KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

American Heritage Federal Credit Union Reviews

Updated Sep 13, 2021

Found 94 of over 98 reviews

3.8
American Heritage Federal Credit Union CEO Bruce K. Foulke (no image)
Bruce K. Foulke
Pros
  • "Seeing what other people went through with larger companies, I was very proud to be an employee of AMHFCU, and very grateful(in 6 reviews)

• "Good Benefits Package -Volunteering Opportunities(in 4 reviews)

• Cons
  • "High turnover, unachievable goals(in 4 reviews)

• "Management couldn’t care less about the employee well being(in 3 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

The latest conversations about Finance

83 Comments

Join the conversation on
    1. 5.0
      Former Employee

Good work life balance but low pay

Jun 10, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good work life balance, management cares about employees

Cons

Pay was lower than average

Assist Vice-President (Payroll/Recruiting)

Thank you very much for your feedback regarding your work experience at American Heritage Credit Union. We are pleased to hear that you felt appreciated and valued within the Credit Union; that is one of American Heritage’s top priority for our associates and members. As a Credit Union standard, we consistently evaluate our benefits and compensation package available to our dedicated staff to ensure that we remain highly competitive within our industry. Once again, thank you very much for your thoughtful feedback! We wish you the very best of luck in your future career endeavors.

2. 4.0

AMHFCU Review

Sep 13, 2021 - Member Service Officer in Philadelphia, PA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great company to work for.

Cons

Work weeks beginning on Tuesdays which would have you working 6 days one week, then 4 the next.

Assist Vice-President (Payroll/Recruiting)

Thank you very much for taking the time to express your thoughts about American Heritage Credit Union. It is greatly appreciated. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time spent with us. We are always happy to receive suggestions and feedback to ensure we are providing a premier experience to our associates and members. Our work week runs Saturday – Friday and our management does their best to accommodate work/life balance for all our associates. One of our priorities is to ensure we are properly staffed on Saturdays when our membership need is the greatest. This gives some of our associates the flexibility to be home to take care of their individual needs throughout the week when they are off from work. We certainly appreciate your feedback. We wish you the very best of luck in your future career endeavors.

3. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Pretty Cool

Sep 12, 2021 - Member Service Representative
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good coworkers and company policies

Cons

Pay compared to other credit unions

Continue reading

Assist Vice-President (Payroll/Recruiting)

Thank you very much for taking the time to express your thoughts regarding your work experience with American Heritage Credit Union. It is greatly appreciated. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed the pleasant environment and teamwork atmosphere that exists within American Heritage, and we are always open to ideas and suggestions for further enhancement in these areas. American Heritage consistently evaluates our overall benefits package to remain highly competitive within the industry. This includes, but is not limited to, salary ranges, incentive programs and additional paid time off allowances. We are extremely fortunate to have a highly passionate and dedicated staff, and we are consistently exploring new ways to convey our appreciation for their outstanding efforts. We thank you for your years of service with the Credit Union, and we wish you the best of luck in your career endeavors.

4. 2.0
      Current Employee

Only cares about public image, not employees

Aug 31, 2021 - Credit Disputes Specialist in Philadelphia, PA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Growth opportunities Internal hiring/promoting is priority Diverse

Cons

Don’t pay enough for Job duties Favoritism Hard to reach even mid point salary range Raises could be better

Assist Vice-President (Payroll/Recruiting)

Thank you very much for taking the time to express your thoughts about American Heritage Credit Union. It is greatly appreciated. We are always open to insightful feedback to further enhance our employee and member experience within the Credit Union. We are pleased to hear that you appreciate our diversity and internal hiring process. While our workforce is truly diversified, a common element that exists amongst our staff is a genuine desire to help others. Our internal hiring process is very structured and it has proven to be successful. American Heritage appreciates hard work and dedication and we embrace and encourage our staff to reach their full potential within the Credit Union. Our benefits and employee compensation package is consistently evaluated and we will continue to explore means to adequately express our gratitude and appreciation towards our dedicated staff. Once again we truly thank you for conveying your thoughts, and If you have any additional questions and concerns you would like to address, we encourage you to reach out to your manager or to the Human Resources department.

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great place to work

May 10, 2021 - MSO I
      Business Outlook

Pros

The best company I've worked for. The management team works hard to make the work environment pleasant.

Cons

Very large and growing company sometimes makes the work load heavy with not enough hands to help.

Assist Vice-President (Payroll/Recruiting)

Thank you very much for your feedback, it is greatly appreciated. We are extremely dedicated in our efforts in providing a safe and welcoming environment for our staff and membership. Our management team is very passionate about assisting their staff and they are always available if you need assistance with your work volume. As the Credit Union continues to expand, our emphasis on family, unity and trust will always remain a priority, and we truly appreciate the hard work and efforts that our associates put forth in our mission and objective. We thank you again for your kind words and we wish you continued success within American Heritage Credit Union.

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Manager

Apr 23, 2021 - IT Manager in Philadelphia, PA
      Business Outlook

Pros

I love my job. I love the team I work with

Cons

There are no cons for me

Assist Vice-President (Payroll/Recruiting)

Thank you very much for your feedback, it is greatly appreciated. We are very happy to hear that you enjoy working with American Heritage Credit Union. Teamwork is highly emphasized within every department and we are fully dedicated in our mission to provide premier service to our membership. Thank you very much once again and we wish you a long and successful career within American Heritage Credit Union.

7. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Ok

May 17, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

People People people people people

Cons

Pay pay pay pay pay

Assist Vice-President (Payroll/Recruiting)

Thank you for your feedback. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed working with your peers. One of our top priorities at American Heritage Credit Union is to provide a friendly , welcoming environment for our associates and membership! Our salaries and incentive programs are consistently evaluated to ensure that our staff remain appropriately compensated for their work and commitment in assisting our membership and providing them with exemplary service. Thank you very much once again for conveying your thoughts and we wish you the best of luck in your career endeavors.

8. 5.0
      Current Employee

Great Place to Work

Mar 4, 2021 - Call Center Representative in Philadelphia, PA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Nice coworkers and community. A safe place to work.

Cons

customers are crazy sometimes, like really.

Assist Vice-President (Payroll/Recruiting)

Thank you very much for your feedback. We are very pleased to hear that you feel safe and we agree that “American Heritage CU is a “great place to work”. We are fortunate to have been recognized as a great place to work because of the awesome associates that represent our credit union and service our membership. The pandemic has impacted so many lives and it is imperative that we continue to fully support the members throughout such challenging times. We offer a wide array of products, services and resources to assist with their needs, and our membership deserves the exceptional service that is consistently offered. Thank you once again for your feedback and please continue to remain safe.

9. 1.0
      Former Employee

Stay FAR away! They don’t walk the talk!

Mar 2, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

We got free food on Fridays in 2020 and we could wear jeans to work during the pandemic.

Cons

Senior management promotes their cronies, even if they lack the knowledge, skills, ability, and/or experience/education and aren’t qualified to lead a team. CEO and senior management don’t read CMS notes regarding member complaints...they automatically take the member’s side even if they are wrong. CEO only cares about his public image. You won’t get anywhere here if you don’t play the game and suck up to someone in a powerful position.

Continue reading

Assist Vice-President (Payroll/Recruiting)

Thank you very much for taking the time to convey your thoughts about the Credit Union and our senior leadership team. Our CEO has dedicated his entire career to American Heritage, the associates, the credit union movement, our membership, and our neighboring communities. Throughout the pandemic, American Heritage Credit Union has and continues to explore means to thank our associates for their unwavering dedication. It is very nice to hear mention of the wonderful things our executive leadership has done during this crisis to recognize our associates for their efforts, which also includes extra (paid) time off and shortened work schedules. Employee and member safety and peace of mind remain our highest priority and we truly appreciate our associates for their ongoing dedication during such difficult times. Our member surveys provide American Heritage with valuable feedback and allows us the opportunity to enhance our service to our membership. Member escalation inquiries are examined to the fullest extent until a resolution is determined. Communication is crucial for this process to be effective, and we are continuously seeking means to improve our overall service and performance. American Heritage is extremely fortunate to have a high caliber of talent within the Credit Union. Often times, there is tremendous interest in a vacancy and selecting one candidate from a pool of talented employees can be challenging. Once a decision has been made to select a candidate, associates who were not selected for the sought after opportunity are provided with coaching and insight to help aid their growth and development for future opportunities that become available. We are proud of our internal promotion process and have been recognized for our process of promoting from within. American Heritage encourages our associates to bring any matters regarding illegal activity to the attention of management and the Human Resources Department. In accordance with our Anti-Retaliation policy, we do not tolerate any form of retaliation towards anyone who brings such concerns forward. We take all reports and claims of illegal activity seriously and all matters that are brought to our attention are immediately addressed, researched and handled in the appropriate manner. If you feel that there was anything left unresolved, please reach out to a member of the HR department. We thank you for your feedback and we wish you the best of luck in your future career endeavors and hope you and your family remain safe!

10. 4.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Okay Company

Feb 24, 2021 - American Heritage Federal Credit Union in Phila, PA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good Work Space , Friendly Staff

Cons

Management Can sometime be a pain

Assist Vice-President (Payroll/Recruiting)

Thank you very much for taking the time to express your thoughts about American Heritage Credit Union, it is truly appreciated. Our Credit Union has been and continues to remain fully committed to providing a safe and welcoming environment for our membership and our dedicated employees. We are extremely fortunate to have such a hard working and passionate staff that truly embraces unity and teamwork. If you care to reach out to our HR department to further convey your suggestions regarding management, we would love to hear from you. Thank you very much once again for your feedback and we wish you the best of luck in your future career endeavors.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 94 Reviews