- Arts & Design
- Customer Services & Support
- Finance & Accounting
- Human Resources
- Information Technology
- Media & Communications
- Military & Protective Services
- Product & Project Management
- Research & Science
- Retail & Food Services
- Skilled Labor & Manufacturing
- Current Employees
- United States - All Cities
- - New York State
- - New York City, NY Area
- - New York, NY
- - Maryland
- - Washington, DC Area
- - Bethesda, MD
- - Washington, DC
- - Baltimore, MD Area
- - Annapolis, MD
- - Texas
- - Dallas-Fort Worth, TX Area
- - Dallas, TX
- - Pennsylvania
- - Philadelphia, PA Area
- - Berwyn, PA
- - California
- - Los Angeles, CA Area
- - Orange, CA
- - El Centro, CA Area
- - El Centro, CA
- - District of Columbia
Found 67 of over 68 reviews
- COVID-19 Related
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- Most Recent
- Oldest First
Commercial Customer Service Representative
What’s the best way to have a lack of compensation and incentive conversation in your department? I went above and beyond for years doing extra work, organizations etc and nothing has been reflected in pay. I thought my 5 year was going to finally show something but it did not. I’ve inquired about pay but it’s gotten nowhere.
Got a burning question about American Capital? Just ask!
On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with American Capital employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
- Former Employee, more than 1 year★★★★★Dec 7, 2022 - Senior Investment Accountant in Bethesda, MDRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
The company cares about its people. It was a great experience to work there. Excellent Benefits
There were no major cons to report at all
- Former Employee★★★★★Mar 10, 2022 - Director of Internal Audit in Bethesda, MDRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
1. People are collaborative; 2. Business is dynamic; 3. Insight into various industries
1. Investors pressures; 2. Volatility to various industries; 3. Volatility to market.Continue reading
- Current Employee★★★★★Dec 29, 2021 - Senior Property Accountant in Dallas, TXRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Good. Team work together for best result.
Top management luck freindship and personality.
- Current Employee, less than 1 year★★★★★Nov 23, 2021 - Investment Accountant in Bethesda, MDRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Full benefits and generous 401K
Long work hours. Lower pay
- Former Employee★★★★★Aug 25, 2021 - Administrative AssistantRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
It was Absolutely the most awesome place to work
Company was sold way too soon
- Former Employee★★★★★May 11, 2021 - Anonymous EmployeeRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
The pay, benefits, and company culture was great.
Job security can be on the lower when working for a PE firm.
- Former Employee, more than 1 year★★★★★Feb 16, 2021 - Senior Analyst in Bethesda, MDRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
American Capital has a great working environment
no much room to grow
- Former Employee, more than 5 years★★★★★May 10, 2021 - InvestmentsRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Smart people everywhere in the company
Moronic executive management that wasted it all
- Current Employee, more than 10 years★★★★★Aug 18, 2015 - Anonymous Employee in Bethesda, MDRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Have been with the company for 13 years. I'm always learning something new here, and while some things get old, there are always enough challenges to keep me intellectually engaged. It's a roll-up-your-sleeves environment where even mid-high level managers are comfortable taking on the "doing" tasks when necessary. The benefits are great, the flexibility is a huge positive. While there are some departmental culture differences, the firm loosely embraces a work anywhere as long as you're productive policy which is fantastic. Pay is pretty good, and I love the people I work with. I was pleasantly surprised when hired and continue to be impressed with the laid back but tenacious and dedicated staff. Coming from another company that was a much stiffer financial services environment, the ACAS culture has been a breath of fresh air.
Senior management does not focus on operations as much as investments While this is good in some ways, it can be bad from the context of optimizing the efficiency of how information is gathered and disseminated throughout the organization. Strategy is set, but many process initiatives lack the follow-through required by senior management to enforce or encourage adoption. This can create many operational challenges in inter-departmental processes.Continue reading
- Former Employee, more than 1 year★★★★★Jun 8, 2020 - Accounting in El Centro, CARecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
culture, people, hours, free lunch
pay, growth, people, salary, PTO
American Capital Reviews FAQs
American Capital has an overall rating of 3.8 out of 5, based on over 68 reviews left anonymously by employees. 65% of employees would recommend working at American Capital to a friend and 40% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 1% over the last 12 months.
65% of American Capital employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated American Capital 3.6 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.3 for culture and values and 3.2 for career opportunities.