American Central Transport Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.4
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Tom Kretsinger

"Its an awesome experience"

Current Employee - Company Driver
    Current Employee - Company Driver

I have been working at American Central Transport full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company is a family owned buisness. It makes you feel at home. They have an awesome recruiting staff. Freight is always moving sometimes it does slow down but its normally in the winter months.

Cons

I dont have anything negative to say.

Advice to Management

I know that theres a new CEO. My advice is dont change anything at all. The kretsinger family has made this buisness the way it should be run. If you want to keep drivers dont change a good thing.

2. "Great Company to work for"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Liberty, MO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Liberty, MO

I worked at American Central Transport full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Excellent leadership. Benefits are very good. People are top quality. Company looks out for the best interest of the employees while leading the business. Company manages to metrics and shares this information with everyone. Employees have input into some of the decisions.

Cons

Older building but plans for new one being built. Nothing much to say about Cons. Maybe the road in front of the building.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing

3. "Wouldn't recommend to any driver"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

I worked at American Central Transport full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I really gotta say there ain't any

Cons

Fire you over minor incident. Try using every camera trigger against you to make you look like an unsafe driver. Say you were fired for misconduct. Just really a bunch of LIARS. They talk about being driver friendly but don't even follow their own policy book or FMCSR but preach about safety.

Advice to Management

Be honest with drivers. Follow your policies and FMCSR because your company ain't above them and those rules are there for safety. Something your management preaches but don't really follow as long as the freight moves without incident.

5. "cdl driver"

Current Employee - CDL Driver in Morrow, GA
    Current Employee - CDL Driver in Morrow, GA

I have been working at American Central Transport full-time (More than a year)

Pros

great dispatcher, great equipment, keep u busy

Cons

camera in truck, watching drivers

Advice to Management

none

"Otr driver"

Former Employee - OTR Truck Driver in Kansas City, MO
    Former Employee - OTR Truck Driver in Kansas City, MO

I worked at American Central Transport full-time

Pros

Great Company! Very nice trucks! Great people to work for! Good money!
    Average 2,500 weekly

Cons

Camera in truck watching and listening to you inside, while looking outside. Only one terminal! No inside bathrooms!

Advice to Management

Respect Employee privacy remove the inside camera!

"i actually liked it there"

Former Employee - Otr Driver Past in Winston-Salem, NC
    Former Employee - Otr Driver Past in Winston-Salem, NC

I worked at American Central Transport (More than 3 years)

Pros

was great i even loved my bl she took very good care of me always got me home on time

Cons

me and many other drivers 9 months ago were already talking the fear of act erase the southeast for hiring or much less any freight at all they found a legit reason to rid of me and i couldn't argue yeah i was guilty as sin points dents dings scratches so i ask could i please find a way to come back yes with 18 month probation i was all for it 6 months later rumor turned out true North Carolina is no longer a hiring are so dont wast the phone call

Advice to Management

if your firing me fine i wont argue but tell the rest of the truth re-evaluations been going on since last summer and the hotline denied it

"driver"

Current Employee - Driver in Springfield, MO
    Current Employee - Driver in Springfield, MO

Pros

They have a really good people skill set open door policy along with really nice staff. they have a nice maintenance shop.

Cons

they don't offer enough dedicated routes for lease they offer them to there company drivers not there lease drivers. so not enough routes get you through the house in my area and i end up eating the cost to come home.

Advice to Management

I really don't have any advice for management that is not my area of expertise they will eventually get the things they need done like i said they are a really good place to work for i just need home a lot more now..

"Core Values are lived every day!"

Current Employee - Vice President of Operations in Liberty, MO
    Current Employee - Vice President of Operations in Liberty, MO

I have been working at American Central Transport full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The core values, Safety, Accountability, Integrity, Respect, and Family are more than just words on a poster... the are ACT's very being.

Cons

No negatives but if I had to come up with something, I would say improvement would be made if the corporate office and maintenance facility shared a building or were at least closer together.

Advice to Management

Keep on keeping on!!

"Wonderful Company to work for!!!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Liberty, MO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Liberty, MO

Pros

Family Owned Company that believes in companies Core Values. Employee's treated like family! Everyone works together to make the company be the best it can be everyday!!!

Cons

No Negatives to Report for this company.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work and doing what you do everyday! Appreciate all of you!!!

11. "Just a Really rear good Company!!"

I have been working at American Central Transport full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

People, staff, customers, drivers. I spend more time here than with my other family. Lots of work mixed with some real fun. Wonderful Family Owned business!!!!

Cons

If you are looking for the Perfect. over paid do nothing place to work. This is not for you..... If you want to be part of a Business where you are family, paid well and treated like family you might want to check us out.

Advice to Management

You all have always listened and strived to keep getting and doing better & better for your Employees & Customers and it shows it's worth every day....