American Fidelity Assurance Company "overnight travel" Reviews | Glassdoor

American Fidelity Assurance Company Employee Reviews about "overnight travel"

Updated May 30, 2019

4.2
American Fidelity Assurance Company Chairman, President and CEO Bill Cameron (no image)
Bill Cameron
Pros
  • "Good benefits, pension, bonuses(in 12 reviews)

• "Flexible, Great Benefits, amazing training tools, corporate support(in 12 reviews)

Cons

Reviews about "overnight travel"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Awesome Company, where a Career is made"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Pensacola, FL

I have been working at American Fidelity Assurance Company full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Training, Compensation, Benefits, work with Great People, Family oriented

Cons

Overnight travel, learning the educational insurance market

Advice to Management

None

American Fidelity Assurance Company2019-05-30
  2. "Great Company to Work For"

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Montgomery, AL

Pros

Great opportunity, Great Culture and Ability to Succeed. Definitely the best company I have ever worked for.

Cons

Overnight Travel. Longer than normal learning curve.

Advice to Management

Keep doing a great job.

American Fidelity Assurance Company2019-05-30
  3. Create your profile to get personalized information

"Fort Wayne Account Manager"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Fort Wayne, IN

I have been working at American Fidelity Assurance Company full-time

Pros

I work for an amazing, family owned company! It is a great career where I am valued and get the opportunity to help school employees every day with our products and services. I am focused on making the school district's life easier through our technology and services. The career requires a commitment to serve others and work hard. The commitment leads to a fantastic career that enables me to provide for myself and... my family.

Cons

The overnight travel can be tough at times, but it is worth it.

Advice to Management

Thank you management for your support and coaching... you make a difference!

American Fidelity Assurance Company2018-11-06

"Account Manager"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Reno, NV

I worked at American Fidelity Assurance Company full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Lots of scheduling flexibility, decent benefits, company car.

Cons

Extremely inconsistent middle management. Lots of overnight travel.

American Fidelity Assurance Company2018-09-09

"Great place for a career."

Current Employee - Manager in Indianapolis, IN

Pros

-compensation -pension -great colleagues -great customer relationships -great travel incentives (Maui, Kauai, Banff, etc.) -overall, a fantastic employer and opportunity to provide for yourself and family, while providing quality products/services

Cons

-overnight travel -stress/pressure in most sales roles -lack of support from executive leadership - overall, it is a very good company

Advice to Management

-always involve field staff in decisions that impact them. -give field managers the ability to make decisions without being micromanaged themselves

American Fidelity Assurance Company2017-02-02
  7. "Executive Account Manager"

Former Employee - Executive Account Manager in Lexington-Fayette, KY

I worked at American Fidelity Assurance Company full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

This company has its eye on the ball and stays up with current events. I would recommend this company to family and friends seeking a career in insurance and customer service.

Cons

I worked in the field and regardless of how they advertise it, it is a road warrior position. The position included daily travel and about 50-60% overnight travel in my area.

Advice to Management

People don't leave bad companies, they leave bad managers. Any field position comes with pros and cons and my case I left because of mid-level management.

American Fidelity Assurance Company2016-06-16

"Unbelievable potential"

Current Employee - State Manager in Charlottesville, VA

I have been working at American Fidelity Assurance Company full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

I applied with American Fidelity based on the suggestion of a friend. When interviewing I was impressed with how thorough they were to ensure they were making the correct hiring decisions. Once I received the offer and started with American Fidelity I was quickly impressed with the opportunities for financial growth and the amazing colleagues I had a chance to work with. The training was in-depth, they seemed not... only concerned with my ability to present their products - more importantly to correctly take care of the customer and maintain their reputation in the educational community. While interviewing I was a little surprised by their bold financial claims - during that first year I recognized that they were not exaggerating. I had the ability to be as successful as I wanted to be based on my ability to take care of the customer. 2 years into employment with American Fidelity I chose a leadership path. With their amazing growth the opportunities to advance have been readily available. I cannot believe I was so lucky to have a friend share this opportunity with me. Feel very blessed to be a part of this organization.

Cons

The position requires overnight travel, they were very upfront about that requirement in the interview process. It is important that a person is prepared for that reality prior to starting.

American Fidelity Assurance Company2015-06-25

"Best place to work on Earth!"

Current Employee - Account Manager in South Bend, IN

Pros

You have the potential to make as much money as you want. You're in control of your career from day one regarding the amount of income you can make. Family owned is a major perk. American Fidelity treats its employees awesome from the company car to the pension plan. If you are a sales professional, this is the company for you!

Cons

A lot of driving and could be some overnight travel.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work.

American Fidelity Assurance Company2013-03-31
  10. "Great Benefits"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Denver, CO

I worked at American Fidelity Assurance Company full-time for more than a year

Pros

Excellent benefits, treat you like a family. Be prepared to work very hard.

Cons

Lots of overnight travel. Difficult to manage career vs. life.

American Fidelity Assurance Company2013-01-18