American Heritage Federal Credit Union Employee Reviews about "amhfcu"

Updated Jul 21, 2020

3.9
American Heritage Federal Credit Union CEO Bruce K. Foulke (no image)
Bruce K. Foulke
Pros
  • "Seeing what other people went through with larger companies, I was very proud to be an employee of AMHFCU, and very grateful(in 6 reviews)

• "Good Benefits Package -Volunteering Opportunities(in 4 reviews)

• Cons
  • "High turnover, unachievable goals(in 4 reviews)

• "Management couldn’t care less about the employee well being(in 3 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Reviews about "amhfcu"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Amazing place to work

Jul 21, 2020 - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Incredible people, amazing place to work, great training programs. There’s probably 1000 good things I can say about this place. The main thing that I wanted to note was this places response to COVID-19. So many of the employees were allowed to work from home. If anyone was still working at the home office they received free lunch for an extended period of time, and there allowed dress down every day. All employees received extra PTO to use and was on a shortened schedule with the same pay, basically substituting as hazard pay. Seeing what other people went through with larger companies, I was very proud to be an employee of AMHFCU, and very grateful.

Cons

There are no cons here.

Recruiting Coordinator

Thank you very much for taking the time to express your thoughts about American Heritage Credit Union, it is greatly appreciated. During such trying times it is imperative that our Credit Union continues to provide exceptional member service while also ensuring that our associates and members safety remains our highest priority. While it is impossible to truly convey our heartfelt appreciation to our amazing staff during such unsettling times, American Heritage Credit Union continues to explore various means to alleviate some of the hardships faced by our associates, membership and our communities. Once again we thank you for your kind words and we hope you and your family continue to remain healthy and safe!

2. 2.0
      Former Employee

Great for experience, not for pay.

Feb 19, 2019 - Back Office
      Business Outlook

Pros

You gain a lot of useful experience working there. Higher turnover rates mean if you stay you will gain more and more responsibility and gain more knowledge. The people are friendly.

Cons

As stated above there is a high turnover rate and with that more responsibility, but there is no compensation for the added responsibility. You do learn a lot from working at AMHFCU, but you are not fairly compensated. Your knowledge will grow but your bank account will not. Also it is a very antiquated work culture that doesn't seem to know what it wants. Women can wear sweatpants and a t shirt while men have to wear a shirt and tie.

Recruiting Coordinator

Thank you for your constructive feedback. We do appreciate hearing that American Heritage provided you with the opportunities needed to grow in your position and successfully continue in your current career path. Our HR benefits team consistently monitors compensation within the industry and we take great precautions to ensure that we are remaining competitive in the industry. Please feel free to contact our SVP of HR to further discuss your concerns regarding compensation. We do require that all staff (both men and women) dress professionally each day. Our professional appearance for both front line and back office staff is important to the excellent reputation that AH upholds within the community. Because of your feedback, we will be reinforcing our dress code policy with the entire credit union. Thank you again for your feedback and best of luck in your future career endeavors.

3. 5.0
      Current Employee

An excellent place to work with great people!

Oct 8, 2014 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

I feel that American Heritage truly cares about their employees. It s a fun place to work and there is always something going on to recognize and reward the staff. The managers appreciate all of the hard work and dedication that their staff provides to the membership. We have so many employees who have been promoted because of that hard work and dedication. It is great to see someone who is successful in their current position move up to the next level. AMHFCU is all about promoting from within. The salary and incentive programs are great too.

Cons

I have not had a negative experience with this company and I am so excited to see how much it grows in the future.

4. 5.0
      Current Employee

Great Company!

Oct 8, 2014 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

American Heritage is a company that truly values its employees and members. They have a culture that respects and supports employees and understand the importance of a work-life balance. Bruce, the CEO, and his management team are friendly, approachable, and involved with employees at all levels. It is clear that AMHFCU understands that creating a 'Best Place to Work' helps to foster happy and productive employees. Employee contributions to company growth and success do not go unrecognized!

Cons

None - my experience has been great!

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

Awesome Place!

Nov 29, 2016 - Employee in Philadelphia, PA
      Business Outlook

Pros

I cannot say enough good words about AMHFCU! I love all the fun events that they do for the employees, the members and the community! If you are looking for a place to grow and learn, this is the place! Highly Recommend!

Cons

No Employer is perfect but AMHFCU is pretty close! They listen to concerns and address them. Can't say anything negative about the Credit Union.

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Love it here.

Nov 28, 2016 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

I love my job at AMHFCU. Coming from a bank the work environment is totally different. You feel like more than just a number as an employee here. One thing I really like is that the company promotes from within.

Cons

Job duties can get overwhelming at times.

2 people found this review helpful
    7. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

Manager

Dec 1, 2017 - Manager in Philadelphia, PA
      Business Outlook

Pros

I love working at AMHFCU! Great place to work:)

Cons

None that I can think of right now!

Assist Vice-President (Payroll/Recruiting)

Thank you for taking the time to rate our organization, feedback is always appreciated at American Heritage.

Viewing 1 - 7 of 7 English Reviews