone with a family.

Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to hear that we are not meeting the mark in all areas of your employee satisfaction. It is imperative to know how our employees are impacted as we consider every piece of feedback received. We appreciate you taking the to share your experience with us. It is reviews like this that help us improve our employee experiences. We encourage you to share your thoughts and ideas with your supervisor. We appreciate your feedback and will share it with upper management.

Aug 24, 2023
                      Supervisor
                      Current Employee, more than 3 years
                      Colorado City, CO
                      Business Outlook

Pros

remote, (for some), decent pay

Cons

they really don't care how their employees feel. they have zero integrity and don't follow thru on what they promise. Remote, taking it away, bonuses, cut or removed, no stipend for at home workers, forcing people back to office without considering child care, automotive expenses.

Thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear that we have not met your employee experience expectations. We understand that the new opportunity for a hybrid work environment is not ideal for all employees and would encourage you to take advantage of our open door policy and start an open dialogue with your Team Lead or Supervisor. We assure you that all feedback is taken seriously and we will be sharing your review with our Leadership Team. We appreciate all you do for our organization.

Aug 26, 2023
                        Customer Service Representative
                        Indianapolis, IN
                        Business Outlook

Pros

Work from home is a plus

Cons

Leadership has no accountability at all. There are maybe 5 people who do a great job and keeps things fun. Otherwise it's full of leadership who clearly benefitted from nepotism. Then you have people who kiss butt that miss multiple days per week and yet are rewarded for it. Stay away!

Thank you for your candid feedback. We’re sorry to hear that we are not meeting your employment experience expectations. I would also like to encourage you to take advantage of our open door policy and start an open dialogue with your Team Lead, Supervisor, or HR. We will be sharing your feedback with our Leadership Team. Thank you for all you do for our organization.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 126 Reviews
                      </>Embed

American Auto Shield Reviews FAQs

American Auto Shield has an overall rating of 3.0 out of 5, based on over 126 reviews left anonymously by employees. 40% of employees would recommend working at American Auto Shield to a friend and 39% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -25% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, American Auto Shield employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.4 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at American Auto Shield. This rating has decreased by -10% over the last 12 months.

40% of American Auto Shield employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated American Auto Shield 3.5 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.0 for culture and values and 3.0 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at American Auto Shield to be management, career development, benefits and the cons to be senior leadership, culture.

Popular Careers with American Auto Shield Job Seekers

JobsSalariesInterviews

Want the inside scoop on your own company?

Join your Company Bowl™ for anonymous work chats.

Popular Conversations

Interview Tips

Customer Service

can you give me some tips on how to successfully pass an interview for a customer service job as a 17 years old?

0 Comments

HR Generalist

If asked what type of management style to you prefer? How do you feel about micromanagement? How do you answer this professionally? Nobody likes micromanagement so why ask? Maybe bc the manager there does?

2 Comments

Morgan Stanley

In an interview is it a good practice to draw examples for answering situational questions from the most recent and relevant experience or should I draw examples from other previous experiences as well?

0 Comments

Glassdoor has 126 American Auto Shield reviews submitted anonymously by American Auto Shield employees. Read employee reviews and ratings on Glassdoor to decide if American Auto Shield is right for you.