American Child Care Reviews | Glassdoor

American Child Care Reviews

Rebecca Van't Hof
1 Rating

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Pay is horrible have to be passionate about kids"

Former Employee - Arizona in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Arizona in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at American Child Care part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

You get to work with kids and prepare them for the future to come. The pay was not great and hard to live off of quite frankly but if you really care about children and dealing with parents on a daily basis it's a great place to make memories.

Cons

It was not perfect the building was not in great shape. Also because of where we were located the kids were not the best behaved nor did the parents make them mind so that was difficult to deal with on a daily basis.

Advice to Management

Keep the teachers motivated to stay passionate about what they do and continue to do their best.

2. "Good for second, third job"

Former Employee - Babysitter in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Babysitter in Chicago, IL

I worked at American Child Care part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It was great being able to choose your own schedule and working the off hours that you could. You only have to submit your upcoming week's schedule so they are very accommodating and flexible as far as that goes. Good pay and definitely worth it for supplemental income.

Cons

They expect you to communicate with them and submit your availability exactly when needed, which is expected, but they don't reciprocate the communication. There would be weeks when I wasn't sure if I had any jobs and would have to contact them to find out, instead of them just responding to emails.

3. "Lead Teacher"

Former Employee - Teacher in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Teacher in Chicago, IL

I worked at American Child Care part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great atmosphere, all staff is energetic and friendly. Overall job is hands on, and very easy.

Cons

Unable to contact supervisor via phone call, payroll is late. Very immature owner.

Advice to Management

Learn how to manage and be professional.