What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "There are always people and teams you can get along with and have a good work/life balance." (in 1821 reviews)
- "The benefits are great and the array of what you are eligible for is impressive." (in 1093 reviews)
- "Culture is great and respect among employees is really good" (in 777 reviews)
- "Most of the people are great; I built great friendships with a lot of the people there." (in 753 reviews)
- "Pay was good and laid back work" (in 485 reviews)
- "Base salary was low but once commission kicked in it was well worth the wait." (in 366 reviews)
- "Poor management team leads will overlook blatant collection law violations to achieve their teams numbers even to the point of lying to their card members" (in 308 reviews)
- "So if your team manager is good then you are good and if you get a bad manager then life is hell." (in 159 reviews)
- "Limited growth opportunities and learning" (in 80 reviews)
- "long hours and schedules include weekends" (in 80 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of American Express and is not affected by filters.
- Race / Ethnicity
- Sexual Orientation
- Parent or Family Caregiver
- Veteran Status
Found 3,005 of over 16K reviews
Updated Sep 23, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
Reviews about "work life balance"Return to all Reviews
- 5.0Oct 6, 2016Senior Executive AssistantFormer Employee, more than 8 yearsLondon, England
Brilliantly smart people who work hard and always have time for each other. Some great leaders who invest in their teams and help to balance the work/life of your role. AmEx is one of the best companies I have had the privilege to work in.
I do not have anything negative to say buy had to write something in this box to submit my review.1
- 4.0Mar 23, 2013American Express TravelCurrent Employee
Great Benefits, Great opportunities for advancement, respected and trusted brand.
High stress travel department, difficult system to achieve high bonuses for performance. Often difficult to achieve a good work life balance due to heavy demands of the department.