KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

American Credit Acceptance Reviews

Updated May 20, 2022

Found 194 of over 200 reviews

3.7
American Credit Acceptance CEO Curt Sidden (no image)
Curt Sidden

The latest conversations about Finance

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of American Credit Acceptance and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great Place To Work

May 20, 2022 - Director
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great Culture Positive Environment Leaders meaningful work Great Location

Cons

There are no cons to list

2. 5.0

Transparent & Full of Opportunity

May 11, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

My teammates were incredible, and everyone I interfaced with throughout the company was kind, helpful, and encouraging! Leadership was transparent about business decisions. There was a large degree of recognition for hard work and innovation. Change and new ideas were encouraged and incentivized. There were ample opportunities for engagement, team building, and networking. Company values were genuinely embodied by employees and used to guide business decisions. ACA was truly a place to grow, learn, and feel like part of the team.

Cons

Leadership went above and beyond to boost employee morale and make connections from the work we did to the betterment of our customers and their credit, but there is unfortunately an inherently unexciting feeling about subprime auto lending.

3. 4.0
    Current Employee

Great place to work

May 5, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good work culture, great place learn, friendly teammates and good benefits.

Cons

Less pay and less number of vacations compared with other companies.

4. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Best Time of your professional career and life

Apr 26, 2022 - Senior Telecommunications Engineer in Spartanburg, SC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Excellent partnership, Excellent people. Great work challengesto improve growth.

Cons

Some may not like the rapid changes for adaptation to the business needs.

American Credit Acceptance Response

Thank you for being part of our growth over the last 6 years! We are glad to have you on our team.

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Culture Matters!

Mar 31, 2022 - Process Improvement Engineer in Spartanburg, SC
    Business Outlook

Pros

The company is founded in 6 guiding principles that truly guide the culture in search a good way!

Cons

I like the town on Greenville better than Spartanburg so it would be great if it was closer to Greenville, but that’s just my opinion.

American Credit Acceptance Response

Thank you for all you do for ACA! We firmly believe that our Guiding Principles should shape all our interactions and are glad to hear that has been your experience.

6. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Good

May 7, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Fair Culture and management team

Cons

Have to jump through hoops to move up.

7. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great Company

Apr 2, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

ACA really lives by its guiding principles

Cons

Sometimes turn over can be high, but it’s part of the industry

American Credit Acceptance Response

We appreciate you leaving this review! Our 6 Guiding Principles are at the core of who we are and we strive to continually live them out.

8. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Spartan Finanical Partners

Nov 18, 2021 - Portfolio Reporting Analyst in Spartanburg, SC
    Business Outlook

Pros

The associate level employees are great, hard working, and awesome. The level of teamwork needed to constantly overcome the band-aid solutions that became permanent was not easy, but it instilled a sense of comradery. Again, the people are awesome, I truly miss working with a lot of those guys.

Cons

Oh, man. I guess it starts at the top. Upper management (for the most part, there are a few good eggs) is really poor. One of them took credit for something I came up with and built the prototype for on a call with the entire department. I constantly heard that they were trying to build a better culture and nothing ever really changed. I think the biggest reason for this is that Spartan tells you that their claim to fame is their ROI (essentially, how much they make vs how much they spend). This gave them the ready made excuse to not pay people what they were worth. It was nearly impossible to advance, they'd rather give you a meaningless title bump than promote you to an open position. All of this on top of a needlessly stressful environment lead to incredibly high turnover. On a team of 5, there were 12 different employees in my two years, plus two different managers.

1 person found this review helpful
  9. 1.0

Horrible Working Experience

Sep 29, 2021 - Generalist
    Business Outlook

Pros

Free lunches, opportunities to win prizes.

Cons

ACA doesn't care about their employees individually. They interject high levels of stress, with many, myself including before resigning due to medical conditions linked to my time working with this company. Upper Management, and Supervisors don't care they can't retain help. Will allow you to resign, without finding out the real reason you're leaving, because they feel they can acquire more help to come in and be abused by Leadership and this organization. They think the customers are always lying and the feel the same way about the employees. They openly talk and joke about associates with no regard. If you speak out or go against management you will become outed.

6 people found this review helpful

American Credit Acceptance Response

We are grateful for your feedback and sorry for the unfortunate experience you had at ACA.

10. 4.0
    Former Employee

Great company that has outgrown its small town roots

Dec 9, 2021 - Anonymous Former Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

ACA has a family atmosphere and values employee input. They encourage employee growth and are poised for continued success as they expand out west.

Cons

Top heavy leadership structure as more of the work has shifted overseas. Sup to agent ratio in collections and loss mitigation in Spartanburg has gone from 10 to 1 to 5 to 1 in only a few years. Limited talent in Spartanburg and too far to attract candidates from Greenville.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 194 Reviews

American Credit Acceptance Reviews FAQs

American Credit Acceptance has an overall rating of 3.7 out of 5, based on over 200 reviews left anonymously by employees. 81% of employees would recommend working at American Credit Acceptance to a friend and 78% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 6% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, American Credit Acceptance employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.2 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at American Credit Acceptance. This rating has improved by 8% over the last 12 months.

81% of American Credit Acceptance employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated American Credit Acceptance 4.0 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.0 for culture and values and 4.0 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at American Credit Acceptance to be career development, coworkers and the cons to be senior leadership, benefits, management.

Popular Careers with American Credit Acceptance Job Seekers