American Direct Marketing Resources Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated March 14, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Ed Smith

"Great Company with Stablity and ongoing Success"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chesterfield, MO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chesterfield, MO

I have been working at American Direct Marketing Resources full-time

Pros

ADMR stands with only a few companies that values employees and recognizes that ALL employees contribute to ADMR's successes.

ADMR offers many ways to recognize their employee's efforts. Every month employees are recognized for their tenure, the company hosts a holiday party for their employee's kids and/or grand kids, during summer Ted Drewes is brought in - just to name a few. Many other companies over the years made the decision to cut out many of their employee recognition efforts!

Benefits are plentiful including a company profit sharing plan. The plan includes employees who work as little as 1000 hours in a year.

Work environment is generally quiet and seemingly drama free with a mix of Baby Boomers, Generation X, and Millennials making up the workforce.

Cons

Vacation time is decent during the first few years,however, it does stagnate for employees with 10+ years.

Unclear of advancement opportunities or if career development for advancement is fostered in anyway.

Advice to Management

Work harder on company branding and developing a company culture based on ADMR's values/missions that recognizes all three employee generations.

"Unbearable Employer"

Current Employee - Graphic Designer in Chesterfield, MO
    Current Employee - Graphic Designer in Chesterfield, MO

I have been working at American Direct Marketing Resources full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They allow somebody to bring in breakfast on Friday mornings and that seems to be the only time people are not at each others throats.

Cons

Wow, where to start. Horrible horrible horrible company culture. Toxic co-workers, micromanaging department leaders, impossibly high standards with unrealistic dead lines. The company is constantly losing business/clients and they refuse to do anything to update their business model. Very stuffy conservative stuck in the 1980's mindset. ZERO diversity, they won't even interview certain races. There is no performance reviews, but they are quick to point out your mistakes to the entire company. Conformity here is a must, anyone who does not fit into their culture is squeezed out. The pay is disgusting compared to the industry standards. This is the most unprofessional and least enjoyable company I have ever worked for.

Advice to Management

Stop with the mind games and pay people a salary they can live on.

3. "Work hard and have fun"

I have been working at American Direct Marketing Resources full-time

Pros

Great group of creative and fun people. I love the fact that many dress up for Halloween and the departments put on a party. For the holidays someone decorated our CEO's cardboard cutout with a cotton ball beard and a santa hat -- and our CEO thought it was awesome. Everyone cares about our clients and want to do the best we can to hit our deadlines. It's definitely a team effort that doesn't hesitate to go across department lines. Everyone works really hard.

Cons

Tight deadlines. Challenging clients. Alway want everything perfect.

Advice to Management

Keep acknowledging our efforts and supporting our growth. (thanks for the snacks and lunches)

Mar 9, 2017 – HR Manager

Thank you for the feedback. You are right about the creative and fun people that work at ADMR. We know when to have fun and we know when to work, it is the right balance that helps set us apart ... More

"Intern"

I worked at American Direct Marketing Resources full-time

Pros

Coworkers were generally nice. Decent pay for an internship. Had a nice office too and was in a nice location

Cons

management was hard to approach and an outdated hierarchy is clearly in place. Stuck in old ways.

Mar 9, 2017 – HR Manager

Thank you for the feedback. ADMR is committed to creating a comfortable and collaborative environment for employees so we are disappointed to hear about your experience. We will take your ... More

5. "people are very nice"

Pros

I like people here. Everyone is nice

Cons

Everything is good and like here

Mar 9, 2017 – HR Manager

Thank you for your feedback. We couldn't agree more, we are fortunate to have such a great group of people working at ADMR.

"Good company overall"

Pros

Brings breakfast on fridays, does things like six flags and cards games for employees

Cons

very very slow at times, must dress nice even though youre in an office all day

Mar 9, 2017 – HR Manager

Thank you for the feedback. The ability to socialize with other peers during breakfast Friday, monthly anniversary celebrations, or Six Flags helps foster the team environment felt at ADMR ... More

"Happy to be a part of the team..."

I have been working at American Direct Marketing Resources full-time

Pros

• Stable company even throughout the economic ups and downs.
    • Established workflow with checks and balances - anyone who has worked in an unstructured workflow will appreciate that this helps to know your supported and have help getting it right.
    • Big enough to allow for growth if you want it but small enough to not just be a number.
    • Recognition for having a high standard and thinking outside the box.
    • Benefits are in my opinion great, compared to other companies what they contribute to health etc is much higher and there are more options.
    • Annual increases with reviews and encouragement to set and achieve personal goals.
    • Lunch and Learns, Sporting tickets, Annual day at the Cardinal game with catering, Six Flaggs Day, ice cream in the summer, catered Thanksgiving and Holiday Lunches, Annual Holiday Party that is amazing. And a lot more...
    • Paid time off for sickness plus annual vacation
    • Managers who try very hard to encourage both a high standard and a positive environment.
    • Training opportunities - online classes
    • Fantastic co-workers. Wide range of personalities and backgrounds.
    • Nice to work across from the Mall.

Cons

• Sometimes slow to change policy. (but they ARE willing)
    • Wish there was a more casual dress environment more often
    • No tennis shoes

Advice to Management

Don't let those with negative feedback be the only voice you hear. There are a lot of people who have been here a long time that love the company and want to keep making it better. Keep evolving and improving and we'll be here to help.

"I Like Where I Work...."

I have been working at American Direct Marketing Resources full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

In the 30 + years American Direct has been operating there has been no layoffs, In fact, the company has grown little by little each year I have been here. Employees are rewarded for their hard work and extra effort they put in throughout the year. Yearly reviews with discussion about goals are done with your Supervisor.

Mini perks throughout the year are nice, Ice Cream in the summer, tickets to ballgames, Friday morning breakfast, monthly anniversary celebrations, Company Day at Six Flags, Company Day at the ball park, Lunch and Learns and various holiday celebrations/luncheons.

Co-workers is what makes or breaks your day. Most of them have a can-do/we are a team attitude!!

Cons

Upper management appears to be extremely busy and hard to talk to or get quick responses from. Company suffers from Generational Differences, Millennials vs. Gen X work ethics. Company needs a stronger online presence - Facebook, website and etc

Advice to Management

Work on building a bridge with employees. Employees need an outlet to express concerns and feel like their opinions are heard.

I would love for the company to sponsor some time for Volunteering. Also would like to see more of a Company wide Health Initiative - Love my company Fitbit that we got 3 years ago!

"Professional environment"

Pros

Good benefits. Fair treatment. If you give your best, then this company will take care of you.

Cons

Sometimes stressful deadlines. Not always open communication within the office.

Advice to Management

More open communication.

"Out of touch & lost their way"

I worked at American Direct Marketing Resources full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Non-Executive level co-workers are terrific
    -Profit sharing is generous
    -Clean & organized work atmosphere

Cons

-Senior management out of touch with employees
    -Low pay compared to others in the industry
    -Employee morale is very low and gets worse yearly
    -Little to no new products & company does not adapt with the times
    -High levels of workload with near-impossible schedules
    -100% of mistakes/problems falls on the mid level employees
    -"Good Ol' Boys" club mentality & treatment of particular employees
    -High turnover for long term employees
    -No room for career growth or advancement
    -Consistent employee complaints are never dealt with, simply swept under the rug.

Advice to Management

Stop treating your employees like they are replaceable. Listen to new ideas instead of discouraging them. Positive reinforcement for good work would be appreciated. Cut the dead weight around the company and pay employees what they are worth. Actually develop new products rather than rehash the same ones. Get an actual sales and product development team who know what they are doing. The majority of employees don't see this company being around in ten years and are looking for jobs elsewhere.