American Capital Group Reviews | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Lauren Limbaugh

1. "Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Pros

I really enjoy working here. They have been so flexible with my schedule and they understand what it means to have a job and a family. I really get a long with my boss and I love all of the company activities they provide for the employees. The kitchen is well stocked with snacks and drinks.

Cons

No cons worth noting for the time.

Advice to Management

Keep up the fun work environment!

"Great Company and Opportunity"

I have been working at American Capital Group full-time

Pros

ACG has been around for over 25 years, which makes for a stable company with numerous opportunities. Bonuses are consistently distributed to all employees. Construction is a difficult business, but they have made it through all the ups and downs while almost all other competitors are no longer in business. Upper management for construction definitey has a good handle on its department otherwise they too would be out of business. To make it in this industry you have to work hard and smart and that is what we do.

Cons

If you don't like structure or hardwork than this is not the company for you. If you like stability, job opportunity and working with a team this is the definitely the company for you.

Advice to Management

It is difficult to maintain company culture when you have strong growth so take the time for team building exercises. I really enjoyed the chili cook off contest and from what I have heard so did everyone else. I can't wait for the next company event!

"Unstable workplace and management is nonexistent"

Former Employee - Project Architect in Bellevue, WA
    Former Employee - Project Architect in Bellevue, WA

Pros

Nice office and conference room. A good health benefit as opposed to none.

Cons

Seemed like a good corporate environment at first. A lot of emphasis on protocols and structure but after a short time, realized that those who had a "title" were involved to justify their existence. They had no talent or skills, but had only an ego. The environment was slow to change and react. Those who were there longer worked only for a paycheck and did not rock the boat out of fear. They did not have any passion. They resisted new ideas and constructive criticism if it made them look incompetent. So quick to let talent go, yet kept those who had none.

Advice to Management

Such a shallow company.

"Company overall is full of drama which originates from top management and is filtered down."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Pros

Nice office, decent benefits program.

Cons

Too much drama, management tells employees not to associate with other employees, lack of communication, there is an overall distrust of each other in the company that has been initiated by upper management. Was not a good place too work; too stressful and unrealistic behavioral issues. Hard to work with project managers and sales staff since some had been there so long and would counteract whatever it is you were trying to accomplish.

Advice to Management

Restructure management, advocate team building, increase communication from top down, set a better tone-at-the-top for management that will lead to more trust and security within the office and properties.

"No more work"

Former Employee - Superintendent in Bellevue, WA
    Former Employee - Superintendent in Bellevue, WA

Pros

At first, there seemed to be opportunities but that dried up with the economy.

Cons

Poor management of projects even with the extreme micro-management style.

Advice to Management

Try to ease up on the micro-management.

"Im pretty happy here...."

I have been working at American Capital Group full-time

Pros

My pros are the fact that I have great communication with my supervisor. She always available when I need her. The company is very family oriented and has an open door policy. In the months that I've been here I dont see any issues. We will see what the future holds but as of now , im happy in my position and with the people around me

Cons

I have not found any yet that are different then working in any other company

Advice to Management

Keep that open door policy! It really helps

"Administrative"

Pros

Nothing! Run for the hills!

Cons

Psycho owners who talk Crap about their own employees. You can't trust anyone there!

Advice to Management

Old geezer needs to retire and sell the company! Wish I could give it zero stars.

"Horrible"

Pros

None. I am looking for another job. Roger has lost touch with reality and BJ has no clue what he is doing.

Cons

Upper management has lost touch with reality. They don't pay the subcontractors which makes it difficult to build a project. Bonuses are not paid. Big turn around. Revolving door.

Advice to Management

Nothing can fix it.

"Corporate"

I worked at American Capital Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Nice offices, some good people to work with. Growing company

Cons

Very structured. They have a way of doing business and you cannot deviate from it. Any potential ideas that could improve the product that doesn't fit in their narrative is dismissed

Advice to Management

Learn to listen to ideas that may be different. You have a good product, but employees are not treated very well are are seen as dispensable.

10. "Excellent Job Opportunity"

I have been working at American Capital Group full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I have had an incredible work experience at ACG. The opportunities between the multiple companies are endless. I started out in one department and when a new job opportunity became available in a different department I applied and got it. What I have learned is that hard work gets rewarded here!

The benefits are above market and they pay for your parking, which is not always the case anymore.

Great company if you want to be part of a family!

Cons

There is no deli in the building for lunch.