American European Insurance Group Reviews

Updated Jul 29, 2020

3.4
American European Insurance Group CEO  Nachum Stein (no image)
Nachum Stein
  1. "Tons of opportunities for professional growth"

5.0
    Current Employee - Underwriting Assistant

I have been working at American European Insurance Group full-time

Pros

Management is open to questions and feedback. Co-workers are hard-working and friendly. The most enjoyable part of my job is working with this talented team of people. The working schedule is great. I manage to maintain a decent work/life balance. There are lots of exciting projects to work on, so I never feel bored. It's an extremely fast-paced and competitive environment where I have had ample opportunities for professional growth.

Cons

Sometimes, I have to multitask. But, it feels less challenging as I grow as a specialist.

2. "Micromanagers here are everywhere"

Former Employee - Underwriter

I worked at American European Insurance Group full-time

Pros

My boss recognize good job and my effort.

Cons

Top management is all about money. They don't really care about employees' well-being. Although my boss recognizes good job, they all do the job because there is no trust here in the company. Bosses here are micromanagers and don't trust you to get the job done the way they want it to be done.

July 31, 2020HR Manager

3. "Stress and pressure"

Former Employee - Associate Underwriter in Cherry Hill, NJ

I worked at American European Insurance Group full-time

Pros

If you love working under extreme pressure, you'll be fine here.

Cons

All I got from working here was stress and anxiety. It wasn't a healthy environment because of overwhelming workload and too much pressure. The pressure you'd receive from the management would cause you anxiety. It was like I was always on the edge by being too careful not to make any mistake.

May 26, 2020HR Manager

4. "Unbearable workload"

Former Employee - Underwriter

I worked at American European Insurance Group full-time

Pros

Employees benefits are commendable but still wasn't enough to make me stay.

Cons

It was a very stressful environment because of the unbearable workload. It's common to wear multiple hats here but still get paid for one job. The company was so cheap that they resort to maximizing employees capacity rather then hiring additional people to share the load. Working here was a bad idea and I'm glad I was able to have found a company who cares for its employees, which I never felt here.

May 8, 2020HR Manager

AE appreciates your feedback. I am sorry to hear that your experience at AE was not rewarding. We are continuously looking to improve. If you would like to share more about your experience, please contact me at cbacon@aeiginsurance.com.

5. "Terrified of everything"

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Cherry Hill, NJ

I worked at American European Insurance Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

401k with a match is the only reason I joined this company

Cons

My manager made me feel terrified every moment of every day. I was afraid of making a mistake, as every mistake had terrible consequences. I would never recommend this workplace to anyone, no matter how amazing the benefits sound. In the end, working here is worth it.

April 17, 2020HR Manager

6. "Pushed a Lot"

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Cherry Hill, NJ

I have been working at American European Insurance Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

The company is growing sufficiently.

Cons

It is the kind of workplace where you will be pushed a lot. You will need to adjust and accommodate to whatever your manager says without objecting to anything. Things don't turn out well for those who don't bow to the management. I saw it first hand and learned my lesson. I wouldn't advice anyone to mess with the egoistic management.

March 15, 2020HR Manager

7. "No time to rest"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cherry Hill, NJ

I worked at American European Insurance Group full-time

Pros

You'll learn to multi task but only because you will be forced to.

Cons

Once you start working here, you will have no time to rest. Management will assign you an unreasonable number of tasks forcing you to lose your work-life balance. You won't be able to take a breaks because of the sheer number of tasks you are given while management does not provide any kind of support. Most employees here experience burnout even just a few months after starting.

January 6, 2020HR Manager

"Great experience so far"

5.0
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at American European Insurance Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great teammates. Opportunities to travel. Nice location. The work is interesting and rewarding. There is an open-door policy, so you rarely feel your concerns are left unnoticed. The management is approachable and easy to talk to. I've developed my organizational, interpersonal and problem-solving skills while working at AEIG.

Cons

My work requires to maintain a positive mindset no matter what. Naturally, it can be challenging in times of tough workload and home visits. But when my hard work is recognized and I see the results of my efforts, I feel motivated to achieve more as a professional.

January 6, 2020HR Manager

Thank for the feedback! We are always looking for new ways to make AE the best to work for.

9. "Their benefits package is superb."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cherry Hill, NJ

I worked at American European Insurance Group full-time

Pros

Their benefits package is superb, work can be enjoyable if you want a fast paced and competitive environment.

Cons

The company has very high, and impossible expectations on its employees. It's a very competitive and you can barely balance your personal life and work if you wanted to get a bigger payout.

January 6, 2020HR Manager

10. "Forget about work-life balance"

Former Employee - Underwriter in Cherry Hill, NJ

I worked at American European Insurance Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

Convenient location, decent benefits and friendly coworkers.

Cons

Stressful environment due to heavy workload. The unbearable workload requires us to render overtime almost everyday. Working here makes you forget about work-life balance. It's always work over personal matters. The management doesn't care even when employees complain about the workload. They're just concerned about the output. No matter how many hours you work during the day, as long as you deliver your tasks, they think that you're still doing okay.

November 14, 2019HR Manager