American Hearing Aid Associates Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Great Company!"

Current Employee - Associate Manager in Chadds Ford, PA
    Current Employee - Associate Manager in Chadds Ford, PA

Pros

Some of the best people I have ever worked with. They can get the job done! I am also happy to call many of them friends. Company treats me so well that I'm pretty sure if I ever left I would just end up coming back anyway.

Cons

I have no constructive criticism at this time.

Advice to Management

Continue to grow and strive to be better every day!

"Don't get involved with AHAA"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pilesgrove, NJ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pilesgrove, NJ

I worked at American Hearing Aid Associates full-time (More than a year)

Pros

None- apparently there is no opinion that matters at this company. You must be perfect or be thrown out. Or bow and scrape.

Cons

All management bows and scrapes to the CEO. All opinions are muted and only one voice matters. The idea that 100% success on control of the behavior of employees is attainable is absurd.

Advice to Management

Grow up- no one can be perfect

"Hearing Aid Dispenser"

Former Employee - Hearing Aid Dispenser in Voorhees, NJ
    Former Employee - Hearing Aid Dispenser in Voorhees, NJ

I worked at American Hearing Aid Associates full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

None that I can think of. Maybe the fact you get slightly discounted hearing devices. Oh and their convention isn't half bad.

Cons

The sales protocol they want you to follow is absurd. They want you to ask your patient what kind of car they drive and where they vacation all to determine the financial standing of your patient. AHAA is far to involved in private practice and there offices insurance billing. They condone offices getting payment first and then dispensing hearing aids. A HUGE Medicare/Medicaid NO NO. There TNS process is borderline harassment. They also recommend the offices they work for pay for a service that intercepts and online bad reviews but yet promotes online reviews all to make themselves look good. AHAA is more of a cult. Extremely high turnover. No employee privacy. Stay clear of AHAA and any Audiology practice associated with them. Would never step foot in an ENT or Audiology practice that drinks their Kool Aid.

American Hearing Aid Associates Response

Jul 6, 2017 – Marketing Director

We are deeply distressed to hear these remarks, both because of their context and their implications. First, it should be made clear that AHAA (American Hearing Aid Associates) does not employ any of... More

"Unprofessional Environment - A Waste of Time- RUN"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chadds Ford, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chadds Ford, PA

I worked at American Hearing Aid Associates full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Some flexibility with your work schedule

Cons

Management is very unprofessional towards their employees. There is absolutely NO accountability.

Advice to Management

Learn how to treat your employees. Take some managerial classes.

"Billing specialist"

Former Employee - Billing Specialist in Oak Island, NC
    Former Employee - Billing Specialist in Oak Island, NC

I worked at American Hearing Aid Associates full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Some nice friendly people and benefits were good, pay was good too. I learned a lot working here and made a few friends along the way. Had some good managers and employees that would help each other and show you how to do something to make your job easier and to be able to get it done faster and accurately

Cons

very high turn over rate, management micromanaged everything you did, communication wasn't the best/timely between management and employees.

Advice to Management

stop micromanaging. Listen to the employees and treat everyone the same. Same rules apply to all

"Operations"

Former Employee - Operations in Chadds Ford, PA
    Former Employee - Operations in Chadds Ford, PA

I worked at American Hearing Aid Associates full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great coworkers and people who are completely dedicated to helping each other.

Cons

The management is not the best. They use dated theories for coaching and don't see the value in developing the person to grow.

Advice to Management

Don't micro manage so much. Listen to your employees since they are in the front line fighting fires for you everyday.

7. "Perfect example of the ideal employer!!!!"

Current Employee - Manager in Chadds Ford, PA
    Current Employee - Manager in Chadds Ford, PA

I have been working at American Hearing Aid Associates full-time

Pros

Getting to be part of a close-knit, yet dynamic and savvy group of professionals who are good at what they do and take pride in their work day in and day out. Everyone is very passionate about the work they do and committed to contributing to the success of the company. A great team environment, but you still have the freedom to work independently. Hands down the best work environment I have been a part of in my professional career. I look forward to coming to work every day. AHAA is a perfect example of the ideal employer.

Cons

I have no cons at all.

Advice to Management

Keep making your employees feel like they matter.

"Needs improvement but a good stepping stone"

Former Employee - Medical Device Sales Representative in Chadds Ford, PA
    Former Employee - Medical Device Sales Representative in Chadds Ford, PA

I worked at American Hearing Aid Associates full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The benefits that you receive are decent. The job can be very a good experience for some people but not all the positions have a lot of stress to them.

Cons

Management isn't that good but not horrible. The people at the job aren't that friendly. It's not a fun place to work. It's not a place you want to work for your whole career. The communication from management needs to be improved. High turnover rate here so be careful.

"AHAA, Chadds Ford"

Former Employee - Management in Chadds Ford, PA
    Former Employee - Management in Chadds Ford, PA

I worked at American Hearing Aid Associates full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Terrific compensation. A President who looks for ways to payout on the commission plan, very generous. Several times when I had a tough break in the market, or with someone on my team that caused a near miss she would payout at the closet level or even as discretionary. A real classy person in that regard. Approachable Sr VP of Sales and President and they are passionate about the success of the company and their employees

Cons

No free rides here; so if you think this is pharma and you can fly under the radar and do nothing you will not last. To many folks today just want to collect a check, do a great deal of busy work with no accomplishment and are not truly engaged and committed. This is not a job or company for most "you" if this is how "you roll". You need to be willing to work hard everyday, use your head to make good business decisions, expect constructive feedback and work long hours. However, the reward in terms of monies and knowledge gained makes it worth every minute.

Advice to Management

Please be a little more patient w entry level hires. Entry level positions take a good 6-months to understand how all the moving parts work; balance recruiting, account mgmt. and vendor relations. your current Sr VP of Sales is a good one, congratulations on a terrific hire.

"Horrible. Terrible. Run from AHAA hearing centers"

Former Employee - Front Office Staff in Clifton Springs, NY
    Former Employee - Front Office Staff in Clifton Springs, NY

I worked at American Hearing Aid Associates full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

You get health insurance and the bonus seems lucrative when you start.

Cons

Manager will blame employees and auds for anything that goes wrong. Unethical practices across the board. You'll be surprised at how much horrible stuff management gets away with and how much turnover happens. I've seen them go through 4 PDRs, 8 Auds and 6 front office staff in a 20 person company in just a few years.

Advice to Management

Take some responsibility for anything rather than blaming or firing. Actually give your sales people something called sales training. Your sales "script" and "methods" make everybody's sales go down because it's way too direct. But we're the ones that get blamed for your methods that don't work. Also, stop trying to make your office manager get the front office staff to fight the Audiologists on everything. There's no team here, just straight fear of losing your job daily.