American Cruise Lines Recruiter Reviews | Glassdoor

American Cruise Lines Recruiter Reviews

Recruiter

5.0

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Another reason was room and board and food was payed for (in 11 reviews)

• You definitely have a great chance to save money by living aboard (in 19 reviews)

Cons
  • Being away from home and long hours (in 29 reviews)

• As a steward, you work anywhere from 12-16 hours a day (in 9 reviews)

1. "Recruitment Intern Review"

Current Employee - Recruitment Inter in Guilford, CT
    Current Employee - Recruitment Inter in Guilford, CT

I have been working at American Cruise Lines (Less than a year)

Pros

I had a great experience interning at ACL this summer. Through the various projects that they tasked me with, I gained insight into how a company recruits its employees as well as how a company markets its products to consumers. ACL kept me quite busy with these assignments which made my time at their office go by rather fast. Also, the people I got to work with were just amazing. They were very kind, approachable, and were always willing to help me when I needed it. I never felt like I could not ask a question on how to do something or ask for guidance on a project. Additionally, ACL treated me with respect. I was never ask to do those typical or menial intern duties like get coffee. They treated me like one of their regular employees and were always willing to listen to my ideas. Overall, I think ACL is a company with great values and the perfect place to start a career.

Cons

I really can not complain about working at ACL. It was a great opportunity for a college student to gain real world experience.

2. "Exciting, Fast-Paced, Challenging Position with a Growing Company"

Current Employee - Recruiter
    Current Employee - Recruiter

Pros

I work in the Recruiting department here at American Cruise Lines, and I can honestly say I look forward to coming to work everyday! I have a background in hospitality, but I am always looking to gain experience in a professional, corporate setting, and I am able to combine both of those interests as a Recruiter here.

I work with an amazing team, and I'm always able to get the assistance and support I need as I continue to learn the ins and outs of the recruitment world. We are a growing company so we are busy, and there is always something new to learn! One of the best parts of this position is being able to contribute to the development of our wonderful Internship program we offer to students from different universities all over the country. Being able to travel myself to participate in college career fairs and connect with various academic communities across the U.S is a very rewarding part of my experience as a Recruiter for American Cruise Lines.

Overall, I've thoroughly enjoyed my time at American Cruise Lines, and I'm excited to see what the company's future growth will bring both to my own professional development and to the Recruitment team as a whole!

Cons

We work hard, but that is not something I've ever shied away from!