American Financing Corporation Reviews | Glassdoor

American Financing Corporation Reviews

Updated Sep 27, 2019

2.5
American Financing Corporation CEO Damian Maldonado (no image)
Damian Maldonado
  1. "Great Team. Great Culture."

Current Employee - Project Manager in Aurora, CO

I have been working at American Financing Corporation full-time for more than a year

Pros

American Financing (AFC) has a clear vision for the future, a talented team, fantastic benefits, a fun and modern environment, management is transparent, and there are many opportunities for career advancement. AFC makes a positive impact in the community and it is rewarding to be a part of this great company!

Cons

Although many positions receive bonuses my current position does not. The 401K match is dependent on the annual success of the company and is often offered, but not guaranteed.

American Financing Corporation2019-06-24
  2. "Integrity is everything in business"

Former Employee - Customer Service in Aurora, CO

I worked at American Financing Corporation full-time for less than a year

Pros

Just, Filling five word minimum.

Cons

I wish the CEO was more involved in his business at the lower level. He/She has no idea just how bad things are. Their managers feel like just because they are "close" to the president of the company that they can treat people however they want. Bonus hit, fire then, or whatever they want to do. It really is a sad thing to feel so smothered yet so ignored. They have a few managers that will bury their company of... they don't start paying attention.

Advice to Management

Respond to complaints from your workers abd take them serious. Everyone should feel valued.

American Financing Corporation2019-09-27
  3. "Great for getting your feet wet in the mortgage industry"

Former Employee - Operations in Aurora, CO

I worked at American Financing Corporation full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Friendly staff, great co-workers and flexibility

Cons

Lack of support from upper management.

American Financing Corporation2019-06-03

"Great Company, Great People, Great Opportunity"

Current Employee - Product Owner in Aurora, CO

Pros

In my experience employees at AFC are given opportunities every day to actively participate in its success. AFC is growing fast and the energy is off the charts! I have the good fortune of working with multiple departments across the business and from management down, everyone I interact with has a positive attitude and is happy to share their ideas about how we can keep growing and improving our service. ... Upper management includes some of the brightest business minds I've ever worked with and it shows - we are expanding into new markets, improving our processes, and growing our technology all the time. The owners are family oriented and really make an effort to show their appreciation to the employees. You definitely feel like you matter and that you have an opportunity to grow here. Joining AFC was one of the best decisions I've ever made!

Cons

Did I mention we're growing fast? The only con I can think of at the moment is that we are very busy. So busy that I don't always have time to avail myself of the some of the perks offered to employees such as massages and yoga classes!

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work and keep encouraging the employees to participate. You have made an effort to hire talented, knowledgeable people, just keep encouraging them to bring their ideas to the table and help them grow. I hear great ideas every day. Also, I may be biased, but I hear a lot about the success of the business side of the house - production record announcements, etc., but not as much company-wide... about the successes in the tech department. We have a really strong team adding a lot of value to the company; it would be great if the whole company could celebrate those successes as well.

American Financing Corporation2019-05-09
  5. "Hard work pays off"

I have been working at American Financing Corporation full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

There is a family atmosphere that has built many great bonds within the company. Management cares about the employees and always looks for ways to help people evolve. Opportunities within the company continue to increase as AFC continues to grow.

Cons

Sometimes the pace can be fast and that isn't for everyone.

Advice to Management

Keep your vision and continue building a great Colorado company.

American Financing Corporation2019-05-07

"Caution"

Former Employee - Mortgage Underwriter

I worked at American Financing Corporation full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Not micro managed; IF your a relative you are in like Flynn; If you like to drink there is rampant drinking across the entire company, actively during the day with open fridge dedicated solely to alcohol. CHEERS

Cons

Management on every level; nepotism; sketchy; issues with in adequate managers causing horrible customer service issues with no one accepting responsibility; paying bonus to have sketchy underwriting practices moving.

Advice to Management

Value the experience you hire. Just because you have a title "manager" PM or SM or VP does not make you the know-er of all. Value the experienced employees with the several hundreds of years experience and stop covering for all family and stop covering for predatory lending practices.

American Financing Corporation2019-04-17

"Stay away!"

I worked at American Financing Corporation

Pros

Nothing I can think of

Cons

A total sweat shop, if there was a “car dealership” in the mortgage world this would be it! The ops manager is a sweaty and not professional!

Advice to Management

File bankruptcy and go out of business!

American Financing Corporation2019-04-07

"Stressful Job"

Former Employee - Mortgage Consultant

I worked at American Financing Corporation full-time

Pros

Nice Break room and free food.

Cons

Management showed favortism and were unprofessional.

American Financing Corporation2019-02-17
  9. "Good Company"

Current Employee - Senior Mortgage Loan Officer in Denver, CO

Pros

Marketing/lead generation is very strong Growing company Cares about employees

Cons

Changing sales processes, Onboarding and sales training isn't well flushed out and often ad hoc

American Financing Corporation2019-01-23

"Not what it once was..."

Current Employee - Mortgage Consultant in Aurora, CO

Pros

-There are co-workers who are great to work with -Ping pong tables are fun to look at when you walk by them (do not dare to actually play ping pong) -Upper Management wore glasses for a couple of weeks to “seem nicer and more approachable”, that was nice

Cons

-Culture, office morale, pay, everything is a skeleton of what it used to be. When I first started a couple years ago they made Upper Management changes and month by month it got worse. - Four pay cuts. -“Salary based” means 1/4th of your income is the salary and the rest is bonus pay. Management will “bonus hit” for everything they can think of. -Upper Management is the grim reaper of happiness. Only time they... speak to anyone that isn’t one of their boys, is to yell at you and bonus hit you. -Advertise no pressure sales but if you don’t pressure the customer and get them on board, you have to transfer to someone else to pressure them to do it, even if what they call in for, we can’t offer. -Advertise we offer every loan in the industry which isn’t true. -Management has no higher education so make basic mistakes then entire goal is to cover it up so CEO doesn’t find out. Everyone always talks about how great it was before the changes to Upper maanagent. Everyone always talks about the good old days. Never got to experience those. I have only experienced the current Upper Management that leads by fear and anger.

Advice to Management

People were able to ignore being treated terribly by current Upper management when the pay was good but after our 4th pay cut, lower income and being treated poorly makes it a miserable place to be. Go back to the old Upper Management and watch everything change.

American Financing Corporation2019-02-20