American Defense Systems Reviews | Glassdoor

American Defense Systems Reviews

2.5
Dale S. Scales

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "National Sales Manager"

Current Contractor - National Sales Director in Atlanta, GA
    Current Contractor - National Sales Director in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at American Defense Systems as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

I chose to come over to American Defense Systems because of their reputable leadership of Army Ranger Veterans. I have worked with different companies in the past and it always ended very badly. I can confidently say that I work with the best home security in the industry! They have given me 100% support to build nationally and never missed a single penny on my pay. If I ever have a homeowner that is slightly dissatisfied the ownership handles it quickly and efficiently so that I can receive referrals in the future with my very satisfied customers.

Cons

Absolutely no cons working for this company. Simply the best! Shouldn't even be an option to list cons for this company.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing and giving the full support that I have always been given. I really appreciate you guys!

2. "Business & Marketing Lead"

Current Employee - Business Development & Marketing Consultant in North Atlanta, GA

I have been working at American Defense Systems full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

New business development, Networking, Sales, Negotiating contracts

Cons

Not enough compensation, government budget cuts,ObamaCare

Advice to Management

Less hands on mgmt.

"ADSI - a real shame"

Former Employee - Chief Engineer in Williston Park, NY
    Former Employee - Chief Engineer in Williston Park, NY

I worked at American Defense Systems (More than 10 years)

Pros

Some of the most interesting and rewarding work I've done in my career. Many talented and dedicated employees at the lower levels. Ample opportunity for travel.

Cons

Upper management was absolutely useless at finding and bidding on new business. Couldn't make a profit because they had absolutely no idea what their operating expenses were. Company was extremely management top heavy. Numerous dead weight employees getting paid to do nothing. Employees who worked the hardest were rewarded the least. Upper management constantly lied to vendors, customers, and employees.

Advice to Management

Should have learned to listen to the employees who were around the longest. Should have hired a Chief Operating Officer who knew what she/he was doing.

4. "adsi culture at long island new york"

Former Employee - Administrative in Hicksville, NY
    Former Employee - Administrative in Hicksville, NY

I worked at American Defense Systems full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Important job supporting Soldiers globally

Cons

Company is in chaos changing all senior people

Advice to Management

There is none to advise

5. "account"

Former Employee - Account
    Former Employee - Account

Pros

Mission was important. Company was successful in the early years when there was no competition. Accounting team was amazing on what they had to do.

Cons

Too many personnel changes at critical times. Company wouldn't advertise, hoping its past performance would carry them. Engineering had no original thoughts or ability to create new concepts which was suppose to be a strength. Company has done disappearing act in last couple of years ignoring shareholders.

Advice to Management

Good luck finding someone to take over company.

6. "They are out of business"

Current Employee - Administrative in Hicksville, NY
    Current Employee - Administrative in Hicksville, NY

I have been working at American Defense Systems full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

They are out of business finallly

Cons

They are out of business - no surprise there