American Heritage Federal Credit Union Reviews

Updated Jul 21, 2020

3.8
American Heritage Federal Credit Union CEO Bruce K. Foulke (no image)
Bruce K. Foulke
Pros
  • "Seeing what other people went through with larger companies, I was very proud to be an employee of AMHFCU, and very grateful(in 6 reviews)

• "Good Benefits Package -Volunteering Opportunities(in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • "High turnover, unachievable goals(in 4 reviews)

• "Management couldn’t care less about the employee well being(in 3 reviews)

1. COVID-19

"Amazing place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at American Heritage Federal Credit Union full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Incredible people, amazing place to work, great training programs. There’s probably 1000 good things I can say about this place. The main thing that I wanted to note was this places response to COVID-19. So many of the employees were allowed to work from home. If anyone was still working at the home office they received free lunch for an extended period of time, and there allowed dress down every day. All employees received extra PTO to use and was on a shortened schedule with the same pay, basically substituting as hazard pay. Seeing what other people went through with larger companies, I was very proud to be an employee of AMHFCU, and very grateful.

Cons

There are no cons here.

Recruiting Coordinator

Thank you very much for taking the time to express your thoughts about American Heritage Credit Union, it is greatly appreciated. During such trying times it is imperative that our Credit Union continues to provide exceptional member service while also ensuring that our associates and members safety remains our highest priority. While it is impossible to truly convey our heartfelt appreciation to our amazing staff during such unsettling times, American Heritage Credit Union continues to explore various means to alleviate some of the hardships faced by our associates, membership and our communities. Once again we thank you for your kind words and we hope you and your family continue to remain healthy and safe!

2. "American Heritage"

2.0
    Former Employee - MSRII in Hunting Park, PA

I worked at American Heritage Federal Credit Union full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Friendly and courteous at main office.

Cons

Once you go to your location things are very different. Management does not work as a team but expects branch employees to follow along. New rules and policies every week.

Recruiting Coordinator

Thank you for taking the time to submit your feedback from your tenure within American Heritage Credit Union. We appreciate hearing that our main campus provided a friendly and pleasant environment. Our Branch Operations team does provide the Standard Operating Procedure Manual as a guide to create a consistent experience across the branch network for all associates. We are sorry to hear that you did not enjoy certain components of your experience within American Heritage Credit Union especially at your branch. If you would like to reach out to a member of the HR department, we would love to hear your suggestions and feedback on ways we can improve! We wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors.

3. "Long Hours, Decent Company"

4.0

I have been working at American Heritage Federal Credit Union full-time for more than a year

Pros

Decent Pay, Stable, Stress free

Cons

Long Shifts. 9-10 hours. 10-11 hours with travel time.

Recruiting Coordinator

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review for American Heritage Credit Union. We appreciate your kind words regarding our employee compensation and we continue to work diligently to provide a safe, welcoming environment for our staff and members. American Heritage Credit Union is very fortunate to have such hard working, dedicated team members. In order to accommodate the needs and requests for longer hours from of our membership, some branches and our Contact Center offer extended hours. Please feel free to reach out to a member of the management team or to a member of the HR department if you would like to further discuss your concerns. We will certainly listen to your input and suggestions. Once again thank you very much for your feedback and please stay safe!

4. "Good Company"

4.0

Pros

Good benefits. Cares about the employees

Cons

Needs to pay the employees more

Recruiting Coordinator

Thank you very much for your feedback it is greatly appreciated. American Heritage Credit Union consistently evaluates our overall compensation package offered to our amazing staff to ensure that we remain highly competitive within the industry. We are extremely fortunate to have such a remarkable team and we truly appreciate their hard work, passion and dedication to assisting our membership. American Heritage Credit Union remains fully committed in providing a welcoming and safe environment for our staff and membership and we truly appreciate any and all feedback. We wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors! Thank you again and stay safe!

5. "Current Employee"

5.0

I have been working at American Heritage Federal Credit Union full-time for less than a year

Pros

American Heritage takes care of its employees, offers great benefits, and offers a stress-free environment. It also pays well compared to most credit unions in Philly.

Cons

They can be misleading about the onboarding and training process when hiring new employees.

Recruiting Coordinator

Thank you very much for your feedback it is greatly appreciated. American Heritage Credit Union continuously evaluates our benefits package, employee salary ranges and our incentive programs to ensure we are competitive within the industry. We are fully committed to providing a welcoming atmosphere to our remarkable staff. Our onboarding process is very structured and extensive so that American Heritage can hire only the most coveted talent who share our same cultural values and member service dedication. Employees who join our family are provided with an individualized training curriculum for their position and our training staff works tirelessly to ensure that every employee is fully equipped with the resources needed to perform their duties. We are always looking for means to improve our processes. After every Employee Orientation, our newly hired staff is provided with a survey to evaluate their entire onboarding experience within American Heritage Credit Union and to provide us ways to improve. We hope you took the time to evaluate your Recruiter so we can continue to enhance our service to our new employees! Thank you again for valued feedback and if you have any additional suggestions on how we else we can improve, please reach out to a member of the HR department. Stay safe!

6. COVID-19

"A Company with a Robust Culture that Cares about its Employees and the Community"

Current Employee - Branch Manager in Philadelphia, PA

Pros

Generous benefits package, top-class training program, continued training for staff at all levels, wonderful and friendly company culture, employee appreciation events, the company does so many things to make you feel like a part of a family, community involvement events, competitive salary, amble opportunities for advancement

Cons

I've worked at several other credit unions over the course of 10+ years of employment in the financial services industry, and American Heritage is by far the best credit union for which I've worked. I'm very proud to be a part of this organization

Recruiting Coordinator

Thank you very much for such positive feedback regarding your experience at American Heritage Credit Union. Our staff is truly remarkable and American Heritage Credit Union is grateful for their dedication and passion to providing exceptional service to our membership. American Heritage has always embraced teamwork, community, service and safety and such traits are essential as we collectively face this present pandemic. Our senior management team will continue to strive to provide our staff with all of the resources needed to fully service our membership to meet their present and future financial needs. Thank you again for your pleasant feedback. Stay safe!

7. COVID-19

"My Employer During COVID-19"

I have been working at American Heritage Federal Credit Union full-time

Pros

I’m beyond grateful for the measures the Credit Union took and how quickly they were taken to keep us safe during this pandemic. We have many of us set up to work from home, and limit the amount of people in the office. For those still working, social distancing is in full swing! I think it’s impressive that to date we're safe/healthy and I think that’s mostly because Senior Management took initiative quickly. I've seen terrible things on social media a lot, so I’m grateful to have a an employer who truly cares about employee safety. American Heritage also gave every single one of it's employees (Full Time - 80 Hours, Part Time - 40 Hours) of extra time off to use at our leisure during this time. The Credit Union has also provided lunch every single day to those still working in the offices and branches. We've also been able to dress down. Our CEO, Facilities department and HR department make sure that they are constantly communicating with the rest of the employees, and that is very reassuring. These things mean a lot to employees during this time.

Cons

None...keep up the GREAT work!

Recruiting Coordinator

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your positive feedback about American Heritage Credit Union! We are incredibly grateful to our amazing staff members whose dedication for servicing our membership remains unyielding during these challenging times. The safety of our employees and membership will always be our highest priority. It is very nice to hear all of the wonderful things our executive leadership has done during this crisis such as extra time off, shortened schedules, and free lunches for the associates working in-house have not gone unnoticed. American Heritage will continually do whatever it can to show our true concern for our associates, membership and members of the community. Again, thank you for your wonderful review.

8. "Great place to work but pay isn’t equal between genders (as in most of the banking industry, sadly)."

I have been working at American Heritage Federal Credit Union full-time

Pros

Women are starting to get promoted to senior level positions. Perhaps senior management has taken feedback from other posters here seriously.

Cons

Men are still being paid more than women to do the same job, even if a woman has more education and experience than a man. They don’t want to pay you the “maximum” in your pay scale, or anywhere near it, so the max should really be eliminated because it gives employees false hope. Raises are sometimes reduced in an effort to keep the employee farther for the high end of the pay scale. Some in upper level management have poor communication and leadership skills and are only there due to nepotism.

Recruiting Coordinator

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We appreciate and value your input as an employee. We are sorry to hear that you feel that our compensation structure is not properly utilized. Our goal is to provide our staff with compensation that is commensurate with their performance. Our intention is to continue to make AMHCU a “best place to work” by offering an excellent benefit package along with compensation that is fair and equitable for all. We encourage you to discuss your concerns with your manager or contact the HR department, so that we can work together and find a solution. Thank you again for your insight. Our intent is to make AMHCU a premier credit union for everyone- employees and members alike.

9. "I was a Business Development intern for American Heritage Credit Union"

I worked at American Heritage Federal Credit Union

Pros

Enriching environment that values collaborative solutions that enhance the experience members and the local community have with the credit union. You will be placed on projects that align with your own personal career goals, and you’ll be challenged enough to strengthen skills you already have while building new ones.

Cons

Management is occasionally occupied for up to a week, which many leave you stuck on a project or finding busy work while waiting for a new project.

Recruiting Coordinator

Thank you very much for your feedback. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your experience as an intern with our Business Development Department. American Heritage takes great pride in being able to offer paid internships throughout various departments within the Credit Union. It is unfortunate that you felt at times you needed more direction with projects, but we do appreciate the feedback that you provided to us, and we will utilize this information to continue to enhance our current paid internship program. Please reach out to us if you are interested in future internship opportunities with American Heritage Credit Union. We wish you the very best of luck in your future career endeavors!

10. "Good for short term - hard to build a career"

Former Employee - Member Advisor in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at American Heritage Federal Credit Union full-time for more than a year

Pros

Lots of overtime, flexible hours, some room for advancement.

Cons

High turnover, unachievable goals. Management couldn’t care less about the employee well being. CEO is a megalomaniac. Federal credit union but they act like the CEO and his family own the credit union. Promotions not based on merit.

Recruiting Coordinator

Thank you for taking the time to submit your comments. We are sorry to hear that you didn’t have a great experience during your time here. We do take your comments seriously. Our CEO cares deeply about the financial well-being of the members and the morale of the employees of American Heritage. He strives to maintain a family-oriented atmosphere where everyone feels appreciated for their contributions. Regarding the unachievable goals, we are continuously evaluating our incentive programs to ensure that they are attainable and fair to the staff. Our focus is to educate all of our members on products and services that would benefit them in every stage of their life. Thank you again for your feedback and we wish you the best of luck in your future career endeavors.

Found 77 reviews