American Dream Home Improvement Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.1
CEO

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Great support from management, and great co-workers (in 3 reviews)

• The only good thing about this company are these 4 men a great group of guys (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • it sometimes takes a little time for new employees to see the bigger picture (in 4 reviews)

• Also when you sign up, you indicate that you have read the company employee handbook (in 3 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"New career found"

Current Employee - Lead Field Supervisor in Peoria, IL
    Current Employee - Lead Field Supervisor in Peoria, IL

I have been working at American Dream Home Improvement full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The best reason to work here is the advancement. When you tell your supervisor what your goal is for the year, they will stay on you to meet that goal. Communication between management and you is fantastic. There is a mass amount of people to support the sales force. First and foremost you CAN NOT be lazy if you think you can skate by with minimal effort this is not the job for you. Also you get a brand new company truck!

Cons

There is not one bad thing I can say about this company. They have brought me the lifestyle I have wanted for years in just months!!!!

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

Oct 26, 2017 – Recruiting Director

ADHI has over 300 employees who have found a career and home with us and we are extremely grateful to be able to work along side of all of them! ADHIs goal is to ensure that all of our Team Members... More

"Great Company to Work For"

Current Employee - Office Manager/Recruiting Coordinator/Marketing in Crystal Lake, IL

Pros

- Great support from management, and great co-workers
    - Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance, plus a 401K plan.
    -PTO and Sick Days.
    - Great bonus programs for each department
    - Depending on role w/ company, a variety of tasks to complete each week, keeps the job more interesting.
    - Salary pay for office employees, rarely have to work more than 40 hours in a week.
    - Business casual attire with casual Fridays, not overly formal.
    - Independent work environment, meaning that management does not typically micro-manage employees. Employees know what tasks they need to complete, and management is always there to provide help if necessary, but will not over manage unless they need to address an issue.

Cons

- No cons to my position with the company that I can think of.

Advice to Management

- Additional training time would be beneficial for the sales staff so they can build up their knowledge base before interacting with homeowners.
    - Would be nice to be able to request a day off 2 weeks in advance instead of the current month in advance time frame, but that's not a big deal.

"Ever Improving, Always Growing"

Current Employee - Production Manager
    Current Employee - Production Manager

I have been working at American Dream Home Improvement full-time (More than a year)

Pros

In my position, the atmosphere is laid back. Management treats you like an adult, and trusts you to complete your responsibilities. Your supervisors are always there to help with anything you need and provide assistance to perform effectively. SOP's are always changing to improve efficiency. The company overall is based on growth, and offers plenty of room for advancement. Company vehicle isn't bad either, and neither are the other benefits. Generous 401k match too.

Cons

In my position, there isn't much in the way of cons. Sometimes getting answers from superiors takes time. However, most offices operate remotely, with supervisors in other states. There are communication protocols that while they make sense, can also make getting answers slow.

Advice to Management

Not much. Management is always striving to improve in their roles to better the experience for those they manage.

"Fantastic National Leading Contractor"

Current Employee - Recruiting Coordinator in Downers Grove, IL

Pros

Great Environment, no micro managing, fast paced, hands on learning, room for quick advancement, and most importantly very competitive pay and benefits.

Cons

Just nit picking here for the purposes of having the "Cons" section filled out, but we need a bigger building with more space for all employees as we are growing and more PTO, but after all who doesn't.

Advice to Management

Keep motivating, teaching, adapting and improving ways to be successful and help employees to be more successful.

5. "Great Opportunity"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Fort Collins, CO
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Fort Collins, CO

Pros

Great Benefits, Free Truck, Nice Hours

Cons

None that I can think of

Advice to Management

Keep it up

Oct 31, 2017 – Recruiting Director

Thanks for the feedback and review! We appreciate all your dedication and handwork! Thank you for being apart of the Dream Team!

6. "Best Company I've Ever Worked For"

Current Employee - Recruiting Coordinator in Downers Grove, IL

Pros

I moved to the chicago land area at the beginning of this year and was desperate for a job. ADHI welcomed me with open arms. As a Recruiter with the company I enjoy every day and never dread getting up for work in the morning. My job in fun and the people I do it with are even better. Plus, the steady bonuses definitely don't hurt. I would recommend this company to anyone looking for a job.

Cons

I have absolutely nothing negative to say about ADHI.

"Con Man Business"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Milwaukee, WI
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Milwaukee, WI

I worked at American Dream Home Improvement full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

freedom of schedule , company vehicle

Cons

having to lie to homeowners about storm damage

Advice to Management

pay more

Nov 14, 2017 – Recruiting Director

We thank you for your review and regret to receive such feedback from an employee who has been with our company for over 5-years. We question the legitimacy of this review as as we have not parted... More

8. "Good Company."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Downers Grove, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Downers Grove, IL

Pros

If you you do your job and maintain good attendance you should remain employed.

Cons

The accommodations are the down fall because you are constantly on top of one another. The break room is a hallway, the cubicles are half cut so your on top of each other and employees generally have to leave the building or go to their car if they need to be left alone. The time off policy is dismal.

Advice to Management

Consider the environment your employees work in and provide areas for them to retreat on their breaks. Consider most employees wish to have more privacy in their work space. Provide a better work life balance by providing more flexibility with scheduling and days off. Consider better training by conducting break out sessions and hiring someone on full time or at the least have a full time dedicated trainer. This would free managers to manage their teams more effectively. Lastly, consider utilizing the internal software program to assist in training by building a knowledge data base for learning and for HR docs.

Oct 31, 2017 – Recruiting Director

We greatly appreciate your insight and feedback! As ADHI continues to grow our success is in our Team and Family. ADHI has begun to implement different upper management levels to help elevate... More

9. "Awful company to work for..."

Current Employee - Corporate Employee in Downers Grove, IL
    Current Employee - Corporate Employee in Downers Grove, IL

I have been working at American Dream Home Improvement full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The office is located close to the highway and easy to get to. You have staggered start times so you can work early and get out an hour after your kids get out of school.

Cons

This company does not value their employees. You get 3 sick days (what a joke!) and 2 weeks vaca. You max out at 14 days of vacation for 15 years of service with these con men. Since they don’t give you any time off you have to make up every minute that you are not there. They don’t want to pay a decent salary but want their employees to work hard. Work hard for a company that is an utter sh*t show. Management has no idea what they are doing and the turn over is so high in this place that no one has any idea what anyone’s actual job is. Things change so much here and you are under valued and over worked and not paid for your hard work. This company is a joke along with the scams they are pulling on these poor homeowners who they promise things too just to screw them over. If you need a job for a paycheck this company is it. If you want a great company in which you can stay for your career, keep looking because this company isn’t it. Run away if you can.

Advice to Management

If you want your employees to work hard and go above and beyond for you, then offer great benefits. Give them more time off, personal time, sick time, vacation time. Show them that if they work hard they will be rewarded. When reviews come around, don’t give an excuse as to why the raise we deserve to get isn’t what we are actually going to get because the company doesn’t want to pay their employees decently. Maybe then their won’t be a high turn over and people would stay because the benefits outweigh the b.s. that goes on in this joke of a company.

Oct 31, 2017 – Recruiting Director

We greatly appreciate your feedback and review. As a company that is growing as quickly as ours, we greatly value our employees feedback. Our employees are our life line, and as an employer we... More

"Lead field supervisor"

Pros

Amazing place to work!! Great pay and freedom with your schedule. Company really cares to help you achieve your goals.

Cons

If you can't motivate yourself this is not for you.

Advice to Management

You are doing awesome. Appreciate all the help and training.

Oct 26, 2017 – Recruiting Director

We appreciate you! Thank you for the great feedback. As a company to succeed, we want to ensure our employees are setup for success and to help every individual reach their goals. We take pride in... More