American Dream Home Improvement Reviews | Glassdoor

1. Featured Review

"New career found"

Current Employee - Lead Field Supervisor in Peoria, IL
    Current Employee - Lead Field Supervisor in Peoria, IL

I have been working at American Dream Home Improvement full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The best reason to work here is the advancement. When you tell your supervisor what your goal is for the year, they will stay on you to meet that goal. Communication between management and you is fantastic. There is a mass amount of people to support the sales force. First and foremost you CAN NOT be lazy if you think you can skate by with minimal effort this is not the job for you. Also you get a brand new company truck!

Cons

There is not one bad thing I can say about this company. They have brought me the lifestyle I have wanted for years in just months!!!!

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

2. "Loss Draft Specialist"

Current Employee - Loss Draft Specialist in Downers Grove, IL
    Current Employee - Loss Draft Specialist in Downers Grove, IL

I have been working at American Dream Home Improvement full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very positive working environment. The company is growing at a fast pace. A lot of room to move up in the company. Always given the tools needed succeed.

Cons

Following up with unhappy customers who had to deal with overpromising sales reps.

Advice to Management

I think it would be helpful to focus more on online reviews. The internet rules the word!

3. "I couldn't be happier with my decision to work here."

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Peoria, IL
    Current Employee - Sales Manager in Peoria, IL

I have been working at American Dream Home Improvement full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

System in place to help you grow if you put in the work. Management fast track available.

Cons

It's a lot of hours. But definitely pays off for doing it.

5. "Home Inspector"

Current Employee - Claims Specialist in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Claims Specialist in Denver, CO

Pros

They give you a truck of your own. Lots of motivation and ways to get more money up front while you wait for the jobs to close. Good company they seem to care about you

Cons

The training is a little short but my supervisor always answers any questions I have

6. "Inside Claims Department - Corporate Headquarters"

Former Employee - Inside Claim Specialist in Downers Grove, IL
    Former Employee - Inside Claim Specialist in Downers Grove, IL

I worked at American Dream Home Improvement full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I was hired into the Inside Claims Department without any previous construction or insurance experience. The training I received was extremely thorough as I was able to effectively understand the company operations and my department requirements.

The position is not scripted, which I liked as I was able to get the tools needed to develop my own pitches. The Department Manager does many walk throughs easy day to check on everyone to see if they have any questions and to assist in tweaking pitches to increase efficiency.

I also like the fact that the position is challenging and a new scenario is encountered on each job as all are different. This is also a team environment where co-workers will offer tips or assistance if they notice it is needed.

This department offers two forms of bonuses which are attainable. The company offers benefits and matched 401K which was nice too.

Cons

Dealing with certain insurance adjusters who can become argumentative at times. Also, sometimes the calculations on insurance estimates can be confusing.

7. "Working for a great company !"

Current Employee - Sales in Mokena, IL
    Current Employee - Sales in Mokena, IL

I have been working at American Dream Home Improvement full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

This is a great place to work , I'm going on my 6 year and it just gets better every year ! The owner is very family orientated , he believes in family !

Cons

If making great money w full benefits is ? Then I'm all in !

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work !

8. "They STINK!"

Former Employee - Claims Adjuster in Vernon Hills, IL
    Former Employee - Claims Adjuster in Vernon Hills, IL

I worked at American Dream Home Improvement full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There are no pros I can think of.

Cons

You have to work 6 days a week! If you opt for the company vehicle, they put a tracker inside the car so you can be monitored as to your whereabouts. If you like to be out in the elements and want to be an ambulance chaser after each wind or hail storm and don't have an issue with knocking on doors all day then this is the job for you! Worked 2 weeks then called it quits, left over a month ago still waiting for my pay check. No one seems to know where it is. Stay Away!!!

Advice to Management

I have nothing to say to Management, they wouldn't listen anyway.

"A lot of talk"

Former Employee - Lead Field Supervisor in Downers Grove, IL
    Former Employee - Lead Field Supervisor in Downers Grove, IL

I worked at American Dream Home Improvement full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Company trip and company truck. They would even let me get tanked at the office drinking 8 or 9 beers and then told me to drive home in the company truck. Lol!!!!

Cons

A lot of politics for storm areas and all the work is sub contracted. I've had so many homeowners tell me "you're a great salesman but your company sucks and has horrible reviews" they put you on some stupid 350 warning and then 2 job no pay basically meaning if you don't get 2 jobs you won't get paid. Well I got 4 jobs in one week and none the other week but you would think since it's an average of 2 per week I would get paid right? Wrong. I got paid for one week while turning in 4 jobs that would easily make my self around a thousand dollars profit each. But all they would pay me is 500. Huge rip off this company is and when I quit the VP Ryan told me I should have came to him but the managers tell us to not bother higher ups. Had work equipment stolen on company property by an ex disgruntled employee and the company would not reimburse me for the stolen work equipment. Unbelievable. Stay away from this company

Advice to Management

You preach that if you stay you will be a champion and succeed but I was there for 3 years and they treated me like a number!! Good company to work for 5 years ago but the money has gone to the higher ups heads and all they view you as is a number.

10. "Sales"

Current Employee - Sales in Peoria, IL
    Current Employee - Sales in Peoria, IL

Pros

If u walking they will get u a car......they also have a great management team

Cons

Bill the hell out these people insurance companies and take their reimbursement checks so they get paid twice

American Dream Home Improvement Response

Mar 22, 2017 – Recruiting Director

Thank you for the review and feedback. We appreciate the feedback on our management team, we take great pride in our team and it is great to hear! In regards to your note on billing out customers ... More

"Great Company"

Former Employee - Project Manager in Davenport, IA
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Davenport, IA

I worked at American Dream Home Improvement full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great advancement opportunities, Great co-workers

Cons

None None, None, None, None

Advice to Management

Thanks you for all of the training, I use it everyday.

American Dream Home Improvement Response

Jan 24, 2017 – Recruiting Director

Thank you for the great feedback and review! ADHI puts a lot of work into training our teams and helping them with tools to be successful everyday. We love all our team members and the culture that ... More