American Freight Furniture "upper management" Reviews | Glassdoor

American Freight Furniture Employee Reviews about "upper management"

Updated Apr 6, 2019

3.1
American Freight Furniture President & CEO Steven Joel Belford (no image)
Steven Joel Belford
Pros
  • "A good thing about this job u can advance from with in very quick and the pay is great(in 7 reviews)

• "Fast paced so the time seems to fly by when you’re there(in 4 reviews)

Cons

Reviews about "upper management"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Store manager"

Current Employee - Store Manager in Glendale, AZ

I have been working at American Freight Furniture full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great pay for those willing to put in the time. Excellent upper management that are driven to make you more money. Room for growth and expansion. Wonderful company!

Cons

Nothing bad about this company.

Advice to Management

Keep training and being motivating y'all are awesome

American Freight Furniture2018-08-16
  2. "Horrible upper management"

Former Employee - Sales Manager

I worked at American Freight Furniture full-time for more than a year

Pros

Working with the general public

Cons

Upper management fires or demotes you for absolutely no reason in my experience. They came in and said we think you need more training and never did anything! Oh so you are liars? What a joke!

Advice to Management

Fulfill your promises made.

American Freight Furniture2019-04-07

"The worst company to work for."

Former Employee - Store Manager

I worked at American Freight Furniture full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

There’s only really two pros. If you work hard you can expect to move up and get management experience. Second, you can potentially make lots of money at times.

Cons

Upper management sucks. Company policy to keep heat at 55 during winter. But if the store has overhead doors they’ll be open all day long everyday. So if you work in states that see snow on a regular basis, dress for the outdoors even though you’re technically inside. They also will demote managers if your store doesn’t see an increase from the year before. So if you did better a couple years in a row and all of a sudden your store didn’t see a gain, you no longer have a job as manager. A company that only sells furniture can only make an increase so long while trying to sell the SAME stuff. You have no life either. You gotta work 6 days a week open to close. I was working 60-80 hours a week.

Advice to Management

Quit screwing over your employees.

American Freight Furniture2019-01-04
  4. "Great company to work for! They really care about their people"

Current Employee - Store Manager in Buffalo, NY

I have been working at American Freight Furniture full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I have worked for American Freight for 6 years and have continued to grow with the company. They have recognized my talents and continued to support me in my goal to be upper management. I make a great living to support my family and they give me the flexibility to control my paycheck based on my sales!

Cons

I work long hours, but to me the outcome is worth the hard work that I put in. The pay and company support makes up for it.

American Freight Furniture2016-11-15

"Manager"

I have been working at American Freight Furniture

Pros

Opportunities present themselves quickly. Great for people who do not have college educations to make a good living. Not really many to put here as they put everything on management's shoulders including payroll, inventories, operations, advertising, and the list goes on... Oh you have to sell customers dreams because they never send us furniture we need. Lies. All lies.

Cons

Pay compared to hours worked, home life/work life balance, upper management, leadership, training. The company runs on a "good ole boy" mentality.

Advice to Management

Better training and inventive and benefit programs. Get with 21st century. Don't burn customers and better yet don't burn out your people

American Freight Furniture2016-04-16
  6. "Compensation"

I have been working at American Freight Furniture full-time

Pros

Earning potential is great.

Cons

Upper management unprofessional and rude

Advice to Management

Cursing and yelling at employees is not the best way to make them improve or get the job done correctly.

American Freight Furniture2016-03-23
  7. "It's just a job"

I worked at American Freight Furniture full-time

Pros

after paying for medical insurance for 1 year it is paid for by the company which was a $200 a month savings for single coverage. 2 bonus checks per year if you qualify or if you are well liked.

Cons

Low pay and minimum benefits, max out at 2 weeks vacation. No room to grow. Surrounded by unprofessionalism including upper management.

American Freight Furniture2015-07-11

"Great pay. No life."

Store Manager

I worked at American Freight Furniture for more than 5 years

Pros

Promote quickly from within. Pays well for management. No degree required. If you're willing to relocate and don't care about having a life you can go far.

Cons

Overworked. Managers are made to work 6 days a week over 55 hours. You're often chastised for taking any extra time off. All they care about are numbers. No loyalty to employees. While they promote fast they also fire just as quickly. Upper management is out of touch and protect themselves by passing blame and throwing middle management under the bus. Benefits are available but very expensive if you have a family. No 401k match of any sort. Vacation is capped at two weeks no matter how long you've been there. Upper management makes it seem like one bad sales day is the end of the world. Working conditions are in a warehouse with no ac or heating. No regular lunch breaks. Managers are basically expected not to leave the store. New rules are made up weekly by the VP. Managers are meant to sell, manage sales, warehouse staff, inventory and customer service all at once which leads to sub par customer service as the manger is spread quite thin. Most stores have their own customer service department at each store this company has one lady at corporate and good luck getting her number.

Advice to Management

Lighten up. Be more loyal to your employees. Give mangers two days off a week so they can have somewhat of a life. You burn out your employees which leads to poorer results on the sales floor. There's more to life and business than last year's numbers

American Freight Furniture2014-07-24